Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TUTORIAL]Setting VMware and Linux to get started with server Talisman Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
W tym tutorialu pokażę jak należy przygotować na Ubuntu Server do współpracy z Serverem Talizman Online .

Na poczatku potrzebne są takie pliki :

1. VMware

Install VMware. VMware set to be combined, "Nat." A minimum of 20 gigabytes hard disk, RAM as much as possible.

Install Linux, set during the installation of your username and password, and a very important setting the root password (save it yourself), when selecting packages to choose all the packages installed with mysql and virtual maschine, set the password for the MYSQL ROOT User's (very important).

After installation, we will show our Linux text console, at the beginning of this console type:

- Your username and password to log in as user
- Then log in as root, type = 'sudo-s "and then enter the root password
- Then type = "apt-get update" (it can jump out of an error, but do not pay any attention)
- Then type = "apt-get install xinit"
- Then type = "apt-get install ubuntu-desktop"
*** Ubuntu-desktop = install KDE to us
*** = Kubuntu-desktop will install Gnome desktop environment we
**** ^ These options we can choose freely - personally I prefer KDE

When correctly installed again, we return to our console textowej
- Type = "startx" then you will be transferred to a desktop environment we have installed:)

Select your user and log.
Now open a terminal:
- Type = "sudo-s", Next, enter the root password to set it at the beginning of the installation.
- Type = "apt-get install mysql-server mysql-client php5-mysql
(Installation will take a moment and you will be asked to confirm - enter Y and press enter)
- Type = "apt-get install ia32lib"
*** Can jump bug - do not worry about it
- Type = "apt-get install libmysqlclient15-dev"
(Installation will take a moment and you will be asked to confirm - enter Y and press enter)
- Type = "apt-get install knemo"
*** Useful program to a suspicion of our IP in Linux

Restart your Linux, it is possible that we will be asked a few restarts - unfortunately we did not do it and I recommend the upgrade of our Linux fully.
*** If you enable the improvement of Linux and the installation will want to install all packages on what I wrote is not possible we have to wait.

The next part of how to set the connection to the windows and setting the windows and linux to work with the server in the next section thanks for your attention I hope I helped.

Video Tutorial fainly finish look :
Part 1

Part 2

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: Setting VMware and Linux to get started with server Talisman Online

i prefer to download vmware with ubuntu 9.10 desktop for setting up server just we need to do install lamp server and update then we r done

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: Setting VMware and Linux to get started with server Talisman Online

Yes, I agree with my friend:) I just prefer Ubuntu 9.10 today publishes video tutorial that shows how it looks in practice:)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Video and Text :Setting VMware and Linux to get started with server Talisman Onli

Thx a lot for ur tut!! helped a lot, but i cant get other players to connect to my server :(( only from my own PC

Reaction score
Re: Video and Text :Setting VMware and Linux to get started with server Talisman Onli

hye..do this tutorial goes with window xp??apreciate a lot for answering my qst.

Reaction score

sory got another problem..i have get to the point where to type in 'startx' . but id doesnt work..it say no command for it..why is that?

Reaction score

hey there cob..already gotthe problem with the 'startx'..but now i got a qst again..where do you get the TO file in the first place anyway?and i watched the second link about how to setup server...what should i download??pls tell me...thnks.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

hey there cob..already gotthe problem with the 'startx'..but now i got a qst again..where do you get the TO file in the first place anyway?and i watched the second link about how to setup server...what should i download??pls tell me...thnks.

get the files from the video description on the youtube video! :)

Reaction score

o..ok..but i have look all the video here...and i got no clue to find the TO file that Cob connect to his VMware..and the on the other video got file name evp.and he copy it from the TO file that he connect earlier..got any idea?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

o..ok..but i have look all the video here...and i got no clue to find the TO file that Cob connect to his VMware..and the on the other video got file name evp.and he copy it from the TO file that he connect earlier..got any idea?

Its cuz u didnt see the first video:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f604/video-tutorial-setup-server-682801/

Server Files:

Client-side Talizman Of Planets

Evp and crack

Reaction score

hye thnk for the link...but can u tell about the ip adress...do i follow my own ip adress or just leave the ip adress in every file that we see using devit..and i use the default ip adress as shown in my connection..what ip adress should i use?use the ip adrees in the video???

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

hye thnks for the link..and i try to connect at the scrip...but can connect and login..i think my ip adress are wrong..do i have to follow the ip adress shown in the video or use my onw ip adress..cause at the moment iam using the dafault ip adress and for the host and file ip adress i just leave it original...so can u help me again?

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

hye thnks for the link...and i got new problem..why can i connect to the host?i cant connect and cant login like shown in video no 2.do i must follow the ip adress in the video?

