Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Thank you

I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
Me personally, a pm should be used for thank yous. If there is a thank you in my section, if I find it, I'll delete it. It doesn't have to be stretched out so far like this guys and gals.

P.S. Thank you ;)

Reaction score
Me personally, a pm should be used for thank yous. If there is a thank you in my section, if I find it, I'll delete it. It doesn't have to be stretched out so far like this guys and gals.

P.S. Thank you ;)
Nothing's being stretched out. It just a tiny little suggestion if you focus on the first post.

I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
Nothing's being stretched out. It just a tiny little suggestion if you focus on the first post.

Thats true, my bad. Now a script is not really needed. I'm sure we have enough mods with time to start deleting thank you's, and maybe write a simple pm to users to please give thanks through pms.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Thats true, my bad. Now a script is not really needed. I'm sure we have enough mods with time to start deleting thank you's, and maybe write a simple pm to users to please give thanks through pms.

Time that is being wasted.... no reason to waste time, we only get so much...

Reaction score
A personalized warning message from a MOD telling why it's not allowed, is more user friendly. If a automated system starts out deleting posts/giving out warnings, I assume there would be more work handling complaints than simply deleting the message yourself, as a MOD.

Time that is being wasted.... no reason to waste time, we only get so much...
It's not time being wasted, it's the job moderators get hired for by MentaL. We have +/- 45 MODs, I am sure they are able to handle and delete such messages spreaded over all the sections. Really, it's not that a big of a deal, and like I said before, way more user friendly.

Let's take exclamatio as an example, receiving automated messages from Facebook is way more annoying than a personalized message from a staff member.

Reaction score
A personalized warning message from a MOD telling why it's not allowed, is more user friendly. If a automated system starts out deleting posts/giving out warnings, I assume there would be more work handling complaints than simply deleting the message yourself, as a MOD.

It's not time being wasted, it's the job moderators get hired for by MentaL. We have +/- 45 MODs, I am sure they are able to handle and delete such messages spreaded over all the sections. Really, it's not that a big of a deal, and like I said before, way more user friendly.

Let's take @ as an example, receiving automated messages from Facebook is way more annoying than a personalized message from a staff member.

What the hell is your problem with this 'user-friendly'? Since when did giving an automated message not 'user-friendly' and who cares about it anyway? The idea is just to prompt users a warning beforehand just like how vB censors words, and how it also stops you if your post doesn't meet the minimum post length, those two combined. We want to make things smart here. The car is good, but you'd still choose to walk, eh whatever.

Don't be so cocky. Dan didn't hire you to simply do those stuff, because anyone could do that if given the power. We all know you're hired for something else more important. Isn't it a good thing if we minimize all these kinds of work you do everyday and instead just focus more on thinking of new ways to improve your sections?

No offense but posts like yours are the ones making this look like a big deal.

If a automated system starts out deleting posts/giving out warnings

Now I see where you're coming from. You misunderstood.

Last edited:
The one and only!
Reaction score
The current minimum is 5 characters. I don't see why this needs increasing. Nothing will change apart from people doing what was said above putting spam after their message so they reach the minimum. It will create more problems than it will solve.

Now you can tag me!
Reaction score
I actually think this would be a good system, I see way to many people posting just to write thank you instead of actually giving the creator/original poster a like or some positive rep. A post means nothing, while a like or rep actually contributes to a positive reputation and is beneficial.

Here's some reasons why this would be a good idea:
[1] To many users tend to write small posts containing only the words ty, thanks, thank you and some other random characters to go above the character requirement. This contributes to a messy thread structure, where serious questions, constructive criticism and suggestions/feedback tend to be forgotten and get placed in the middle of all the spam. It also completely ruins the motivation to get through a whole thread to see if some questions already have been asked or to keep yourself updated before posting, due to the fact that the threads can contain a billion of pages. ( This may also result in same questions being asked over and over, without anyone caring to read through the threads. )

[2] It doesn't affect the contributor in any positive way, it's very easily forgotten, while a rep/like remains at his profile.

[3] It creates extra and unnecessary work for us moderators, where we have to clean things up a lot more often + distribute warnings at some cases. ( It's also varies from section to section depending on the moderator whether such thank posts are allowed or not, which may also result in confusion to those who stop by at several sections. Mainly because it would be ridiculous if we had to make specific rules for thanking a user the proper way. )

I believe the following system would work: Disallow any post with less characters than 15 including the words thank you, ty, thanks, thx and whatso with a popup box telling them they can thank the user by hitting the like button or giving them positive reputation. This way the current minimum of 5 characters could still remain as long as it doesn't contain those set words, hence, a system like this wouldn't contribute in anything negative.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also like this idea.
While agreeing with Detox above me, It'll also stop allot of the pointless "bump" messages, like seriously no one needs to bump 3 times.. If no one replied, move on...
Plus most sections have a rule "Don't bump old threads"
Even though they could go "bump bump bump", Yet that's a spam lol, which in turn could have you warned and message deleted..
So I really like this idea!

Reaction score
Or even better idea,

Convert that "Thanx" or "thank you" to like automatically :8:

edit: This will be a bad idea as the "thanks" can be for the OP or for the post above the "thanks",

Rogu3
Reaction score
Or just make it so that the post length cannot be less than 12 characters...

Reaction score
Lets keep this on track, and not aim at each other-

There seems to be two parts to this idea:

1. Is it even possible? (Personally I'm not sure)

So lets stick to the topic please.

I had made it several days ago and asked Dan but he was not feeling well that time, so yeah.

Tell me what you think.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back