Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

EVA and EVS "secrets"

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok fist of all we all know eva and evs files from talisman online.
Now what are these files?
These files are 3D models. Every weapon/mount/armor/character have a 3d model + texture (dds). We can open and edit just dds now, and we can open eva just to view them.
Now the big question is how can we edit EVA/EVS files?
Answer: Unless you have some money to spend you can't !! .

Now why I say unless you have some money.. the company that "made" this eva/evs 3d files is VIZRT. There are 2 possible programs which can edit / and make new eva/evs ... the programs are viz artist and viz engine but I don't know exactly which one because I cannot test them. In order to have access to test it you must first contact them ( not even prices are available on their website ) . Viz Engine (Real-time compositor of graphics and video) , and viz artist (Real-time 3D modeling and animation tool) .

Now that's all the documentation I will give you for now.. when I find out more I will post here. If anyone find one of those programs preferable viz artist for free I ask him to be kind enough and post them here.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can help you with it.But how are you so sure that the program can read it.Well if i tell you know i know more about TO then anyone knows now.Add me in skype my id is youhomeless:)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can help you with it.But how are you so sure that the program can read it.Well if i tell you know i know more about TO then anyone knows now.Add me in skype my id is youhomeless:)

Well you can help by searching for those programs. I'm not 100% sure but by my researches I stopped at this company.. . I tried different 3d programs and they won't do anything with a few plugins you can just view them but not edit or create new.. that's why one of this software I think it's the key to update talisman p.server development a bit... we are so outdated.. shumen have that male tamer for a year or so.. .

To be fair Waleed2 you may know alot about TO but I can say I'm proud to be one of the first members that had a full english private server along with Talisman of War and Talisman of Blood ( the first one ) . I also helped alot here with website scripts, design and fixes. The other old members like saccydog and seryi and many others who contribute for leechers to have the version up to v200+ are no longer active xD. That's why we miss alot of good members so it will be hard to update the private server scene :D.

To be on topic : we should search for those software.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did a few searches on shumenol and i found some programs but they don't actually work.

Btw you can view the files in 3d??????

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
:D there are more than 2 programs that can read those 2 extensions but like always there is always one big BUT all of those programs that i found are Chinese build that is when your program is on 完整客户端 this language and you don't understand poop. I contacted few of the company's (not the one you posted above) and they told me that they work only on the territory of China and Japan they wonk only with those banks on that territory don't ask me why its dumb i dunno i ask them if i can pay for the programs over PayPal or WesternUnion but they didn't want to and they said something about copyrights. So i think even if you manage to buy/find the programs for free this thing wont be legal. And actually i've read something about converters somewhere, but i don't know if this is true.

I got poop load's of programs that I'em trying to translate ...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
:D there are more than 2 programs that can read those 2 extensions but like always there is always one big BUT all of those programs that i found are Chinese build that is when your program is on 完整客户端 this language and you don't understand poop. I contacted few of the company's (not the one you posted above) and they told me that they work only on the territory of China and Japan they wonk only with those banks on that territory don't ask me why its dumb i dunno i ask them if i can pay for the programs over PayPal or WesternUnion but they didn't want to and they said something about copyrights. So i think even if you manage to buy/find the programs for free this thing wont be legal. And actually i've read something about converters somewhere, but i don't know if this is true.

Well even if you translate them .. I think you have just chinese programs from some forums some may not be related to .eva / .evs files at all.. . Looking on this forum I found someone said that eva is some kind of 12fps movie but that is hard to believe because then where is the 3d model of the weapon if that eva is a "movie" ... eva also means Extended Vector Animation which is also an image file format or movie. So.. that's why I think that program from Vizrt may be the key.. because that program is for .eva files ( 3D models not movies or images )

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
"Extended Vector Animation" if that was right you would be able to read them in 3dsMax and 4d Cinema

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
"Extended Vector Animation" if that was right you would be able to read them in 3dsMax and 4d Cinema

Tried with 3dsmax .. can't ( well not tried any extra plugins )

We should ask more people on some 3d modelling forums .

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't think so if the real extension name is even eva.Its real extension name is something else just it is changed to eva.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Got it wrong mate! None of this programs has to do with eva, this is to create items, morbs, etc.

I spoke with a professional guy already, and eva is a chines format file, so it means that we will never get it unless someone from the company release it, cos they build the program or extension so only them can use. Plus they might have encrypted the files, even the old ones because the new ones is encrypted already. So its better you guys try to reverse engine the client.exe and make the new evas work. Because at the moment the client.exe with the new update have a md5 code inside of it that must be the same on game_server.exe on the linux, so this why at the moment you can login, select server, but you can't login on the actually server, because the server doesn't allowed it cos is not the same. So if you guys want something new thats the first thing you guys should be looking, uncracked the client.exe and game_server.exe.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Got it wrong mate! None of this programs has to do with eva, this is to create items, morbs, etc.

I spoke with a professional guy already, and eva is a chines format file, so it means that we will never get it unless someone from the company release it, cos they build the program or extension so only them can use. Plus they might have encrypted the files, even the old ones because the new ones is encrypted already. So its better you guys try to reverse engine the client.exe and make the new evas work. Because at the moment the client.exe with the new update have a md5 code inside of it that must be the same on game_server.exe on the linux, so this why at the moment you can login, select server, but you can't login on the actually server, because the server doesn't allowed it cos is not the same. So if you guys want something new thats the first thing you guys should be looking, uncracked the client.exe and game_server.exe.

