Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

User block

Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
We're currently investigating on this specific case. But let me say a few words about scamming:

I fail to see why we are to be laughed at? It's rather us laughing at people who trust randoms based on screenshots of their forum name honestly. I don't know how many times scammers were the topic here already. In every section where it is / has been a problem you see a sticky on the main section, warning people about possible scam. And then there is this thread on the front desk too: http://forum.ragezone.com/f71/warning-scamming-via-private-messages-1106622/

At some point the options we have against scammers are exhausted. We can't go and ban everyone out of a suspicion. We need proof provided by the victims. And even then it's theoretically not our business what people do outside of RZ. We step in the most cases nonetheless.

I would highly recommend to the people being scammed:

• Report the PM traffic with the scammer (yes you can report PMs)
    This is one of the best methods of reporting a scammer to us. We instantly see the PM and the user connected with it.​
  • Get in touch with the moderator of the section in question
    You see who that is if you scroll down all the way to the online user list under "Moderators of this Forum":
    sectio10.png

These people don't bite! PM them with your matter.​
  • Provide as much proof (screenshots) as you can

Last edited:
Reaction score
The messages are everywhere warning people about scammers. It was even mentioned 4 times in an older thread because of how common it's becoming. The staff have put as much out there as they can to notify members about scams and fake skype accounts. Scammers are bad but those who are gullible enough to send money over to a random person and expect what they paid for are also causing the issues. This shouldn't be a problem for staff to deal with since the transaction is between the two individuals but scammers are using ragezone as a base for their "business". I think the "victims" are just as bad as the scammers. These issues wouldn't happen as much as they do if people weren't so gullible.

As for the Godskin account, that's down to staff.

Staff member
Reaction score
it happened two times already

people are using godskin account and his reputation name to scam people here, i know selling is not allowed, but the scammers are laughing of ragezone staff that don't do nothing to prevent this from happening.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f451/alert-scammer-roniee-caballero-1135076/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f451/godskin-scammer-1138284/#post8822202

Judging from this there really isn't much that anyone can do if it's done outside of RZ or anything but yet scams will only occur if people fall for the bait and unfortunately that does happen so all I can assume is for those people to either take safer actions and follow the official sell/buy/trade area on RZ if that's not followed then it's a dead lead usually. As well the best they can do is gather a huge chunk of evidential information for the report then follow exactly what has been mentioned above.

I would highly recommend to the people being scammed:

• Report the PM traffic with the scammer (yes you can report PMs)
    This is one of the best methods of reporting a scammer to us. We instantly see the PM and the user connected with it.
  • Get in touch with the moderator of the section in question
    You see who that is if you scroll down all the way to the online user list under "Moderators of this Forum":

Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
Judging from this there really isn't much that anyone can do if it's done outside of RZ or anything but yet scams will only occur if people fall for the bait and unfortunately that does happen so all I can assume is for those people to either take safer actions and follow the official sell/buy/trade area on RZ if that's not followed then it's a dead lead usually. As well the best they can do is gather a huge chunk of evidential information for the report then follow exactly what has been mentioned above.

i'm 100% aware about the rules of ragezone, i just open the thread because user was reported already two times and nothing was done, since is not the godskin owner of account anymore, the hacker was using his reputation to scammer users.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for the report(s)! Just so you know, we've restricted godskin's account until the righteous owner is able to proof "it's him". The scammer might continue on other accounts though. In this case please inform the mods of the section so necessary actions can be taken.

Back