Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion]Old Servers Success?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I want to start a project and I need some opinions and of course I need a crew. I want to make a very.. very hard private server. Why so? all the servers around are mid rates / high rates and you can make +7 in like.. max 3 days.
Would it be awesome to have an old style server like WoW (weapons of war) with downgrade when you fail and no gems at all in shop? Not having any t-points from start and win t-points in events?
Having those cool lottos and you never know how lucky you are? Remember when all of you wanted a blue flame horse or whatever and farm several days to get one.
Just put here some opinions if you have AND if you have negative answers post them but just don't say it's a stupid ideea.

I also want to recruit GM so just post if you wanna help and how you want to help.

The server rates:
-2x EXP Rate ( and on weekends 3x )
-2x Energy Rate ( and on weekends 3x )
-2x Blue Item drop rate ( 3x on weekends )
-1.5x Golden item drop rate ( 2.5x on weekends )

NO new sets / NO new textures / Max level 70 / Max pet level 20 / NO Custom quests

It may sound bad but hey it's a hard server :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know? If I wanted to play a server like the I would (and do) play the offical Talisman. I guees it would depend on what you have thats new. I know we can't get the new maps or anything. So, it would seem pretty pointless...

:marchmellow::elefant:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know? If I wanted to play a server like the I would (and do) play the offical Talisman. I guees it would depend on what you have thats new. I know we can't get the new maps or anything. So, it would seem pretty pointless...

:marchmellow::elefant:
True but the official changed alot and mallers rule the game. And they won't offer t-points in events so often or they won't offer at all. I know that most if they want to play a hard server they will play the official TO but there are alot of different things I said like my server won't be TO it will be like WoW (Weapons of War) and I know you can play Weapons of War but that game is hosted in PH and I have there 400ms which sucks.. and alot of more reasons why I want to start this project. :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good lucky, but I think this would only work if you had the new files!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi addablo,

I'm actually opening up a classic style Weapons of War Private Server. My developer is almost done reverting all edits to default. All bugs are fix etc... I could have open the server last 1st week of december but I only had a little bit of know how interms of linux so I am relying with my partner (developer) to complete the game..

I'm also looking for a partner/GM. If your interested just let me know.. send me an email to: admin@technostrike.com

Check out our FB Page:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Addablo,

I'm actually opening up a classic weapons of War Private Server. I'm also looking for a Partner.. If your interested, just let me know and I'll give you the details and when will my server opens.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Pointless ... Just Pointless you dont have anything new to offer to players and Weapons of War ;D they have many new things for players that will be the difference

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@suncho.. Its pointless if you are only aiming for old players... I have already 100+ new players who haven't played this game before who are all waiting for my server to open up.. This means, all in the game are new to them, correct? with this said, I can indeed offer new things ^_^... What's my strategy? won't tell.. How will I make this work for a long time? won't tell either... It's not just how many new things you can offer for a game to survive, It's how you market the game and have fun.. If its pointless for you then its pointless.. But not for me as I'm an internet marketer.. Marketing is what I do best.. Anyhow, thanks for your input.. If you fail running this game, then keep it for yourself.. we don't need it.. Don't compare everyone like yourself as we are different.. ^_^

PS. if you however successfully run this game for a long time previously then good for you...

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
:D i know way more stuff than you my friend and i can tell you that your server will survive for no more than 2-3 months then you will have max 10-20-30 players online from which few donators and you must pay bils for electricity and internet ( WHY : cuz for 24/7 server u have more consumption and you need a fast internet for players who arent in your country cuz they will have 100-200-300 ms and its pain in the butt to play like this. ) And iff you have some good ideas that i bet 20-30% of the forum have the same ones but they just cant make them happend cuz the game wont let you codes are pritty dumb and limited you dont have the freedom to write your own stuff cuz the client wont read them :) but you will find all this yourself when you try to make something original that other p-servers dont have and cant think of.. and AFTER you make them some kid from other p-server will just copy your files and have the same things you have so ... POINTSLESS i want to hear your arguments about this !!!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You really do know stuff that I do.. you predicted that the server will survive for 2-3 month and will only have 30 players.. Can you also predict when will the world ends? please... I really do want to know that above all.. :)

Electricity and internet consumption? $100 per month is too small.. even if you say consumption per month will take me 200-300 dollars per month, you think I care? it's just a small amount for me.. And don't misunderstand, I do this not to gain profit.. My salary is enough for me and my family living.. donation? maybe I have but not that important.. I'm just implementing donation for my GM's for them to gain a little profit.. I rule and manage the game entirely, my GM's will just supervise events etc..

