Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

More Tags for Coders Paradise

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
While writing a thread in the Coders Paradise section I noticed that I only got a hand full of tags to choose from...

My question was related to the C++ programming language but that one doesn't even have it's own tag. There is a tag [C++ / C#] but that really hurt my eyes. C++ is not the same language as C# because it starts with the same letter, lol. It will be misleading when it comes to answers / understanding of the code.

So I'd like to suggest the following tags to be added:
and maybe a lot more?

And the following to be removed:
  • C++/C#

Last edited:
Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
To be fair sure the idea is not to bad to have more tags.. but on the other hand you would need to add so many you don't even want to know..

About the C++ and C# combined.. if the reader cant understand the difference then they wont come with the right answer anyway.
They can stay together perfectly fine in my opinion..

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
To be fair sure the idea is not to bad to have more tags.. but on the other hand you would need to add so many you don't even want to know..

About the C++ and C# combined.. if the reader cant understand the difference then they wont come with the right answer anyway.
They can stay together perfectly fine in my opinion..

As far as I know, you can only choose 1 Tag from that Dropdown list. So no need to worry about having to add too many when you just tag it with the language you're using (or the other topics my suggested Tags are about).

I think we should encourage users to use the proper Tagging (and give them the proper tags) to show some efforts and not just to plain dump their code and ask what's wrong with a title like "I need help" and no tag at all.

About the C++ and C# part. I can't really agree with that either. You narrow the "readers" down to only a few who can't keep C++ and C# apart. Yes, they will probably not give any high quality answer, I agree.
But most of the programmers browsing Coders Paradise would want to know if the Thread is about C++ OR C# so they can evaluate if they want / can reply to it or not (without reading the whole OP).

Edit: A new user made a thread today and had to write the [C#] tag himself, most probably cus he didn't see it together with C++ in the dropdown list.

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
Edit: A new user made a thread today and had to write the [C#] tag himself, most probably cus he didn't see it together with C++ in the dropdown list.

and he was the smart one of the group.. besides that the name of a thread usually points out what its for ^^

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Honestly I would split the tags in 2, As agreed with Future C# and C++ isn't the same and currently most of the Tutorials or Threads that get made don't even have that current tag, they have individual tags.

I'dd also agree with the fact that its better to devide them as not every programmer knows the diffirence.. We can see the diffirence in syntax for C# and C++, but someone who's new to programming might not know that and confuse himself and give bad suggestions/feedback on the thread from the OP.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Honestly I would split the tags in 2, As agreed with @Future C# and C++ isn't the same and currently most of the Tutorials or Threads that get made don't even have that current tag, they have individual tags.

I'dd also agree with the fact that its better to devide them as not every programmer knows the diffirence.. We can see the diffirence in syntax for C# and C++, but someone who's new to programming might not know that and confuse himself and give bad suggestions/feedback on the thread from the OP.

Should be added, herp derp. I Wrote a different post here but I didn't read this :D

Back