Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Trial Subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I have a suggestion that might make more people want to buy subscriptions and donate to the forum.

You should make a new subscription, which is free, but only lasts 1-2 days, and cannot be renewed. This is so people can learn the benefits of being a subscribed member. They can see how all the benefits work. They can try out the arcade, and see what awesome games are in it. Perhaps make it a yellow username or something.

This will people realize the great benefits of subscribing. They will want to continue their subscription and will buy a more permenant one. This will help both the users, and the forum out.

Toxic998

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
vBulletin does not support Free subscriptions - unless you recode it. That's your first issue.
Even though you make a coupon for said price of trial subscription - you still have to enter your credit/debit card details.

The subscriptions are for the people who donate for the servers well being - nothing more, nothing less. The shiny texts, PM inbox storage, etc - are mere gifts from Mental to show his appreciation.

If you want to try a Subscription - buy it. But don't buy it because you want the benefits, do it because the Forum should benefit from it.

By forums, I mean Mental and whoever takes apart of the cake (which is not a lie, pinky swear).

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
vBulletin does not support Free subscriptions - unless you recode it. That's your first issue.
Even though you make a coupon for said price of trial subscription - you still have to enter your credit/debit card details.

The subscriptions are for the people who donate for the servers well being - nothing more, nothing less. The shiny texts, PM inbox storage, etc - are mere gifts from Mental to show his appreciation.

If you want to try a Subscription - do it. But don't do it, because you want the benefits, do it because the Forum should benefit from it.

By forums, I mean Mental and whoever takes apart of the cake (which is not a lie, pinky swear).

I'm not doing this for me. When I get some extra cash, I'm planning to donate anyways. This is just to help MentaL perhaps get more donations and money to help ragezone. And if MentaL wanted to do this, I'm sure he could easily code it.

Reaction score
There was an old sub called "Pink Subscriber" - now renamed to "Roseus/Pink Member". It lasted for 3 days, without the ability to change your username, but just a trial sub to see how it's like. It only cost like $1.

Oh yeah, there's also this -

You sign up and earn points by doing surveys, then you can buy a sub with those points. :p

Not sure if it still works, as pink & MentaL sub are removed. And the copyright says 2010. ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There was an old sub called "Pink Subscriber" - now renamed to "Roseus/Pink Member". It lasted for 3 days, without the ability to change your username, but just a trial sub to see how it's like. It only cost like $1.

Oh yeah, there's also this -

You sign up and earn points by doing surveys, then you can buy a sub with those points. :p

Not sure if it still works, as pink & MentaL sub are removed. And the copyright says 2010. ;)

Lol yeah, the Survey site seems a bit out of date. Also, I looked at that, and all of them involve downloading games and other stuff. I'd rather not risk downloading and getting a virus, if you know what i'm saying. :thumbup1:

But anyway, thanks for the quick reply :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not doing this for me. When I get some extra cash, I'm planning to donate anyways. This is just to help MentaL perhaps get more donations and money to help ragezone. And if MentaL wanted to do this, I'm sure he could easily code it.

I doubt that he needs help getting donations. People donate regularly. I myself have only just registered, despite that - I've donated towards the forums, since I love spending my free time here.
If people want and have the money - they will donate. Trying to "lure" or "seduce" people into donating by giving them the oportunity to get a free trial to "test it out what it means by being a donator" - is missing the point entirely.

This is not a merchant, there are no goods - there are a small sum of money involved and a gesture of goodwill by doing so -- I've seen tons of forums which does not give anything for donating.

Being a donator, or a subscriper as it's called here - means just that, you're donating or subscribing to the forums. There are no trial subscribers or trial donators, because they haven't donated - they haven't subscribed.

I hope I got my point across without sounding like a penis - because that is not what I want. I just tell the truth as I see it.

Love to hear Mental's response on this thread though.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Lol yeah, the Survey site seems a bit out of date. Also, I looked at that, and all of them involve downloading games and other stuff. I'd rather not risk downloading and getting a virus, if you know what i'm saying. :thumbup1:

But anyway, thanks for the quick reply :)

1) Virustotal Scan.
2) MalwareBytes Pro File Protection.
3) Run In Sandboxie.

I haven't seen it, but I imagine you're just downloading, and not executing the files. You actually have to execute/run the file to be in any danger of spyware, crypted or not.

The only way you can get infected without executing a file is via a Java Drive By Applet; Which aren't on the point site, lool.

Reaction score
Stupid idea. The point in subscriptions is to have access to exclusive sections and SUPPORT RaGEZONE, something you aren't doing if you're getting something that is free. There plenty of subscriptions that are cheap, near enough all of them infact. You should try the WTF Overkill subscription I have, it's only £5.00 for a month.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Stupid idea. The point in subscriptions is to have access to exclusive sections and SUPPORT RaGEZONE, something you aren't doing if you're getting something that is free. There plenty of subscriptions that are cheap, near enough all of them infact. You should try the WTF Overkill subscription I have, it's only £5.00 for a month.

Basically what I said, but you put it so nicely that we can disregard my post.

I doubt that he needs help getting donations. People donate regularly. I myself have only just registered, despite that - I've donated towards the forums, since I love spending my free time here.
If people want and have the money - they will donate. Trying to "lure" or "seduce" people into donating by giving them the oportunity to get a free trial to "test it out what it means by being a donator" - is missing the point entirely.

This is not a merchant, there are no goods - there are a small sum of money involved and a gesture of goodwill by doing so -- I've seen tons of forums which does not give anything for donating.

Being a donator, or a subscriper as it's called here - means just that, you're donating or subscribing to the forums. There are no trial subscribers or trial donators, because they haven't donated - they haven't subscribed.

I hope I got my point across without sounding like a penis - because that is not what I want. I just tell the truth as I see it.

Love to hear Mental's response on this thread though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back