Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A title or a compensation for Contributors

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I believe people who contributed on Ragezone specifically on server files should be rewarded with a custom title or anything that acknowledges them for their huge contribution over the forum or generally the community of the specific game category.

Although some are just doing it as a hobby, but I still think people like them deserves more than just being a member here.

Please I hope this gets under deliberation.

Thank you.

Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with Joopie on this one for sure.

You don't need a usergroup to prove that you have done a lot for the community. People respect the fact that you have sticked your head out for the community and took your time to release your or others software because they could not find it elsewhere and they really needed it.

So please... let's just drop the whole usergroup case because it's not going to do you any favor and it's just nonsense in my opinion....

Oh boy youve never been part of the habbo "community".

Its a penis measuring contest where you try to rip as many people off as you can for your own benefit; adding a single line of code apparently gives you the right to rename and claim credits on authorship for emulators and before you release something you try to sell it to as many people first as you know that everything gets leaked regardless. And when you do release something you better add a god.php backdoor in it and act like you dont know better.

I think some form of useful reward might actually benefit certain sections and hopefully help increase the amount of quality releases.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is a ongoing issue not only on the Habbo section but also on various other sections on the RageZONE board and unfortunately there is nothing really to be done about it.

So there must be a good way instead of making a usergroup to approve that what someone has released or someone has shared with the community is legit and not stolen from the internet or has not been changed yet.

I honestly do not believe that a usergroup is going to make any of that happen and if there was a better way instead of making a usergroup then I would have vouched for it but in this case I'm not going to vouch for it

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think what Dan mentioned above is pretty good.

Making a usergroup is good. It's going to be a huge benefit for the users. They will know that people who have been chosen for this usergroup are people who only contribute quality product unlike some users who contribute stolen code or unfinished work or things that are going to get your website or private server hacked

Not implying that everyone is like that but there are individuals who do and that's really sad to see

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is really no need for yet another usergroup when there already is a usergroup that is based on people who have been contributing things already.

Sure there needs to be a difference between a contribution with great quality and a contribution with less quality but you can easily see that by downloading it and checking it for stolen code or something that they claim credits for but has not been made by the person who released it.

So maybe there needs to be a sanction system. People who release something but have stole the code or who have not made it but claim credits for it or try to sell it need to be warned that what they are doing is not right.

I honestly don't think that usergroups are going to make any difference neither does giving people subscriptions.

I understand your point of view but it's really not needed. Maybe if something other than a usergroup for example the sanction system I have mentioned could help the quality contributors big time.

Reaction score
Selling server files is forbidden anyways so.

Maybe that Developers group can be renamed to Top Contributers (and people with the RZ award for best contributer to be added to it /s :p).

Then make it so people who:
- Release multiple contributions over the past n years can be added and when you get inactive you get removed.

A voting in system would be bad as that would make it possible for a group to exclude someone.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The General that is a great idea! Rename the usergroup to top contributors and only let people in who have proven to only contribute quality project this way you could solve the biggest part of the issue.

I am in for this idea. I honestly think that this is a good way for quality contributors to get their compensation. And for the people to know who really do only contribute quality content.

Last edited:
Reaction score
But to be honest, people release because they want to contribute and thats how they build a reputation. One should not be encourage to release only to obtain a certain rank.

So yeah I agree with Gaby but I would also understand why others might fee to be aknowledged for their contributions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The General.

In the first case I was thinking about that as well. People who have contributed over the years have more reputation than people who have contributed stolen code and things they have not made.

So it's what Gaby said that is true but it would not be a issue to change a usergroup as you mentioned and just move them on their and let contributors be picked based on reputation and so.

So I agree with both way eventually that's for the cook to decide based on how many would go along with it.

Back