Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

World of Warcraft subforum for Trinity

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yea... I noticed this a while ago. I'm not aware of anybody using Arcemu any more. Ascent is only a fork from MANGOS anyway (okay, the AI scripting ans stuff is completely different and the two have grown in different directions, but still) and Trinity is one of the major, major, major emulators for WoW.

Now... IDK what the WoW staff think, but my conclusion was that the WoW section in general isn't getting enough posts to warrant another section. I mean, MANGOS development is still pretty hot, and I know Ascent and Trinity are constantly evolving too, but I guess people just aren't coming to RZ to get their WoW pServer fix.

In some ways, that's probably our fault. There must be something we are doing wrong if development is busy and we aren't. On the other hand, it could be that what we aren't doing that many other places are is devoting the entire website to just one WoW Server Emulator... or just WoW emulators. Now, as much as we'd love to have more activity in the WoW section, the truth is that we simply are not ever going to dump everything else that we do and devote ourselves to that alone.

So my question to you, Wloczykij and cypher and any other frequenters of the WoW section here at RZ is, do you think there are enough RaGEZONE WoW-heads to populate such a section with good stuff and validate it's creation?

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
Well it all depends on the amount of activity here at ragezone. commandcom: if you can get people to start talking, developing and releasing trinity core based stuff I will forward this to my superiors.

I can't really take any action without seeing some solid stuff. I need activity. Try to get two, three active threads about trinity and that should be enough for me.

cypher.

Reaction score
lol i got 3 mod to talk about allready :D
its not like i(just only me) need this section... just it would be kinda nice to stay in one forum and do teh things there
most wow server based stuff i have learned @ other forums.....
im pretty sure theres alot ppl who do like this idea

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yea, and that's fine, but many people produce far more work (releases, information, guides, tools etc. etc.) for their MMO in the MMO-Other section than I see of Trinity in the WoW sections.

I'm not sure why there's a Trinity release under MaNGOS and not just in WoW, but whatever. Sections are created because there is too much content getting mixed up together rather than because people think someone else may release stuff if there was a section for it.

I assure you, it's not hard for us to move all your Trinity releases into a new section when there's too much of it mixed in with MaNGOS / General WoW releases.

If people want Trinity Core stuff here, they should post Trinity Core stuff here now! Not wait until there is a section for it. When there is content, a section will be made. That's how it works.

ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well it all depends on the amount of activity here at ragezone. commandcom: if you can get people to start talking, developing and releasing trinity core based stuff I will forward this to my superiors.

I can't really take any action without seeing some solid stuff. I need activity. Try to get two, three active threads about trinity and that should be enough for me.

cypher.

I agree, because looking at other sections in WoW, they don't seem that active anymore... It'd be nice to get some conversation going, releases being contributed, and developments being worked on, but you simply cannot if the game is dying down and people lose interest. It could also be the mere fact that other forums hold better resources, which I hope isn't the answer. In other words, activity is key.

If people want Trinity Core stuff here, they should post Trinity Core stuff here now! Not wait until there is a section for it. When there is content, a section will be made. That's how it works.

I agree, wholeheartedly. Make a demand for this, that way we can see it, and take action. It's been seen time and time again, that we make a section, it becomes active for say 2-3 weeks, and then dies down. I understand you can't judge everything on past results, but when it happens so commonly you've no decision besides to just think that it'd follow suit.

Aaron

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
but you simply cannot if the game is dying down and people lose interest.
As I say, while WoW certainly isn't the ultimate "ruler of the universe" it once was, development of server emulators is still strong, and I certainly saw a resurgence of interest between the release of Cata and the re-release of the old maps as a free-to-play game.

Many people aren't happy with the radical overhaul Cataclysm introduced, and I've always felt it should have been WoW II, allowing people to play the old WoW, or the new, or subscribe to both the way the Everquest games have always done. I presume that's why Blizz re-introduced the old game as a kind of free-trial to WoW. But it's still not the full game that TLK was... and all of the low level stuff (1 - 50 ish) was pretty much destroyed even by TLK... which was why they did away with most of it in Cata.

The fact is, a lot of people miss WoW as it was, and popularity among players makes successful pServers which fuels emulator development.

Sad to say... but that development doesn't seem to happen here.

I don't work the WoW sections, so I don't want to disrespect my colleagues who do. I have no knowledge of what they may do to try to inspire developers and make them welcome among us. I'm sure they do their best.

As I say above, I fear that what other development sites do that we do not is run an entire site devoted entirely to WoW servers and often only one server type. (this is what I have seen) RZ isn't ever going to be that kind of site. We'd rather not have a WoW section at all than dump every other MMO. (sorry, but honestly, we would) So if that's what developers are looking for, then we will not be able to "match" these forums. :(:

OTOH, one of the things I find particularly inspiring at RaGEZONE is the fact that developers who primarily work with one game will occasionally visit other sections, find something interesting or take a holiday from their usual developments and spread ideas pioneered for one MMO to another. They will know developers in different sections who have faced similar problems in a different game and ask them to participate on the same thing in theirs and so on. Again, this is why we would never devote RZ to just one game, and why more WoW pServer developers should come and share their developments with us and see what we can offer them. :thumbup1:

A radical change in a section as quiet as the WoW one would take time. But it would also happen quite instinctively if a group decided to make RZ their regular "swap-meet" location.

All of which is not something staff can just "do". It has to come from outside. All we can do is to make the place as attractive as possible. Sadly, I agree with MentaLs' usual policy that an empty Trinity section would be less inviting than the odd Trinity release or comment in a general section. So, again, I say, post the content and the section will follow. Do not delay. :wink:

Back