Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Suggestion] Name Change System.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

To subscribers - Is it annoying when you have to wait for
your name change untill MentaL logs on? True, right? Well,
I do! Why not make a system that checks if you're a subscriber,
then a textbox that asks for the new name, checks if it's for
bidden (e.g c0ck, s3x, pin3s). Then changes your name.
You can only do that once a week so people won't change it like
crazy.

How's that? P:

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
,... I wonder how you abuse a namechange. And... Arent you a mod..

I don't moderate here so i can't close it.

You can also abuse it many ways like you changing your name constantly if it was automatic. You would also be able to send in like 20 name change requests which would lag the server.

MentaL says he wants to do it manually so he can keep a record. It doesn't matter anyways, it only takes you a week to get a name change.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
In my opinion, this system would be a complete waste of time. Surely you can last up to about a week at the most before getting your username changed, right? I believe that on average it only takes around 24-48 hours anyway, not that long.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
I don't moderate here so i can't close it.

You can also abuse it many ways like you changing your name constantly if it was automatic. You would also be able to send in like 20 name change requests which would lag the server.

MentaL says he wants to do it manually so he can keep a record. It doesn't matter anyways, it only takes you a week to get a name change.

Exactly why making a Name REQUEST system is better since,

ONE. MentaL must approve.

TWO. You can probably make a column in which if it equals MORE then one in SQL, you cant change your name, and must wait a certain time period. 0 = No wait. and like 50 = 50 minutes. etc.

THREE. It's faster then making a thread.

FOUR. MentaL can log EVERY ONE thing that can happen, in a database. Even past name requests, and even approved ones. Make a system in the RaGEZONE Forum administrator panel, and make a little thing "View Current Requests", etc. Tbh, It's easy to make.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back