Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Making "Like" go back to the "Thank" Button

Reaction score
As much as this "Like" system is kind of different from other forums, I don't like it as much as I loved the "Thank Button". It feels better that way since we're in a development forum, and if someone would release something, they would want people to thank them for releasing it, not just "liking" their release. It's only more logical, and I think it makes it easier.

I don't like the fact that I have to hover over the post first in order to press the "Like" link. The fact that the Thank Button would be under the post and blatantly obvious to the user (right next to the Report Post button) was more convenient, and the Heart Symbol on the Thank Button was also pretty heart-warming :love:.

I don't know if you RaGEZONE users noticed, but there isn't as much people Liking posts as there used to be people Thanking posts back in the old days. Try and compare some of the new releases made today to the old ones. The section that I'm mostly in, which is MapleStory, shows clearly that people don't tend to press Like as much as they used to press Thanks back then.

I just think that Dan should switch the Like system back to the Thank system, as it was easier, prettier, and made more sense to fitting in a private server development forum.

It's not a major issue or anything, don't think my jimmies are rustled because of this lol. I just am suggesting something that could possibly improve the forum :p

Reaction score
or removing the hover function so we can see the like link instantly instead of just removing the system and wipe the users reputation

There's no need to remove the system and wipe a user's Liked amount. MentaL switched the Thank button to the Like button without losing any data, and if he can do that, I'm sure he can revert it back to the Thank button without losing any data. :p

EDIT: I was wrong about the placement of the Thank button, I meant it used to be next to the Multiquote button :x!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
There's no need to remove the system and wipe a user's Liked amount. MentaL switched the Thank button to the Like button without losing any data, and if he can do that, I'm sure he can revert it back to the Thank button without losing any data. :p

well let me tell u something!
I liked ur commet above! but I dont thank you for saying it? u get the point?
I can thank you for saying what u said above, but I can like ur post but I like what u said!

Reaction score

EDIT: I was wrong about the placement of the Thank button, I meant it used to be next to the Multiquote button :x!

But there's no point in reversing the Like system to Thanks system. Personally I don't see a problem with the hover function but that could be easily fixed

Reaction score
well let me tell u something!
I liked ur commet above! but I dont thank you for saying it? u get the point?
I can thank you for saying what u said above, but I can like ur post but I like what u said!

That may be true, but we aren't in Facebook here. We're in a Private Server Development Forum, and people work together as a community to develop things further, and release their projects for the community to use. I think it's more logical if we have "Thanks" instead of "Liked" because as I said before, you don't just "like" a release, you "thank" the person for it. If I wanted to Like somebody's post, I'd be going to Facebook, and I'm pretty sure this isn't Facebook lol.

But there's no point in reversing the Like system to Thanks system. Personally I don't see a problem with the hover function but that could be easily fixed

That's okay, you can *personally* not see something wrong with anything if you wanted to. Your entitled to your own opinion, I'm just stating facts. I honestly felt much better when I had a bunch of people thanking me for something I made for the community (I have posts I made back then when it was still "Thanks", and it has way more people that Liked it then, than people are liking new releases now. It's more logical to have it as Thanks, and it was easier to notice that there even was a Thanks button. Which concludes me to say that your statement "there is no point in reversing the Like system to Thanks system" is false, and there is a point. I've stated other reasons why in my first post if you'd like to re-read my reasoning on this suggestion.

EDIT: But if MentaL doesn't want to switch it to "Thanks" again, at least move the Like button to where the Thanks button used to be, right next to the Multi-quote button, and possibly give it a nifty icon like a Thumbs Up or a Heart Symbol. I don't like the Hover feature, and it looks bland in text.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
That may be true, but we aren't in Facebook here. We're in a Private Server Development Forum, and people work together as a community to develop things further, and release their projects for the community to use. I think it's more logical if we have "Thanks" instead of "Liked" because as I said before, you don't just "like" a release, you "thank" the person for it. If I wanted to Like somebody's post, I'd be going to Facebook, and I'm pretty sure this isn't Facebook lol.
as u can see u liked my post! :p, you cant thank me for it? xD
but u got a point! but I can also like something someone released! I 'like' what he did and I can thank him by a comment :)

Reaction score
as u can see u liked my post! :p, you cant thank me for it? xD
but u got a point! but I can also like something someone released! I 'like' what he did and I can thank him by a comment :)

Okay, I'll give you that, you've got a valid argument there. But at least I think MentaL should make Liking a post easier. Hovering over the post and pressing Like doesn't have the same feel as pressing a Thumbs Up button or a Heart button to like a post, don't you agree?

Reaction score
just pretend it looks and behaves exactly how you want it, I do.

It still isn't the same though, because I know of others, including myself, who are receiving less recognition for our work that we put out to the public. We like to be liked XD

It's not that hard, and I'm asking you kindly, can we please have it look like it used to be? If not that, then maybe just remove the hover? Pleaseee?

Reaction score
The like system is built into vbseo so rather than use an additional plugin I would rather use a feature that is already existing and wouldn't use much additional load. I did like the old thank system but realistically they are the same with just a visual change. I can rename like to "thanks" if i get enough requests. ( I think i can rename it anyways).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Couldn't you use something like the UserScript addon to make those visual changes as well, not sure if you can also add in the extra buttons but I'm sure it's possible.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it can be renamed. I also noticed that we "Like" things we wouldn't have "Thanked" and that kinda cheapened the value of the feature, but also gave more meaningful counts. TBH, I'd almost like to have the option to "like", "thank" or both. (Just greedy)

But the number of people who have told me they don't use "Like" because they don't want RaGEZONE stuff showing up on their Facebook profile (we do have links to Facebook, and the Share feature, but "Like" isn't associated) suggest that the present name is confusing.

The number of people who tell me they didn't even notice the link, or that they still can't find it even when I post a screeny of the thing when I ask them to use the "Like" feature instead of flooding development and discussion threads with 1 to 3 word posts that effectively just say "Tank you" suggests the "hover hide" is also holding this feature back from it's full potential.

So I would also ask that the name be changed to something else, (anything that popular social networks don't use as part of their branding
dislike-fb.png
) and not hide until you hover over it. How does this even work for the visually impaired using screen readers or touch screen users who don't have a pointer I wonder? Add my name to the list. :thumbup:

Back