Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Lets Make 2012 TO private server together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello gamers,i played official TO for about 2 years and it become boring cuz idk what to do in there,so i was wondering why shouldnt i play private server...then i did, i played almost every private server (few left to try) :): now when i saw all types of game im thinking to make my own TO server,that im going to use on my laptop (not global untill i buy hardcore PC). I saw alot of postes "How to Make/Create talisman online private server, but non of them are complete (all files are old and cant be downloaded (like files on filefront or megaupload) so if anyone have server files on any sugestion/tutorial where i can try make server ill be thankful.

#So far i instaled Virtual Box+Ubuntu 12 (but i dont like ubuntu 12 so if anyone know where to download older version pls post)
I need server files links (or if they can be taken from private servers i downloaded "Pinoy TO","Tales of Talisman","Talisman of World" pls tell me how...)

I just need help to start TO server runing as alot new ppl here...so if anyone who is runing private talisman server for long time can help ill be thankful..(Remember i dont want to make Global private server because my laptop cant hold it :D

sorry for bad english i hope you understand what i want to say soooo lets start!!!!

1.Okay for begining here is some of the links for virtual boxes.Its up to you which you gonna use...

VMWare:
Oracle Virtual Box:

2.Here is newest Ubuntu version (but pls if you can find older version post!)

Ubuntu 12:
wooohoo i found older version 9.10 !! im downloading atm so ill see if it work :wink:
Ubuntu 9.10:

3. Okay as i can see in these posts ill have to install MYSQL.Hm there is post about how to do that and it work in terminal here are the codes we have to type:

sudo apt-get install mysql-server
mysql -u root -p
create user 'navicat'@'%' identified by 'password';
grant all on *.* to 'navicat'@'%' identified by 'password';
flush privileges;
exit;
gedit sudo /etc/mysql/my.cnf
Now scroll down to where you see bind-address and put a "#" in the very front of this line. It should read:

#bind-address = 127.0.0.1
save (left control+s) and quit (left control+q)
sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart

im still downloading ubuntu so ill check this out later.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
:D Just a simple TIP by me dont use VMWare :) or VirtualBox both of them :
1. They SUCK
2. for more weeker PC they are not very good programs, they use too much CPU and RAM.
3. making connections Bridge and NAT is more complicated.

Use VMPlayer light program have the things u need for hosting a server and all adapters work on 110%.
1. It uses very low CPU and RAM.
2. Easy to use.
3. Easy to load.

TIP 2:
9.10 version is very old and most of the users may have problems after 1 week if they can install it cuz ubuntu isnt making updates for 9.10

You can use 10.10 or 12.10 the only thing that is changed is the design that u need they are many changes but u dont need them :) u need only 3 programs from the V-mashine.

PS: Yeah im not pro devoloper like the rest of the big mouth guys in this forum but im searching for someone to work with. Not addicted to game just to work on it as a hobby. so write me a PM.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm opening a new talisman online private server. I have my own developer and his now setting up all configurations from the server side as well as from the client side. I'm looking for a partner, if your interested just let me know.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
:D Just a simple TIP by me dont use VMWare :) or VirtualBox both of them :
1. They SUCK
2. for more weeker PC they are not very good programs, they use too much CPU and RAM.
3. making connections Bridge and NAT is more complicated.

Use VMPlayer light program have the things u need for hosting a server and all adapters work on 110%.
1. It uses very low CPU and RAM.
2. Easy to use.
3. Easy to load.

TIP 2:
9.10 version is very old and most of the users may have problems after 1 week if they can install it cuz ubuntu isnt making updates for 9.10

You can use 10.10 or 12.10 the only thing that is changed is the design that u need they are many changes but u dont need them :) u need only 3 programs from the V-mashine.

PS: Yeah im not pro devoloper like the rest of the big mouth guys in this forum but im searching for someone to work with. Not addicted to game just to work on it as a hobby. so write me a PM.

vmplayer and vmware are the same thing dude... hahahah made me laugh hardcore
and virtualbox isnt worth the use for server hosting at all
and network setup isnt hard at all.. ur complicating everything for people...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MHO... The best thing to do to run a server is... Get a seperate computer. Simple as that. If you are serious about making a server that is. It's a lot easier to setup and there won't be any problems later on. I ran my first server in a VM for about 2-3 months and all it did was give me problems. Plus when you setup the website (to register, add t-points, and download your client) there won't be any lag. It does not have to be a super machine either. Just make sure it's something that you can upgrade. If you install Ubuntu it's pretty easy to migrate. If you install Windows and a VM it gets a lot harder... Ok, now for the EMO's...

:elefant: Kick it!!! :star: :adore: :marchmellow:
:shot: :eviltongue: :tomato: :coffee: :rock:
:alberteinstein:
:canabis: :proud: :stoned: :deal: :idea: :burnout:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back