Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Suggestion - Banning users in your own thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master Summoner
Reaction score
I was looking through a couple of threads and seen people off topic posting & arguing.
I had a suggestion; Banning a user from your own thread. It could be pretty helpful.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Re: Suggestion

No. You're not a moderator so why should you get a feature to potentially ban a user? Completely bad idea to be honest, users who hold grudges can just ban a user from their thread.

Ban a user? Banning a user from commenting on the thread after arguing/off topic spamming could be useful. Anyway it was just a suggestion.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score

Ban a user? Banning a user from commenting on the thread after arguing/off topic spamming could be useful. Anyway it was just a suggestion.

However there is always people who will abuse the feature. Leave that job down to the moderators ( not the abusing part, just the moderating part) . Report the spammer and the correct action will be taken.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

In my opinion, forum members should have free speech, unless it violates global or forum-specific rules. This feature could limit expression and could easily be abused by people.

Things like this should be left for the moderators to deal with.

Reaction score

I was looking through a couple of threads and seen people off topic posting & arguing.
I had a suggestion; Banning a user from your own thread. It could be pretty helpful.
that is the function of "report post" used for, you can report any off topic/people who arguing each other/spam your thread, or even someone else thread

In my opinion, forum members should have free speech, unless it violates global or forum-specific rules. This feature could limit expression and could easily be abused by people.

Things like this should be left for the moderators to deal with.

i think everyone have the right and always free to speech, but just remember the place, don't use your right to abuse someone else right, maybe you think you want to out of topic, and spam it, because it more fun, and it was your right of speech, but someone else may think your post was useless, and it was soooo pain in the butt to see a spam comment.
because there's a possibility of useful comment/info between that spam post, and it may so pain to look at it one by one...

it just my opinion :):

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
as Shoelace has said, it will be abused. Don't like someone? ban them from seeing your poop. someone not agree with what you have said? Banned! no, it wont work. Nice idea though.

Just use the report button.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In this case you only wish to hear what you want and delete what not..
Well moderators always can remove such posts for you if you own the thread. Requested it before and boom it's gone.
Moderators are good enough for this.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
That would mean a lot of rework of the original forum code, and I think I never saw a more ridiculous request in my life forum-wise. Nothing personal, ofc, you can't ban me from "your" thread haha :p

What you need is called "blog".

Master Summoner
Reaction score
That would mean a lot of rework of the original forum code, and I think I never saw a more ridiculous request in my life forum-wise. Nothing personal, ofc, you can't ban me from "your" thread haha :p

What you need is called "blog".

What I ment was banning a user from commenting on your thread, but as the previous people have explained it would be a whole lot easier to just report the user, and let moderators deal with the situation as people would abuse it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The whole problem is: That if that's really going to be added to the forum most of the people will abuse it on blocking anyone who they don't like from their post(s). That means that he / she may not be able to get helped out or to get the right solution for their problem from the person that knows best. Now of course there are more people who kno the solution but just get the point: People will abuse it and people will ban the people that they don't like andit will just cause a massive arguement / fight over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back