User block

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Would You Kindly? Bola is offline
    DeveloperRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    1,500Posts

    User block


    RaGEZONE Recommends

    RaGEZONE Recommends

    it happened two times already

    people are using godskin account and his reputation name to scam people here, i know selling is not allowed, but the scammers are laughing of ragezone staff that don't do nothing to prevent this from happening.

    Alert Scammer : Roniee Caballero
    Godskin scammer


  2. #2
    User block Future is online now
    SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,837Posts

    Re: User block

    We're currently investigating on this specific case. But let me say a few words about scamming:

    I fail to see why we are to be laughed at? It's rather us laughing at people who trust randoms based on screenshots of their forum name honestly. I don't know how many times scammers were the topic here already. In every section where it is / has been a problem you see a sticky on the main section, warning people about possible scam. And then there is this thread on the front desk too: Warning: Scamming via private messages.

    At some point the options we have against scammers are exhausted. We can't go and ban everyone out of a suspicion. We need proof provided by the victims. And even then it's theoretically not our business what people do outside of RZ. We step in the most cases nonetheless.

    I would highly recommend to the people being scammed:

    • Report the PM traffic with the scammer (yes you can report PMs)
      This is one of the best methods of reporting a scammer to us. We instantly see the PM and the user connected with it.
    • Get in touch with the moderator of the section in question
      You see who that is if you scroll down all the way to the online user list under "Moderators of this Forum":

      These people don't bite! PM them with your matter.
    • Provide as much proof (screenshots) as you can
    Last edited by Future; 16-09-17 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Added last advice




    Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

  3. #3
    #ProjectCalypsorot Unphased is offline
    SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    01942Location
    1,358Posts

    Re: User block

    The messages are everywhere warning people about scammers. It was even mentioned 4 times in an older thread because of how common it's becoming. The staff have put as much out there as they can to notify members about scams and fake skype accounts. Scammers are bad but those who are gullible enough to send money over to a random person and expect what they paid for are also causing the issues. This shouldn't be a problem for staff to deal with since the transaction is between the two individuals but scammers are using ragezone as a base for their "business". I think the "victims" are just as bad as the scammers. These issues wouldn't happen as much as they do if people weren't so gullible.

    As for the Godskin account, that's down to staff.

    The world's gone mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Unphased Is an extremely banter worthy person to have a mass conversation with on utter shit.


  4. #4
    Monstrous Bradley is online now
    Gold SubscriberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    494Posts

    Re: User block

    Quote Originally Posted by Bola View Post
    it happened two times already

    people are using godskin account and his reputation name to scam people here, i know selling is not allowed, but the scammers are laughing of ragezone staff that don't do nothing to prevent this from happening.

    Alert Scammer : Roniee Caballero
    Godskin scammer
    Judging from this there really isn't much that anyone can do if it's done outside of RZ or anything but yet scams will only occur if people fall for the bait and unfortunately that does happen so all I can assume is for those people to either take safer actions and follow the official sell/buy/trade area on RZ if that's not followed then it's a dead lead usually. As well the best they can do is gather a huge chunk of evidential information for the report then follow exactly what has been mentioned above.

    I would highly recommend to the people being scammed:


    • Report the PM traffic with the scammer (yes you can report PMs)
      This is one of the best methods of reporting a scammer to us. We instantly see the PM and the user connected with it.
    • Get in touch with the moderator of the section in question
      You see who that is if you scroll down all the way to the online user list under "Moderators of this Forum":
    The pressure of human nature does not equal the presence of human persistence.

  5. #5
    Would You Kindly? Bola is offline
    DeveloperRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    1,500Posts

    Re: User block

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Judging from this there really isn't much that anyone can do if it's done outside of RZ or anything but yet scams will only occur if people fall for the bait and unfortunately that does happen so all I can assume is for those people to either take safer actions and follow the official sell/buy/trade area on RZ if that's not followed then it's a dead lead usually. As well the best they can do is gather a huge chunk of evidential information for the report then follow exactly what has been mentioned above.
    i'm 100% aware about the rules of ragezone, i just open the thread because user was reported already two times and nothing was done, since is not the godskin owner of account anymore, the hacker was using his reputation to scammer users.

  6. #6
    User block Future is online now
    SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,837Posts

    Re: User block

    Thanks for the report(s)! Just so you know, we've restricted godskin's account until the righteous owner is able to proof "it's him". The scammer might continue on other accounts though. In this case please inform the mods of the section so necessary actions can be taken.




    Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...




Advertisement