A title or a compensation for Contributors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    你他妈的 HeavenlyGifted is offline
    GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    PhilippinesLocation
    4,068Posts

    A title or a compensation for Contributors

    I believe people who contributed on Ragezone specifically on server files should be rewarded with a custom title or anything that acknowledges them for their huge contribution over the forum or generally the community of the specific game category.

    Although some are just doing it as a hobby, but I still think people like them deserves more than just being a member here.

    Please I hope this gets under deliberation.

    Thank you.


  2. #2
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Ketchup is offline
    SubscriberRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    LocalhostLocation
    715Posts

    Re: A title or a compensation for Contributors

    I agree and i'd vouch for this myself for a title or something, maybe even a contributors section.

    Might encourage more to contribute overall in sections.

  3. #3
    MMO Supervisor Biesmen is offline
    SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,281Posts

    Re: A title or a compensation for Contributors

    I'm definitely up for this. I believe this was one of the original ideas for the Developer rank? But this changed into a private "only friends are allowed to join" group, and then it changed again and what ever more.
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

    "The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."

  4. #4
    Banned Deathsfear is offline
    BannedRank
    Feb 2003 Join Date
    440Posts

    Re: A title or a compensation for Contributors

    People who have contributed towards the community do actually get compensated

    People get hand picked to get in to the legends usergroup a usergroup specifically made for people who have done a lot for the RageZONE community so I hope this explains enough for you that I am not sure if there is another usergroup needed if there is already one based on that matter

    Edit:

    New legends are only ex-supervisors or ex-super moderators who have been here for a very long time.
    Last edited by Deathsfear; 16-12-17 at 02:22 PM. Reason: felt something was not right :w00t:

  5. #5
    "(still lacks brains)" NoBrain is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,722Posts

    Re: A title or a compensation for Contributors

    Quote Originally Posted by Biesmen View Post
    I'm definitely up for this. I believe this was one of the original ideas for the Developer rank? But this changed into a private "only friends are allowed to join" group, and then it changed again and what ever more.
    You may as well rename the Developer usergroup at that point then, since it seems to be handed out to pretty much anyone these days. In my opinion, the usergroup should just be deleted.

    They are also rewarded with Likes. Unless they specifically developed the files, they should not be rewarded for just reposting from another site to RZ.



  6. #6
    MMO Supervisor Biesmen is offline
    SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,281Posts

    Re: A title or a compensation for Contributors

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsfear View Post
    There is no real need for another usergroup.

    People who have really contributed big things over the years get hand picked to become a legend so that is the usergroup not only for people who have been around really long but also for people who have contributed loads of things especially big things over the years
    New legends are only ex-supervisors or ex-super moderators who have been here for a very long time.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoBrain View Post
    You may as well rename the Developer usergroup at that point then, since it seems to be handed out to pretty much anyone these days. In my opinion, the usergroup should just be deleted.
    I don't think an extra user group is necessary, so a rename of the Developer rank is a good idea, or changing the way the Developers are picked should be changed. But we'll see where this idea ends.
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

    "The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."

  7. #7
    Banned Deathsfear is offline
    BannedRank
    Feb 2003 Join Date
    440Posts

    Re: A title or a compensation for Contributors

    I took some time to make changes to my post but agreeing with Brain I think there is no usergroup needed to explain what someone has done for the community

    Sure there is no big spotlight on the contributors but I don't think it's needed either because people can show their appreciation by liking your post and by commenting & I am very sure people did that.
    Last edited by Deathsfear; 15-12-17 at 01:33 PM. Reason: People not poeppe :(

  8. #8
    A title or a compensation for Contributors Future is online now
    SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    2,239Posts

    Re: A title or a compensation for Contributors

    It really depends what specifically a compensation for contributors is.

    Developer Rank v2? I'm sorry, no...

    If it was actually open to legitimate elections and would require someone to stay active and not retire on the title, then we're talking. Can be something else too. Not sure what the suggestion is.


    Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

  9. #9
    Account Upgraded | Title Enabled! AzureSensei is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2013 Join Date
    f451Location
    243Posts

    Re: A title or a compensation for Contributors

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyGifted View Post
    I believe people who contributed on Ragezone specifically on server files should be rewarded with a custom title or anything that acknowledges them for their huge contribution over the forum or generally the community of the specific game category.

    Although some are just doing it as a hobby, but I still think people like them deserves more than just being a member here.

    Please I hope this gets under deliberation.

    Thank you.
    Most likely, everyone, even if they want to or not, can agree on fact that some % of the so called releases comes in here from people who, somehow, got into the teams and then just "made backups on their pc" of the files and got into argument with the team and that's how it got into ragezone. Thanks no deletion policy.
    Then another percentage of existing stuff is so badly outdated that it's not even funny anymore, people use it as a base, fix it for themselves and that's about it.
    Some others just post some old stuff that doesn't work with any new versions and just a small amount of people post an updated & full releases here.