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

i need the ip adress for login to window share..how can i get it??i cnt start anything without it..lol.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

[/COLOR]i need the ip adress for login to window share..how can i get it??i cnt start anything without it..lol.[/QUOTE]

OMG post more! alrdy gave u an answer on the other post u asked the same thing, is the LAN ip on ur windows machine, if u cant connect usin ur windows ip then try creating a folder on ubuntu in /home/YOUR_FOLDER
then right click it, select sharing options, its gonna ask u to install some application, after done reset ur ubuntu machine and go again to that folder select sharing options and chek all chekmarks then save configuration and try connecting to ur LAN network from windows so u can upload the files to that folder!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

sadicolas, i have the same problem, i cant connect to the Server using the Windows LAN IP.

well for the first, maybe i typed wrong IP - can u tell me where to get my LAN IP (just to get sure i typed the correct one)

MY PC is connected via LAN to the Internet and its Running Win 7 on it.

I tried one IP, but im not sure if thats the correct one, when i click on Connect there open a message asking me for a password.
i typed root password, same msg appear again =(

thats the msg that pops up.

Last edited:
Reaction score

metalmf@unknown:~/login$ ./login_server
bash: ./login_server: Permission denied
metalmf@unknown:~/game$ ./game_server
ERROR: PID file [game_server.pid] already existed.
LOGIN_SERVER and GAME_SERVER are making problems :S db_game works :s help me i maked files read only but nothing :S they give the same problem agan please help

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

sadicolas, i have the same problem, i cant connect to the Server using the Windows LAN IP.

well for the first, maybe i typed wrong IP - can u tell me where to get my LAN IP (just to get sure i typed the correct one)

MY PC is connected via LAN to the Internet and its Running Win 7 on it.

I tried one IP, but im not sure if thats the correct one, when i click on Connect there open a message asking me for a password.
i typed root password, same msg appear again =(

thats the msg that pops up.

mm you are connected via lan to the ethernet, but it doesn´t matter as long as your IP is right...

to find out your LAN IP on your linux machine (or vmware)
need this program ¨Knemo¨

download command:

sudo apt-get install knemo

then just go to Applications- Internet - Knemo
and you'll see a new icon on your upper panel with the image of 2 PCs connected... click on it and it shows your LAN IP

and to find out your WAN IP just need to go (ON YOUR LINUX MACHINE) to your browser and type this url

then set the config files as this:

alrdy posted it on another thread earlier today:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f601/ip-bridged-687896/

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

metalmf@unknown:~/login$ ./login_server
bash: ./login_server: Permission denied
metalmf@unknown:~/game$ ./game_server
ERROR: PID file [game_server.pid] already existed.
LOGIN_SERVER and GAME_SERVER are making problems :S db_game works :s help me i maked files read only but nothing :S they give the same problem agan please help

all you need to do is go to the folder

/game and delete the file ¨game_server.pid¨

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

thank you for the reply sadicolas, but i have Knemo installed.
My Problems is: that i cannot test the connection to the server where i need to put the server files on you know.
Cob (the guy who made the video tutorial, testing the server connection in the second part of "Talizman Online Setup Private Server - Install and Configure Software Part 2"

-->

You see in the video he type the IP: 192.168.1.8 (at 3min, 48ssec)

And Knemo shows him the IP: 192.168.52.120 (at 3min, 12sec)

You explained me the thing that i marked green here.
(That is for editing later the config files)

But i need to know the IP that i marked red in this post.
How do i get the IP to test my server sonnection, like Cob alias tomspec22 does it.
Thats my Problem you know?

In the other Thread you said:

FIRST: redirect all your portfowarded ports to you LAN linux IP!

how do i make that? - Maybe thats the reason for my Problem

(a Step by Step tut would be very nice for that point)

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

thank you for the reply sadicolas, but i have Knemo installed.
My Problems is: that i cannot test the connection to the server where i need to put the server files on you know.
Cob (the guy who made the video tutorial, testing the server connection in the second part of "Talizman Online Setup Private Server - Install and Configure Software Part 2"

-->

You see in the video he type the IP: 192.168.1.8 (at 3min, 48ssec)

And Knemo shows him the IP: 192.168.52.120 (at 3min, 12sec)

You explained me the thing that i marked green here.
(That is for editing later the config files)

But i need to know the IP that i marked red in this post.
How do i get the IP to test my server sonnection, like Cob alias tomspec22 does it.
Thats my Problem you know?

In the other Thread you said:

how do i make that? - Maybe thats the reason for my Problem

(a Step by Step tut would be very nice for that point)

thanks in advance

the second ip is his home ip..the pc ip..where he connect on desktop..the first one..at 3:12 is the linux ip address...

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

my KNEMO is wrong
Cob666 - [TUTORIAL]Setting VMware and Linux to get started with server Talisman Online - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score

Hello: I have one problem When ı am intalling Ubuntu from Vmware it says in loding ubuntu files (Network Conettiction part - you are not using DHCP or your dhcp slow or bad conettion) when ı skip this error in last part ubuntu didint connct internet what can ı do please HELP ME! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back