Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Thread approval before showing [Sell area]

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi,

After seeing the recent scamming in the Sell zone under Merchant, I reckon once a sale thread is made, a MOD or staff rank should have to check it out, do a background check on the person selling set item then tick whether to allow the thread or not.

Sorry if it's already place :) But it's just a suggestion to attempt to stop scammers.

Reaction score
Well, I think all threads are then going to be approved if it is unknown if the seller is going to deliver proper work or without scamming.

It would take too much time to do a background check and it is not really needed. If there are being any issues, it will be dealt with on the forums. If the seller does not refund (s)he'll end up being banned.

I'm not so sure if it is already in place (could be :blushing:) but I don't think it would make that much of a big difference.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
RageZone is one hell of a massive forum.
They should get middle man for sell area to get jobs done.
Eshcrow service.
Moderators and Super Mod are highly trusted. This gives more security to buyers.

Giving or expose their info due to fraud or scam is just simply wicked :)!! But down to the facts, it won't help. It better not to lose.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We don't offer middle man services as we personally don't want to get involved nor be blamed if something goes wrong. Besides, it would require a ton of extra work. We offer you a place to trade, sell and buy, you're responsible to make the trades as safe as possible. We also ban those who scam, and their reputation level is fully visible for everyone. I think it's very unlikely that we'll ever run a background check when it comes to approving their selling threads, but we do however approve/disapprove threads before they are visible for other members in the Merchant Zone.

Quoting MentaL here:
People have been selling via skype since it started, what I have been doing is letting it slide and when they come crying i tell them they didnt follow protocol and sold outside of RZ, so tough poop. I just want the section to be active and i dont want no middle man service as its going to cause a lot of head ache, i prefer the simple A -> B system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back