Thank you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The OmegaRank
    May 2008 Join Date
    4,651Posts

Thank you

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Can I suggest that, a post shouldn't be allowed to be sent if the word 'thanks', 'thx', 'like' or any string similar exist in it and the post length is less than 12 characters.

Alpha MaleRank
    Dec 2007 Join Date
    2,421Posts

Re: Thank you

That's actually a nice suggestion Abry. I wonder if there's a mod for that in VB.

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,943Posts

Or just dont be lazy and report the post. Moderators have nothing better to do so
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,283Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abry View Post
    Can I suggest that, a post shouldn't be allowed to be sent if the word 'thanks', 'thx', 'like' or any string similar exist in it and the post length is less than 12 characters.
    So you are asking that any posts under 12 characters which consists of thanks, thx, like or such is banned?

SubscriberRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,157Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lune View Post
    So you are asking that any posts under 12 characters which consists of thanks, thx, like or such is banned?
    Can you not read?

MemberRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    4Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    That's actually a nice suggestion Abry. I wonder if there's a mod for that in VB.
    This is available as standard in vB without a mod. It should be listed in post settings somewhere :)

The OmegaRank
    May 2008 Join Date
    4,651Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HillBilly View Post
    Or just dont be lazy and report the post. Moderators have nothing better to do so
    I just don't think it's worth the effort for the reporter and the mod especially since this can be done already by an automated system. It doesn't need a rational mind to make such deduction. Not only that, but it also takes up space as another post in the reports log.

Here's a scenario; a new [release] thread with over 10 'thx great work~~!' posts. If you were a mod, would you bother sending all of them a warning message that next time they should use the like feature instead? Of course you would do, that's your job, but you would also feel that what you did was such a waste of time.

We're seeing the same scheme all the time.

Yes. Conditions may be changed, depending on anyone's suggestion.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2010 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    496Posts

To be honest, there is a like button for a reason. I agree with OP

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,283Posts

So instead of having easy tidy ups for people who say thanks, we now need to read an essay about why people say thanks.... I don't know. It may help it may not.

The OmegaRank
    May 2008 Join Date
    4,651Posts

So instead of having easy tidy ups for people who say thanks, we now need to read an essay about why people say thanks.... I don't know. It may help it may not.
    You're not getting the point. My suggestion would give people the choice to either simply use the like feature or post something contributive as possible.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2010 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    496Posts

Like is almost as equal to thanks, so use the button?

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,283Posts

You're not getting the point. My suggestion would give people the choice to either simply use the like feature or post something contributive as possible.
    Nah I understood the point, but I am just saying there will be people who type out over 12 characters (agbewbgiwehogwnbeogiwheg) and then just put thanks, or are you wanting to block anyone from using the word thanks or any variation of the word?

The OmegaRank
    May 2008 Join Date
    4,651Posts

Nah I understood the point, but I am just saying there will be people who type out over 12 characters (agbewbgiwehogwnbeogiwheg) and then just put thanks, or are you wanting to block anyone from using the word thanks or any variation of the word?
    Why would they do such if they were already prompted to use the like feature (assuming they tried posting 'thanks' the first time and a prompt box appeared). But if they still do so, an infraction is as good, and I guess this would be a rare case.

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,283Posts

Why would they do such if they were already prompted to use the like feature (assuming they tried posting 'thanks' the first time and a prompt box appeared). But if they still do so, an infraction is as good, and I guess this would be a rare case.
    Because there are a lot of noobs in this forum which don't understand the idea of a like button. I've deleted plenty of posts to know ˆˆ

Alpha MaleRank
    Dec 2009 Join Date
    2,810Posts

Because there are a lot of noobs in this forum which don't understand the idea of a like button. I've deleted plenty of posts to know ˆˆ
    True.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Advertisement