Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Wtf rules

Reaction score
Team recruitment

9. You must provide server specifications and where your server is located. We are allowing this for dedicated server owners only. If you are wanting to host a server from your PC, you're out of luck.

what is the purpose of this rule? So if we don't first purchase a dedicated server we cannot search for someone to sponsor?, I generally like to buy accordingly to what I'm sponsoring not just buying things willy nilly

You need to specify a single game you're wanting to host. No threads like "I have a server, someone host whatever game they want" will be allowed.

This rule also is annoying what is the purpose of this? If we don't have the game listed people still post will you sponsor blah blah, what if we don't know what we're interested in sponsoring?, also its hard to find someone decent who's dedicated and that someone who I'm looking for might not be interested because I haven't listed his game.

Just my 2cents

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
it is a dumb rule. people can just lie about this anyway, i can say my server is located in the arctic and using an IP region spoofer (or something along the lines of that, i don't really know how the internet works :wink:). no point in it.

Reaction score
At the time, people were making half-assed threads simply saying "I want to host a server for someone, best post gets to run their game". Half the threads were purely this, which is why the rule was made. It can probably be revised now, because people finally learned to create structured posts for people to read about their server/network. Like I said, the 2-3 sentence posts were the problem.

The "where your server is located" part is to help people reading your thread. People reading sponsoring threads like to know where the sponsor's server is located beforehand. I wouldn't want to run a game server with a US oriented population that was hosted in Russia, for instance. Its not like threads are deleted just because your server is in Russia or anything. Posts are made there to be informative.

"If you are wanting to host a server from your PC, you're out of luck" also mainly applies to the half-assed threads who want to offer a home-tier PC and home-tier network speeds. Again, it can probably be revised now, but allowing people to post threads offering a non-24/7 PC with an intel celeron processor and 2GB of ram as a game server just created a lot of trash at the time.

Reaction score
At the time, people were making half-assed threads simply saying "I want to host a server for someone, best post gets to run their game". Half the threads were purely this, which is why the rule was made. It can probably be revised now, because people finally learned to create structured posts for people to read about their server/network. Like I said, the 2-3 sentence posts were the problem.
Who even cares? They're offering a sponsorship why do they need to make a full detailed thread? It's already difficult enough to find someone worth sponsoring who isn't going to waste your money.. It's still to me a pointless rule what does it matter?

The "where your server is located" part is to help people reading your thread. People reading sponsoring threads like to know where the sponsor's server is located beforehand. I wouldn't want to run a game server with a US oriented population that was hosted in Russia, for instance. Its not like threads are deleted just because your server is in Russia or anything. Posts are made there to be informative.
Which is answered by my response.. I'm not going to know this information until I purchase the server AND also speak to the person I'm sponsoring, If we give opportunity to sponsor someone shouldn't they know we're capable of buying a server so therefore they should request were they want this?

"If you are wanting to host a server from your PC, you're out of luck" also mainly applies to the half-assed threads who want to offer a home-tier PC and home-tier network speeds. Again, it can probably be revised now, but allowing people to post threads offering a non-24/7 PC with an intel celeron processor and 2GB of ram as a game server just created a lot of trash at the time.
I've barely seen any of these threads, and once again.. whats the point? who even cares what they host with.. its not like ragezone itself will be effected, Also what if there pc meets the requirements if someone is interest they'll let them know.

It's all a load of poop (I know I'm being an butt) but it just seems so anal so many boundaries for something that's so minor.

I mean the person making the thread should know them self to make a nice kiss butt fancy thread. but, why can't we have those who like to "keep it simple stupid".

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
9. You must provide server specifications and where your server is located. We are allowing this for dedicated server owners only. If you are wanting to host a server from your PC, you're out of luck.
This rule should only apply if the person recruiting has a server that is publicly/privately available. Not to those who wants to sponsor, cause seriously buying a dedicated server first before recruiting is just a waste of time/money while recruitment is on-going. What are you going to do with the purchased dedi machine if no one has applied for a position?

Reaction score
Who even cares? They're offering a sponsorship why do they need to make a full detailed thread? It's already difficult enough to find someone worth sponsoring who isn't going to waste your money.. It's still to me a pointless rule what does it matter?

If you don't want to waste money, don't you agree its probably worth the time investment to create a professional looking post to attract the more serious and mature server administrators? They go hand in hand... Half butt your thread, you'll get 14 year olds applying to run a server for you when they don't even know the difference between MySQL and MSSQL.

Which is answered by my response.. I'm not going to know this information until I purchase the server AND also speak to the person I'm sponsoring, If we give opportunity to sponsor someone shouldn't they know we're capable of buying a server so therefore they should request were they want this?

Offer the specs of the server you're expecting to purchase, along with hosting location options. It doesn't say you have to have a server ready before making a thread, just that you need to be offering a dedicated server and not a home computer.

I've barely seen any of these threads, and once again.. whats the point? who even cares what they host with.. its not like ragezone itself will be effected, Also what if there pc meets the requirements if someone is interest they'll let them know.

It's all a load of poop (I know I'm being an butt) but it just seems so anal so many boundaries for something that's so minor.

I mean the person making the thread should know them self to make a nice kiss butt fancy thread. but, why can't we have those who like to "keep it simple stupid".

You haven't seen any of those threads because there are rules in place to keep those threads from being posted lol. Like I said, when I started modding that section there were simply too many threads offering server hosting on their home PC, then the OP would reply 2 weeks later saying he no longer wants to host a server because the project died, or he wasn't up to it anymore. They're pointless threads.

Keep it simple and stupid if you want. You'll just get simple and stupid server administrators running servers for you. :p

This rule should only apply if the person recruiting has a server that is publicly/privately available. Not to those who wants to sponsor, cause seriously buying a dedicated server first before recruiting is just a waste of time/money while recruitment is on-going. What are you going to do with the purchased dedi machine if no one has applied for a position?
Maybe list the expected specs of the server you're willing to offer? The wording can probably be changed, but the rule was meant to stop threads offering hosting from personal computers. Those servers die within a couple weeks anyway. Just list your planned specs on what you're buying, problem solved. Think outside the box? :p

Anyways, was just answering your questions. You should probably PM a mod of that section to look at the rules and revise them again if they feel its needed.

Reaction score
Ok another rule that I thinks a load of poop is the rip threads being moved out of the outerworld like wtf death is a tragic things people need the sympathy they want there friends and family to be remembered they want the sympathy and they deserve it and it shouldn't be classed as spam since its Ducking real they are never coming back. I think this rule needs to be relooked at, seems like mods are looking for ways to get there stats up.

Back