Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

xenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not that this will be put into consideration, but you guys should really switch to it. You have the perfect Forum setup for it... and vB sucks!

I have used xenForo, very nice and slick.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just don't think what so ever that Dan's going to upgrade.

I'm pretty sure that everyone likes vBulletin the most and that it barely have problems and that people don't even expect problems within vBulletin and that people are glad that RageZONE is running on vBulletin so i just think that RageZONE should stay at vBulletin and that it should never change.

Anyway I'm pretty sure that dan is just going to agree and also because Xenforo currently have a lot of problems and that they just mess it up for the Xenforo users for if they are going down then they take all the licensed users with them which vBulletin doesn't have.

The real deal.
Reaction score
Half the people posting about how bad xenForo is have probably never even use it (their own forum). You're just copying what the first person said. MiniMental / SirKidd is the only person to post a valid point.

I have used xenForo myself, yes there are problems and it doesn't even compare to vB but for my first forum it was a very good forum software for me; ease of use and setup.
But RaGEZONE / Dan knows what he is doing, and vB has more plugins / more advanced, so I doubt he'd change.

Delta
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i bought a license but it lacks current features and has not been what i expected but who knows, 2013 is a new year.
Having worked with Xenforo for a while, even with my Celino (game) community. I would highly advice you to, for the time being, stay away from Xenforo. It's very unorganized compared to vBulletin (having a license myself of both vBulletin and Xenforo) and the under whelming lack of community certainly shows that.

Developing plugins for Xenforo, itself, is a lot easier then vBulletin in my opinion since it runs directly on the ZendFrame work. You can work within Zend on Xen while seeing your results real time. But the undertaking to create the things you need (as you may already have in vBulletin) is extremely tedious.

Just my 2 cents :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well I'll just get used to RageZONE even if it changes but i won't really like it because I'm more liking vBulletin these days due it having the best features every forum can possibly have.

Somehow i have to get used to the changes that Dan is going to make and so goes on for the software he is going to use but for now i can only hope that it isn't going to be Xenforo and that he's just going to keep on running to vBulletin.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't think RageZone needs to move to another software... Sure, I don't like vBulletin either, but apparently most users are fine with it. The only change I'd suggest would be to implement a new theme/style/whatever, although I know that's already been brought up in another thread.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In one word RageZONE will never change to Xenforo because it just lacks many things that vBulletin does have...

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9070 met Tapatalk

Reaction score
Personally I prefer IPB, It has more of a community feel to it (in technical ways) but I also feel VB can be good, but not as good as IPB. XenForo sucks lmao really worthless even thinking of changing to it. Best way to go was IPB, if Mental was thinking of changing.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
IP Board has a terrible design imo, check out some live demos/forums using it. Use the search terms in Google "Powered by IP Board".
Thinking about it, I'd actually rather have XenForo than IPB.
IPB just looks cheap, basic, and off-putting.
We all have opinions, that's mine. :p:

Reaction score
IP Board has a terrible design imo, check out some live demos/forums using it. Use the search terms in Google "Powered by IP Board".
Thinking about it, I'd actually rather have XenForo than IPB.
IPB just looks cheap, basic, and off-putting.
We all have opinions, that's mine. :p:

Thats why you buy a skin for it...

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Thats why you buy a skin for it...

Congrats, Einstein. I'm overly aware of that, which is why I've viewed the skins.
It's not just the design, either. Many things about it would put a user off.
End of convo, I'm no longer going to communicate with one over such a terrible software.
Note the 'This is my opinion'.

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I remember a while back that it was going to be changed from vBulletin to xenForo after the "thing" was expired...
but I guess it didn't, I don't mind this at all, and it is hard for many users to adjust to new forum boards

Reaction score
Congrats, Einstein. I'm overly aware of that, which is why I've viewed the skins.
It's not just the design, either. Many things about it would put a user off.
End of convo, I'm no longer going to communicate with one over such a terrible software.
Note the 'This is my opinion'.

Thats why IPB is known for great User-friendliness... I don't know where you are looking at the skins but the IPB skins are way better, in looks than that of VB.

Such as:

Great skins, look amazing...

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Thats why IPB is known for great User-friendliness... I don't know where you are looking at the skins but the IPB skins are way better, in looks than that of VB.

Such as:

Great skins, look amazing...

This is the only one I can consider decent in my eyes, and it does have some similarities to the theme used at DevBest in XenForo, but at a minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back