It's like this. Even if those .eva are custom made by those chinese guys behind talisman that doesn't mean they cannot be edited. Like in tales of pirates game there are some extensions for maps custom made by company and 1 person could make a program that read them ( he did not steal the program from company lol ) . I don't know with what kind of professional guy you talk to but if he says that you cannot ever edit them he is wrong. I'm 100% sure that someone can crack those eva :)

About the cracking client.exe it is an idea. But not just to read the new EVAs.. it's pointless because they will just made it different again.. and again.. . Someone who know this kind of thing can try to read other 3d file formats something that we can use and edit.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
#esytem
I think of the same.I try to login and it crashes i build a perfect client that may work with 207 files just i wanted the client to read the new evas,evms,evs.But it crashes i checked out logs to see where is the crash coming from but no sign btw i have the md5 code of client.exe of 1881.But not sure what is it for.Maybe we can help each other and move from this crappy level of 207 files we are now:)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's like this. Even if those .eva are custom made by those chinese guys behind talisman that doesn't mean they cannot be edited. Like in tales of pirates game there are some extensions for maps custom made by company and 1 person could make a program that read them ( he did not steal the program from company lol ) . I don't know with what kind of professional guy you talk to but if he says that you cannot ever edit them he is wrong. I'm 100% sure that someone can crack those eva :)

About the cracking client.exe it is an idea. But not just to read the new EVAs.. it's pointless because they will just made it different again.. and again.. . Someone who know this kind of thing can try to read other 3d file formats something that we can use and edit.

You got me wrong, what I meant is that we will never edit like they do, and its true, what he did was a emulator, and I might guess that tales of pirate use a known language such C++ or VB or something that people know deep different from EVA, get my point? The amount of people that know about EVA is really low, so its better work on the client.exe that might be a C++ or a known language that people know more and can crack easy, and if you can make the client.exe work you can make new mounts, weapons, pets and maybe maps, so you will get the 75% of the real update.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You got me wrong, what I meant is that we will never edit like they do, and its true, what he did was a emulator, and I might guess that tales of pirate use a known language such C++ or VB or something that people know deep different from EVA, get my point? The amount of people that know about EVA is really low, so its better work on the client.exe that might be a C++ or a known language that people know more and can crack easy, and if you can make the client.exe work you can make new mounts, weapons, pets and maybe maps, so you will get the 75% of the real update.

It has nothing to do with scripting/programming languages because EVA is not a scripting or programming language, it's a file extension. The scriping talisman use is lua for some scripts, as for tales of pirates all scripts , quests and so on are lua also.. the most chinese mmorpgs are scripted in lua. But as I said in tales of pirates there were some .lgo files or something like that and they didn't know anything about it until someone managed to change those .lgo ( custom extension like .eva ) into .obj which can be edited in 3D. They manage to take any 3d model from different games and add it to tales of pirates which for us seemed impossible back then.

Anyway it's a good ideea to crack that client.exe but it's not enough because we will just get some new mounts and weapons that are currently in game. But if we somehow will ever manage to take the eva/evs files then we can create as many mounts/weapons/sets as we want + we can import them from other games which is also cool.

If we crack client.exe we should crack the original one not the old one.

EDIT: I understand why it don't work.. yes the new client.exe somehow blocks our version of game_server.exe

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
EDIT 2: I have used IDA and there is alot of differences between those 2 client.exe because the new one have some extra security and it was very hard for IDA to analyze something. In order to manage what you suggested we need to know someone who knows how to reverse engineer this client.. . Now here are the real problems.
1) It's illegal and I mean.. you know..
2) For an experienced user who knows how to do and how to start .. it make take him several months to finish it.
3) For us it could take years lol ( I'm not experienced in these kind of reverse things )

The code in those kind of client.exe is usually big not just a few lines..

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I was thinking something different, but i doubt it's possible. If we can change something in the game engine so its not looking / using eva's and evm's and evs's and we just include 1 format for everything .mdl that most game engine's use. I really dont think this is possible because we need to re-write the whole client and server file. If anyone know's something different can point out his arguments.

PS: I think we should take this threat to somewhere btw.

Tried with 3dsmax .. can't ( well not tried any extra plugins )

We should ask more people on some 3d modelling forums .

I know you can't. And like esytem said they are chineese extensions i know that because such thing doesnt exist on the internet. I've been searching for engines and something that can run those models in 3D and actually view them but i haven't found anything.

#esytem
I think of the same.I try to login and it crashes i build a perfect client that may work with 207 files just i wanted the client to read the new evas,evms,evs.But it crashes i checked out logs to see where is the crash coming from but no sign btw i have the md5 code of client.exe of 1881.But not sure what is it for.Maybe we can help each other and move from this crappy level of 207 files we are now:)

Your client is crashing because the game_server is an old version its v207 from shudoor and you client 1881 first is from TO and second its different from the client.exe i mean if u open those 2 files you will see how much in common they have with each other. I can't only answer myself the question why does the client read the "new" eva's, evm's in the lobby (where you choose your character) but doesnt visualise them when you enter the game and it crashes like Waleed2 said.

Back