Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A suggestion I have waited for a long time to write...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello
This post reflects my forum use for 11 years, two of which I spent as a moderator of WoKF development.

Lately, I sense a slow progression in every subforum I am observing to learn about server developments. It feels like the "high-quality file sharing" has ended here.

This suggestion is for Mental, the administrator of this forum. I would have written you on Facebook, bro, but it is better to see it as a suggestion here.

It would be better to create a new subforum called "Development for nonlisted games" So, they would be like coding forums where people could gather and code server files for the games for which there are no released server files. So, building from scratch.

We have enough developers who would be interested in this. Feel free to comment on this topic. I am also adding a pool option.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Isn't this just MMORPG Extra? If not, how does it differ from MMORPG Extra?
Mmorpg Extra only allows individual topics for games. That means each topic has the chance to die out and be forgotten. By creating specific subforums, the awareness for the games would differ greatly.

Suppose that someone posts an outdated resource for a game. If it does not work, everybody forgets them in a week or so. But if it had a forum, it would not die. Developers could write small pieces of code for each part of the game to make it even better. Think it like a github.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
"Specific subforums" is essentially just the MMO and MMORPG Developments section though? You basically just suggested for each "nonlisted" game to have a subforum which automatically puts them in MMO and MMORPG Developments. I still don't see how it's any different from MMO and MMORPG Developments (subforum games) and MMORPG Extra (non-listed, no subforum games).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello

This post reflects my forum use for 11 years, two of which I spent as a moderator of WoKF development.
Lately, I sense a slow progression in every subforum I am observing to learn about server developments. It feels like the "high-quality file sharing" has ended here.
This suggestion is for Mental, the administrator of this forum. I would have written you on Facebook, bro, but it is better to see it as a suggestion here.
It would be better to create a new subforum called "Development for nonlisted games" So, they would be like coding forums where people could gather and code server files for the games for which there are no released server files. So, building from scratch.
We have enough developers who would be interested in this. Feel free to comment on this topic. I am also adding a pool option.

You would end up with a situation with the archived games currently; you'd have a lot of segmentation that really does not get much activity (though a few stand out).

Also at least in regards to XenForo (which MentaL has tested recently with the forum) a large number of forums can cause performance issues. It also leads to a loss of usability and accessibility as going through a million and one sections can become daunting.

Best option is to make a dedicated thread for the project, and create a Discord server, and use the thread to post updates.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
I'm still very confused about this suggestion. Am I understanding correctly that you basically suggest having named subsections for MMO(RPG) Extra?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm still very confused about this suggestion. Am I understanding correctly that you basically suggest having named subsections for MMO(RPG) Extra?

Hello,
This would work even better. Thanks for your contribution.

For all other posts here, I would like to thank all of you for your input. Especially, AdeptGamer 's input is valuable. The performance issues are also in my mind. I have created websites, coded bits and pieces for amateur projects. I would not know how it would be like to run a forum as big as RageZone.

And of course, this is merely a suggestion. Any input is valuable.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
the purpose of mmorpg extra is for the non-listed games to have a place to go. If they gain enough interest there (and have server files! <-- !!!) then it ends up with a section.

If I understand correctly, you're suggesting we just make sub section under this mmorpg for every game that pops up. I can tell you right now as the person who'd be doing that: not going to happen. we have a large forum with a lot of data and we need to not make sections for games that will only have one post ever, for lots of reasons, performance being one of them.

If this isn't what you have in your mind, please spell it out for me a little clearer.

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's either that i'm half asleep at 3am or that you are requesting that we make a sub section of what we already have which is MMORPG Extra's therefore I don't see a point of adding such sub section.
@Madison By the looks of it, he's asking for a subsection for something like mmorpg extra which i'm sure we already have on ragezone?
@heartseeker http://forum.ragezone.com/f856/

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know if it's either that i'm half asleep at 3am or that you are requesting that we make a sub section of what we already have which is MMORPG Extra's therefore I don't see a point of adding suxh sub section.
Madison By the looks of it, he's asking for a subsection for something like mmorpg extra which i'm sure we already have on ragezone?
heartseeker http://forum.ragezone.com/f856/

Congratulations on posting the exact same answer the 3 previous comments said.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@Madison
Thank you for commenting on this topic from the "management and server performance" perspective.
Bradley
Thanks for your contribution. I used to be a moderator, mind you... Besides that, don't you think I would know like every single section- subsection of this forum since I have been a member for 11 years?

Back