Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

World of Warcraft section restructure

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been watching the World of Warcraft section for the past few years and can notably say it's mostly dead, with a repack release here or there. I used to post and help out in that particular forum many years ago but life pulled me away from emulation.

I'm starting to get back into it and have been researching the current state of emulation and how things are going. That being said, I have a proposal for RZ to kind of help me get things back on track and up to date.

I'd like to start releasing content, but the way things are currently setup and disorganized, I'd be better off using the main section for all my information.

Currently, the World of Warcraft forums appear in this regard:

World of Warcraft
--WoW Mangos
----Development
----Releases
----Tutorials
----Help

--WoW Arcemu
----Development
----Releases
----Tutorials

--WoW Ascent
----Development
----Releases
----Tutorials

Ascent is dead and has been for a very long time. Arcemu is also deprecated, as it has been replaced with AscEmu.

Would it perhaps be an interest to move all the current forums into an "archive forum," leaving their integrity for anyone who wishes to review them or even possibly still post on them?

Other than a repack (I personally am biases towards repacks and would rather compile and give guides on how to use clean sources), the last post in the ascent forum was from 16-09-14. 3 years ago.

Most of the main sub-forum posts involve recruitment for dead projects or help topics, so I suggest prohibit all posts from the actual subforum (i.e. World of Warcraft/Mangos) except for pinned topics by mods/admins. Is it possible to use that as a centralized location for pinned topics from all the sub-forums in that category?

My proposed structure would be something like:

World of Warcraft
--Mangos
----Development
----Releases
----Guides
----Help
----Project Recruitment
--CMangos
----Development
----Releases
----Guides
----Help
----Project Recruitment
--TrinityCore
----Development
----Releases
----Guides
----Help
----Project Recruitment

Those are the three main and continuously developed cores, perhaps add a fourth section for cores that aren't up to date or constantly worked on, such as Elysium or other forks?

--Other Cores
----Development
----Releases
----Guides
----Help
----Project Recruitment

Is it possible to require tags for that forum (or all of them for that matter)? Such as posting in the other cores forum under releases: [Elysium][1.12.1] Compiled sources (7/27/2017)

I'd be more than happy to assist in all of this and further explain anything. I just hate to see the WoW section dead because emulation is still going strong, albeit slow in regards to current content.

Reaction score
That's well said Ron. I don't think it would be a good idea to start changing the wow section at this point. It's dead and mostly has always been because there is infact more popularity else where.

Back