Ideas? codes? freedom?... you think new ideas are done only by codes? we have that, but not limited to only that..

Again, most of my players haven't played this game before.. So ALL are NEW to Them.. I repeat, ALL are NEW to THEM... Why should I think of new ideas if the default game already are new to them? makes sense?.. Okay lets say I have also old players, well thats great.. But marketing private servers doesn't only focus to old players.. Private Servers must focus to New players as well.. Okay, you could ask, if they are new, they could start at the official server instead.. Well my friend, here comes internet marketing enter.. Why do you think there are less new players who plays a game that has started 6 month or a year ago? its because, why should they bother playing and levelling if there are players who already started 6 months ago and are now way ahead of them. Players want to be the best, top of the others,started first,pioneering,the better one etc... they can't achieve that if the game already started a couple of month or a year ago.. makes sense?

I would like to highlight what you have just said "i know way more stuff than you my friend"... Tell me please,, what kind of stuff? codes? consumption per month? donations? ideas? are these the STUFF you are mentioning about? If so, well congratulations, your definitely way ahead.. Way Ahead of yourself ^_^

PS. I do not intend to start a fire.. No offense.. But please do show some respect instead of telling everyone what you Failed to achieve.. If we do really fail, let US fail and experience what failure you want to tell us.. Atleast we started and tried..

Anyway, go on with your life.. There are many opportunity for you this coming 2013.. I already hve a good family and a stable job. If your seeing this Private Server to gain income, well maybe you should look for a more stable job than this.. You won't survive by just this? :) just an advice.. Happy New Year..

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Im not telling that everyone fails i just dont see anyone succeeding in anything. The only new thing that has been made here if 1 yaer is:

1. Talisman of Heroes using other than the original models for a Player i dont really know how to explain it to you, you just need to play it.
2. The New Site system ... Noting related to gameplay actually only a new way ( seen in many other sites ) for Gaining votes.
3. The so called e-mail system.
4. mmm well i think that was it the other few hundred posts are How to make please help me , I have problem with , .... etc.

I saw you ask for my ideas and achievements. I have few achievements not many but still i rly dont share them with the forum ( more like moldor ) dont like to share with people who cant understand nothing. I remember once i helped few players ( will try to find link for posts and PM's ) and on every step they keep asking and asking and asking for every error. I shared few ideas and gues what when they put them in theyer own server noone told hey this idea isnt mine its from suncho. No every one of them keep blapping that this is theyer own idea.

My few new ideas well i wont share them now but if i make them ( cuz really the game is pritty poor and there is a lot of writing ), you can steal them easy by clicking the mouse few times. I never saw those ideas in any other talisman and i ask here and there will there be players if this is created and i got pritty nice answers. And i have one big idea really big but its almost imposible to make, ( not my opinion, i asked people who actually work those things ) just too much time with none guarantee of success. Just not worth it.

For your NEW players who DIDNT play the game before. Well i really hope you succeed with your work cuz im tired seeing 12 years old kids saying that they want theyer own server Copy the "BIG" servers like Pinoy, NeverMind, World, ToT ... etc.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You got your point.. I understand.. I also noticed those myself when I scanned this forum.. A lot of players is asking for help and most of them don't even give an effort to search the forum for answers.. Most likely they want somebody to build their server entirely without them having to do some effort of their own.. No worries as me and my developer is not like that.. We do however gather ideas but we give credit to whoever gave that idea.. we don't own ideas we did not create.. As for copying files, yes we are aware of that.. We are actually starting private server 3 years ago from ragnarok, tantra, ran, etc... We stayed longer on tantra for 1 and a half year as I have 5 members in a team to manage it.. Games is my passion even if I'm already working :).. I know your a gamer too thus I understand what you explained from your last post. It just triggered me when you post here about how pointless a talisman servers are and how all people fail as I'm also one of them.. ^_^

