Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

User Images for Subscribers+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi,

A neat little feature from some other forums is a user image. Basically, people can make an image of their username, and send it to an administrator to have it approved (maybe make a thread in subscribers section to post them in). Then on the postbit, just make an if condition for if "/images/usernames/$userid.png" exists, then show that, if not, show their normal username.

Just another cool little perk that could be added for fun.

Examples from other forums:

12yw6.png

zyo1V.png

The image would have to be smaller than a certain dimension, and the color needs to be the same as the persons default user group color.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It would take up too much space in the profile area when posting, also if it was a certain size, you might not be able to see their username as it would be crammed in with other stuff like links, and poop

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That would look awful in some aspects, if you ask me.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Poor Idea,
It looks terrible in sythe also.

The only thing I would call for is custom bg images from a select line such as the butterflies or sparkles.

Rogu3
Reaction score
I don't like the huge userimages, but I've seen some vB forums that have small bars that go between the username and avatar that say the type of Subscription or for Forum Staff;

Example:
admin.png

I don't know if that's what he was implying, but something of this sort would be pretty cool.

(OT @MentaL: Sorry about the last thread I suggested, I suppose it's a bit immature :p I just like the movie I think >_<.)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Instead of rank images that will take up space in the postbit and increase the size, you can add conditions to have a Postbit Background, which binds to the upper left corner of the postbit (Where you name is listed).

This way it will still give you a nice touch - but it won't look as ugly with the extended height of the postbit.

You have to make individual "userinfo"'s for each group - which is a hassle, but the results are rewarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back