Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Thread Lock

BloopBloop
Reaction score
Could it be possible to allow thread creators to "lock" there own thread?

For example:

-I made a help thread and i received the answer i needed.

It would be nice if can simply lock my own thread. What will prevent people bumping the thread after one year with : " Hey dude this works great".
Also people who require the same "help" can simply still find the thread and see the solution what other members posted.

-Lets say i started a discussion thread, what is getting way of topic , Then you could simply close your own thread, to prevent spam,blames etc.

To be honest i don't see any reason how this could be harmfull :D:

The World Is Yours
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We used to have this feature, and I believe it was removed because many people closed their threads but later wanted them reopened which required a moderator to do so.

You can delete your thread by going to advanced mode though.

BloopBloop
Reaction score
We used to have this feature, and I believe it was removed because many people closed their threads but later wanted them reopened which required a moderator to do so.

You can delete your thread by going to advanced mode though.

I believe subscribers can lock their own threads, IIRC

If both of those are true, then this thread could be locked xD

BloopBloop
Reaction score
Can only be possible if the user is a subscriber. Plus, it can't be locked by the user anyway, he can delete it though

I assume that this is also subscriber only, because i can't delete my own threads.

Reaction score
Sorry I assumed it was available for all users, I think it's only if you're a subscriber or a higher rank (Gamma, Omega, etc.) since I have it

Weird, I wasn't able to use it when I was omega I believe. Well I could, but it wouldn't work past a certain date.

~sent from my phone, please excuse my lazy typing and/or typos~

Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was able to close and delete threads when I got Alpha member years ago. Not sure if it changed since then.

Rogu3
Reaction score
It's not really a needed feature for users. Subscribers and higher ranks get it as a privilege. If you think that your thread should be closed then just request it in the thread until a moderator sees it. That's what I used to do when I was a normal user.

☮TAKU????
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Back