Anyway, rest assured that I won't copy anything, and if I did however use some ideas here I'll make sure that if its one of your ideas I'll give the credit to you and everybody else from this forum who did it.. I'm new with talisman private server but I'm an experienced gamer when it comes to managing a private server.. If you have any suggestions or recommendations about this game I would really appreciate it if you can give some... It would be helpful coming from you as you already have experience building up this PS Game(talisman online). Check out our FB Page(I posted the link here at my previous post above), we did some videos relating to textures sets we edit and if you could give some feed back regarding it we would appreciate it.

Cut the con short, I apologize if I offended you. Just let newbies do what they want and let them fail.. I think some will give a fight and some will immediately fail but thats life.. We'll try this game for now, if it won't succeed then we'll try something else.. Like I said, Game is my passion..

Hope you'll have a great day.. Glad to know some feed backs from you.. atleast you gave me some ideas..Thanks

by the way. My developer works for 3 years at gameclub. If he ever find something to open encrypted files I'll let this forum know or atleast the moderators in this forum.. :) His actually already a member here long time ago and he did know your name as well :) Like you his also helping here previously just a bit..

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You got your point.. I understand.. I also noticed those myself when I scanned this forum.. A lot of players is asking for help and most of them don't even give an effort to search the forum for answers.. Most likely they want somebody to build their server entirely without them having to do some effort of their own.. No worries as me and my developer is not like that.. We do however gather ideas but we give credit to whoever gave that idea.. we don't own ideas we did not create.. As for copying files, yes we are aware of that.. We are actually starting private server 3 years ago from ragnarok, tantra, ran, etc... We stayed longer on tantra for 1 and a half year as I have 5 members in a team to manage it.. Games is my passion even if I'm already working :).. I know your a gamer too thus I understand what you explained from your last post. It just triggered me when you post here about how pointless a talisman servers are and how all people fail as I'm also one of them.. ^_^

Anyway, rest assured that I won't copy anything, and if I did however use some ideas here I'll make sure that if its one of your ideas I'll give the credit to you and everybody else from this forum who did it.. I'm new with talisman private server but I'm an experienced gamer when it comes to managing a private server.. If you have any suggestions or recommendations about this game I would really appreciate it if you can give some... It would be helpful coming from you as you already have experience building up this PS Game(talisman online). Check out our FB Page(I posted the link here at my previous post above), we did some videos relating to textures sets we edit and if you could give some feed back regarding it we would appreciate it.

Cut the con short, I apologize if I offended you. Just let newbies do what they want and let them fail.. I think some will give a fight and some will immediately fail but thats life.. We'll try this game for now, if it won't succeed then we'll try something else.. Like I said, Game is my passion..

Hope you'll have a great day.. Glad to know some feed backs from you.. atleast you gave me some ideas..Thanks

by the way. My developer works for 3 years at gameclub. If he ever find something to open encrypted files I'll let this forum know or atleast the moderators in this forum.. :) His actually already a member here long time ago and he did know your name as well :) Like you his also helping here previously just a bit..
Nice to know you are arguing in my thread but you said your developer works for 3 years at gameclub. Well then if he really work there he sure can "borrow" their server files and share with us. Well if he cannot "borrow" the server files he could help us creating new stuffs around. Don't tell me that he works there for 3 years and he don't know how to open encrypted files. If he works there he sure works for new patches or something and he could release that work here before they encrypt the files true? of course it's true.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice to know you are arguing in my thread but you said your developer works for 3 years at gameclub. Well then if he really work there he sure can "borrow" their server files and share with us. Well if he cannot "borrow" the server files he could help us creating new stuffs around. Don't tell me that he works there for 3 years and he don't know how to open encrypted files. If he works there he sure works for new patches or something and he could release that work here before they encrypt the files true? of course it's true.

It's beyond my line to share stuff or answer questions regarding his experience at gameclub.. I do not also intend that everyone will believe if he really is.. I just want to say that we are working for a long time now and his a good partner ever since.. ^_^

Sorry for misleading your thread.. Have a nice day ^_^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Addablo, can you please give us vote + rewards script? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back