Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Thank you

Omega Male
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Or just dont be lazy and report the post. Moderators have nothing better to do so :):

I just don't think it's worth the effort for the reporter and the mod especially since this can be done already by an automated system. It doesn't need a rational mind to make such deduction. Not only that, but it also takes up space as another post in the reports log.

Here's a scenario; a new [release] thread with over 10 'thx great work~~!' posts. If you were a mod, would you bother sending all of them a warning message that next time they should use the like feature instead? Of course you would do, that's your job, but you would also feel that what you did was such a waste of time.

We're seeing the same scheme all the time.

So you are asking that any posts under 12 characters which consists of thanks, thx, like or such is banned?

Yes. Conditions may be changed, depending on anyone's suggestion.

Omega Male
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So instead of having easy tidy ups for people who say thanks, we now need to read an essay about why people say thanks.... I don't know. It may help it may not.

You're not getting the point. My suggestion would give people the choice to either simply use the like feature or post something contributive as possible.

Reaction score
You're not getting the point. My suggestion would give people the choice to either simply use the like feature or post something contributive as possible.

Nah I understood the point, but I am just saying there will be people who type out over 12 characters (agbewbgiwehogwnbeogiwheg) and then just put thanks, or are you wanting to block anyone from using the word thanks or any variation of the word?

Omega Male
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nah I understood the point, but I am just saying there will be people who type out over 12 characters (agbewbgiwehogwnbeogiwheg) and then just put thanks, or are you wanting to block anyone from using the word thanks or any variation of the word?

Why would they do such if they were already prompted to use the like feature (assuming they tried posting 'thanks' the first time and a prompt box appeared). But if they still do so, an infraction is as good, and I guess this would be a rare case.

Reaction score
Why would they do such if they were already prompted to use the like feature (assuming they tried posting 'thanks' the first time and a prompt box appeared). But if they still do so, an infraction is as good, and I guess this would be a rare case.

Because there are a lot of noobs in this forum which don't understand the idea of a like button. I've deleted plenty of posts to know ˆˆ

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Because there are a lot of noobs in this forum which don't understand the idea of a like button. I've deleted plenty of posts to know ˆˆ

True.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Lets keep this on track, and not aim at each other-

There seems to be two parts to this idea:

1. Is it even possible? (Personally I'm not sure)

2. Is it a good idea? (Would it benefit users/moderators? How/why etc)

So lets stick to the topic please.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's possible, I remember being on a vb forum where members are suppose to have a minimum of 10 characters in their post or else, they aren't allowed to submit their current post unless it met the requirements after. As for how and if its possible to identify variations of "thanks" and "like", that's beyond my knowledge.

Benefits: Save space, prompts users to use the like button feature, saves some of the trouble of have to report/warn (I guess? I don't know how many people make short posts in a day so... yeah.).
Downside: People can easily bypass it. I remember people adding "/10char" at the end of their short post to bypass the requirements of needing 10 characters.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if post length < (min char) & word ('thanks','thx','ty') found
return gtfo.

If vb doesn't support by default, well... dan is uber pro, he 'll do somth, if he approve ofc.

Not bad suggestion, but also not important that much, after all, it's just pixels and mods are h3r3 to clean the '$..'.

Omega Male
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I guess? I don't know how many people make short posts in a day so... yeah.

http://forum.ragezone.com/search.php?searchid=1204183

According to the results of this search, on the past 24 hours, there have been ~175 posts with the word 'thank', assuming that 1/10 or 10% of the results are the spammy 'thank' posts, that's 17.5, so we could make an assumption that everyday, there's ~17 being posted. This does not include posts such as 'ty', 'great', 'nice', and other one-word post compliments where the 'like' feature was not used.

Back