Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Website Design section on portfolio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just saw that the main portfolio section is overflooding with website designs, asking for comments and criticism.
I think the section would be cleaner, and the posters would see it easier to comment and get comments, since the section would be cleaner (I think).
That would leave the main section for more rare things, which get to the end of the page in one day, sometimes, because of the website designs.
Could you add a section like the Signatures one for the Website designs in portfolio?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
+1 this. It would be alot easier for me to moderate the sections too imo. Nice idea :D

Reaction score
Another good idea. A lot of the current categories have potential to be expanded tbh.

hmm I think enforcing the use of tags would be better, just to save space in the db, like [WEBDESIGN]
It would take up the same amount of space. All that would change is a column that says which category its in. Even if you have over 1000 categories MySQL is quick to sort through them all and pull the right info.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have brought this thread to exys attention, so hopefully something will come out of it soon :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
a great ideea :D

Learning C# - Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
+1 This. It would make it better for all game sections.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
+1 This. It would make it better for all game sections.

... even though the portfolio is evolution, and not to do with any particular game? Yeah sure mate, it will.

If you go there , there should be a wallpaper section too?

What may be better is an extra section, and tagging for anything else. Eg, drawings, backgrounds, photography. Imo wallpapers have only come about after a particular user has been experimenting with them. Otherwise there wouldnt be many background threads.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Webdesign is by far more popular then wallpapers. Most of the wallpapers are easily done so there wont be a new subsection for it. Webdesign on the other hand..

I support this. Since I'm a webdesigner as well. :p

Learning C# - Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
... even though the portfolio is evolution, and not to do with any particular game? Yeah sure mate, it will.

What may be better is an extra section, and tagging for anything else. Eg, drawings, backgrounds, photography. Imo wallpapers have only come about after a particular user has been experimenting with them. Otherwise there wouldnt be many background threads.

It would though. so designers can ask if its good enough to the whole community not just the section people.

GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If only those.. things.. could be called webdesigns.

That's quite the point of this, making it easier to help people improving. It'd be good, everyone could learn and get better.

Reaction score
Added it for you guys :)

It would though. so designers can ask if its good enough to the whole community not just the section people.

I also removed the advert from your signature, they are not allowed. I f you want to advertise, pay or do it in the right section, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back