Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A title or a compensation for Contributors

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I believe people who contributed on Ragezone specifically on server files should be rewarded with a custom title or anything that acknowledges them for their huge contribution over the forum or generally the community of the specific game category.

Although some are just doing it as a hobby, but I still think people like them deserves more than just being a member here.

Please I hope this gets under deliberation.

Thank you.

Inactive
Reaction score
I agree and i'd vouch for this myself for a title or something, maybe even a contributors section.

Might encourage more to contribute overall in sections.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People who have contributed towards the community do actually get compensated

People get hand picked to get in to the legends usergroup a usergroup specifically made for people who have done a lot for the RageZONE community so I hope this explains enough for you that I am not sure if there is another usergroup needed if there is already one based on that matter

Edit:

New legends are only ex-supervisors or ex-super moderators who have been here for a very long time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm definitely up for this. I believe this was one of the original ideas for the Developer rank? But this changed into a private "only friends are allowed to join" group, and then it changed again and what ever more.

You may as well rename the Developer usergroup at that point then, since it seems to be handed out to pretty much anyone these days. In my opinion, the usergroup should just be deleted.

They are also rewarded with Likes. Unless they specifically developed the files, they should not be rewarded for just reposting from another site to RZ.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
There is no real need for another usergroup.

People who have really contributed big things over the years get hand picked to become a legend so that is the usergroup not only for people who have been around really long but also for people who have contributed loads of things especially big things over the years
New legends are only ex-supervisors or ex-super moderators who have been here for a very long time.

You may as well rename the Developer usergroup at that point then, since it seems to be handed out to pretty much anyone these days. In my opinion, the usergroup should just be deleted.
I don't think an extra user group is necessary, so a rename of the Developer rank is a good idea, or changing the way the Developers are picked should be changed. But we'll see where this idea ends.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I took some time to make changes to my post but agreeing with Brain I think there is no usergroup needed to explain what someone has done for the community

Sure there is no big spotlight on the contributors but I don't think it's needed either because people can show their appreciation by liking your post and by commenting & I am very sure people did that.

Last edited:
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
It really depends what specifically a compensation for contributors is.

Developer Rank v2? I'm sorry, no...

If it was actually open to legitimate elections and would require someone to stay active and not retire on the title, then we're talking. Can be something else too. Not sure what the suggestion is.

Reaction score
I believe people who contributed on Ragezone specifically on server files should be rewarded with a custom title or anything that acknowledges them for their huge contribution over the forum or generally the community of the specific game category.

Although some are just doing it as a hobby, but I still think people like them deserves more than just being a member here.

Please I hope this gets under deliberation.

Thank you.
Most likely, everyone, even if they want to or not, can agree on fact that some % of the so called releases comes in here from people who, somehow, got into the teams and then just "made backups on their pc" of the files and got into argument with the team and that's how it got into ragezone. Thanks no deletion policy.
Then another percentage of existing stuff is so badly outdated that it's not even funny anymore, people use it as a base, fix it for themselves and that's about it.
Some others just post some old stuff that doesn't work with any new versions and just a small amount of people post an updated & full releases here.

That's the situation today.

From my perspective, giving everyone a unique title just coz that person was kind enough to upload some outdated stuff is not a good idea at all.
Not sure how you can become developer in here, but I guess if you do sufficient work, give sufficient materials to the community, keep it up to date and interact with existing developers, or they notice you, I have a good feeling, that person would be invited to the group, no other way around. (If it doesn't work like that, sorry, but developer group suck balls then, or simply some developer could come in and give some heads up for people to clarify that it's not some private BFFs group.)

In any case, why everyone forgets that there is an existing 2 places clearly visible on your profile, if community appreciates the work and help that has been given to them:

404_image.png

copyrights belong to NoBrain

I know it might not be the most accurate, but it's still better than any other alternative so far, unless you want ragezone to become one of these anime forums with 50 titles under your name, 100 badges and some flaming dragon walking on your picture, with a bunch of fairies.

Plus, buying a subscription doesn't cost hundreds of euros and you know that you support a forum that everyone gets their stuff from.

So that's my opinion on this.

Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
i believe developer rank should be granted to users that have knowledge enough for coding applications, not just throw server files through ragezone, maybe another kind of group for big contributors of server for games solve what you're looking for.

by the way there too many developers that remains unknown for ragezone, working on background without show his skills on public.
i've joined ragezone in 2011 as a unknown member, with the time i grow up, show and share my skills with many releases, and everybody can do the same.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just don't feel that making a usergroup only for people who have contributed towards the community is going to make you feel better because sharing is caring

I'm sure that any user on this forum appreciate the fact that you have contributed thing(s) and I personally think that this one thing is a compensation that money or a usergroup can't buy

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is probably going to give me a lot of dislikes, but I'm going to post it anyways:

In my opinion, people who want to be rewarded like this for ALMOST simply existing on a forum (posting, sharing content, etc.), are just missing validation of their special snowflakeyness (which they are not). In other words, I think that people should not be rewarded EVEN MORE for contributing.

Reaction score
In other words, I think that people should not be rewarded EVEN MORE for contributing.

Well that is one way to kill of sections that are on the decline...

While I get your point though it might also motivate (new) people to start contributing (more).

I don't really care about any rewards wether thats a different color name (I like this one actually) or some weird flair (Altough marquee would be cool). I'd prefer to have my inbox size increased. The post, like and reputation count already shows if someone is contributing, in whatever way that might be like just helping people, making releases, posting news / updates or just generally being active all around.

The only thing I could think of that would benefit active people is an increased inbox size. Its 250 for 'The Omega' rank which is full within a couple weeks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To be honest, I agree with this idea but then I don't at the same time.

Maybe I was brought up differently, but I was always taught by my parents that it was really important to give things out of generosity and not expect anything back.

Remember if anything, it is a donation, it is not a cry for help from RaGEZONE and this certainly isn't Cancer Research UK.
A donation being something that you give out of your own pocket to help, but not expecting anything else other than the constant forum upgrades and tweaks that are going on behind the background that aren't visible to me or you.

Reaction score
A donation being something that you give out of your own pocket to help, but not expecting anything else other than the constant forum upgrades and tweaks that are going on behind the background that aren't visible to me or you.
But sometimes you DO get something back. If it's source, maybe you get a compilable version back, if it's binaries maybe you get more insight how to set it up etc ;)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with Joopie on this one for sure.

You don't need a usergroup to prove that you have done a lot for the community. People respect the fact that you have sticked your head out for the community and took your time to release your or others software because they could not find it elsewhere and they really needed it.

So please... let's just drop the whole usergroup case because it's not going to do you any favor and it's just nonsense in my opinion....

Last edited:
Back