Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

xenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not that this will be put into consideration, but you guys should really switch to it. You have the perfect Forum setup for it... and vB sucks!

I have used xenForo, very nice and slick.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
No. The theme and everything works perfect as it is; everyone is comfortable with vB. It doesn't suck, you just have to get used to it. It's actually much nicer than you think.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I dont think xenforo would be powerful enough for a forum like this... And also, it would probably drive people away...

er.... not powerful enough? k bud.

This suggestion has been posted time and time over the years and there was consideration of switching but was never done.

I personally hate Xenforo and everypart of Xenforo, so I think vBulletin will suffice.

Reaction score
er.... not powerful enough? k bud.

This suggestion has been posted time and time over the years and there was consideration of switching but was never done.

I personally hate Xenforo and everypart of Xenforo, so I think vBulletin will suffice.

Ermm.. How can i put it.. Vbulletin Has a bigger Penis than Xenforo... If you look at the typical xenforo forum, it looks weak, and its not the type of image that would suite ragezone, mkayy bud? :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Stupid thing to argue over. XenForo could easily support RaGEZoNE's user-base, as well as the unique traffic. It's not.. "less of a man" than vBulletin is, it's just the comfort that Lethal has with vBulletin, and all of the users. It's not a bad idea to switch, it's just a useless idea. Why try to fix something, when it isn't broken?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I like most XenForo skins and the jQuery they use, but XenForo has errors & is not good for slow connections.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
XenForo isn't as comfortable and settling as vB, which is why I hate devbest.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
xenForo? what is that? can be eaten? lol.

If MentaL's answer to vBulletin 5 is no, his answer will instant ban to this thread, rofl

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well , Xenforo cannot handle too much and it will take so long to refresh the pages

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1. XenForo Future.
Xenforo is still on rocky grounds and the company is struggling atm due legal issues. Xenforo is a non stable company atm and to pay for such a software would be unadvisable and a cost to the community if the company is shut down. Something that is still a possibility.

2. XenForo A Step Back.
The current software provided by Xenforo would be a technical back step and the features provided ether a resource killer or just not needed and many of key selling points fail to make the software valid. With this also said the Xenforo would cause issues to many members with its coding being very heavy.

3. Not The Best Alternative.
Why no one wants to admit big companies make better products the fact remains that a company that can place 10000s of man hours into a piece of software will normally out weigh one that can only put in 100. Currently the only viable alternative to vB would be IPB [IPS].

4. Features + Support
No matter how any one tries to hurt vB no one can argue the fact the amount of features and support offered by vB is second to none.

5. Mods + Addons
Again vB Is the leader for mods and addons created by the vB community. Any thing you want on your site is either already built and working for you to use or there base structure is there for you to expand on. The great thing is most of these apps are free.

Overall,
IPB is the only alternative to vB that could be classed as viable. A move to Xenforo would be unwise and could possible cause issues to the community at a later date.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I poop myself everytime I see/hear the word XenForo. I just really hate it, I've left every forum that uses XenForo. It just looks horrible. The forum is fine as it is, I don't see the problem.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you would even suggest Xenforo... IPB would be a way better match if ragezone did have a forum switch.

Xenforo lacks plugins and user control, and is a witch to get it the way you want.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Dan is going to deny using XenForo, if you see what Sir.kidd explained then you most recently would understand why Dan don't want to use XenFORO at all, anyway I'm pretty sure that he dislikes XenForo big time and therefore he rather thinks that Xenforo is suckish and vBulletin is not which i highly agree on.

vBulletin is the best and it will always be the best you can't change a forum because vBulletin was first running on PhBB and MyBB obviously around 2002/2003 and maybe even further but the point is the forum will never change his base so if you don't like it why not leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back