    That's the situation today.

    From my perspective, giving everyone a unique title just coz that person was kind enough to upload some outdated stuff is not a good idea at all.
    Not sure how you can become developer in here, but I guess if you do sufficient work, give sufficient materials to the community, keep it up to date and interact with existing developers, or they notice you, I have a good feeling, that person would be invited to the group, no other way around. (If it doesn't work like that, sorry, but developer group suck balls then, or simply some developer could come in and give some heads up for people to clarify that it's not some private BFFs group.)

    In any case, why everyone forgets that there is an existing 2 places clearly visible on your profile, if community appreciates the work and help that has been given to them:



    copyrights belong to NoBrain

    I know it might not be the most accurate, but it's still better than any other alternative so far, unless you want ragezone to become one of these anime forums with 50 titles under your name, 100 badges and some flaming dragon walking on your picture, with a bunch of fairies.

    Plus, buying a subscription doesn't cost hundreds of euros and you know that you support a forum that everyone gets their stuff from.

    So that's my opinion on this.
    Like or Rep is the best way to show appreciation!
    -//- [Section Rules] -//- [Help] -//- [Tutorials] -//- [Releases] -//-
    -//- [Development] -//-


  10. #10
    Would You Kindly? Bola is online now
    DeveloperRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    1,534Posts

    Re: A title or a compensation for Contributors

    i believe developer rank should be granted to users that have knowledge enough for coding applications, not just throw server files through ragezone, maybe another kind of group for big contributors of server for games solve what you're looking for.

    by the way there too many developers that remains unknown for ragezone, working on background without show his skills on public.
    i've joined ragezone in 2011 as a unknown member, with the time i grow up, show and share my skills with many releases, and everybody can do the same.
    die as a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain

  11. #11
    Banned Deathsfear is offline
    BannedRank
    Feb 2003 Join Date
    440Posts

    Re: A title or a compensation for Contributors

    I just don't feel that making a usergroup only for people who have contributed towards the community is going to make you feel better because sharing is caring

    I'm sure that any user on this forum appreciate the fact that you have contributed thing(s) and I personally think that this one thing is a compensation that money or a usergroup can't buy
    Last edited by Deathsfear; 15-12-17 at 06:18 PM.

  12. #12
    Gaby is offline
    SubscriberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    Viva HollandiaLocation
    1,595Posts

    Re: A title or a compensation for Contributors

    This is probably going to give me a lot of dislikes, but I'm going to post it anyways:

    In my opinion, people who want to be rewarded like this for ALMOST simply existing on a forum (posting, sharing content, etc.), are just missing validation of their special snowflakeyness (which they are not). In other words, I think that people should not be rewarded EVEN MORE for contributing.


  13. #13
    Death from above! The General is offline
    DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    9,246Posts

    Re: A title or a compensation for Contributors

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaby View Post
    In other words, I think that people should not be rewarded EVEN MORE for contributing.
    Well that is one way to kill of sections that are on the decline...

    While I get your point though it might also motivate (new) people to start contributing (more).

    I don't really care about any rewards wether thats a different color name (I like this one actually) or some weird flair (Altough marquee would be cool). I'd prefer to have my inbox size increased. The post, like and reputation count already shows if someone is contributing, in whatever way that might be like just helping people, making releases, posting news / updates or just generally being active all around.

    The only thing I could think of that would benefit active people is an increased inbox size. Its 250 for 'The Omega' rank which is full within a couple weeks.
    Last edited by The General; 15-12-17 at 09:21 PM.
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063
    Join the Arcturus Discord server: https://discord.gg/eDr7FKQ (You can ask help here regarding Arcturus :love)

  14. #14
    A title or a compensation for Contributors Future is online now
    SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    2,239Posts

    Re: A title or a compensation for Contributors

    Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    The only thing I could think of that would benefit active people is an increased inbox size. Its 250 for 'The Omega' rank which is full within a couple weeks.
    Lol... :

    Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Just clean up yer inbox
    Anyw. I'm still very much for getting rid of the inbox limit or increasing it by a lot for "normal" users :P


    Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

  15. #15
    Death from above! The General is offline
    DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    9,246Posts

    Re: A title or a compensation for Contributors

    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Lol... :
    That was sarcasm. Its a pain in the butt to go through everything and see what you want to keep.

    Tbh, storage space nowadays is really cheap so there shouldn't be a real limit on how much you can keep.
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063
    Join the Arcturus Discord server: https://discord.gg/eDr7FKQ (You can ask help here regarding Arcturus :love)



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement