Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] About few things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi guys,
i wanted to create this thread after few posts/threads in this forum.
This discussion is very delicate, but is a discussion.
This means that i (maybe even the little slice of serious people) want to know the others opinions.

I'm reading and listening a lot of people, newbies, asking the release for ready work, advanced material and so on.
In my little i never released something here, because i prefer give a part of my work to clever people which know what do with it and not just download&run as 90% of users do.
Advanced material was already released, working and with a lot of potential, i don't know what is wanted anymore.
I think that the community here is too bad, because people don't work with their material, or not work at all.
I want to explain to those users/newbie or what else which don't make their own work that their servers are based just on this forum.
This mean that if this forum will die, other 10/20 servers will die with it, think about this.

Now i want to know the opinions of other dev, and will be funny see how many people consider themselves as dev :D

I wish you a good evening.
Cheers, Aesir

Retired (Goddamn idiots)
Reaction score
If indeed those 10/20 rubbish servers die off, then it's a good thing, as they never deserved to even be up.
This community is sub-par at best, and I really haven't seen any kind of talent to be mentioned of in here.

So yeah, I'm all in for the expedited death of this section.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If indeed those 10/20 rubbish servers die off, then it's a good thing, as they never deserved to even be up.
This community is sub-par at best, and I really haven't seen any kind of talent to be mentioned of in here.

So yeah, I'm all in for the expedited death of this section.

Make a server of AO is the wish of any player, but all want all ready.
Could be funny if there aren't official server files in this forum and everyone working on own emulator :D

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
How many times has this been discussed already?

https://forum.ragezone.com/f611/discussion-ace-thread-dead-990703/
https://forum.ragezone.com/f611/topic-wheres-entertainment-942157/
https://forum.ragezone.com/f611/discussion-topic-dead-888234/

The ace section was believed dead 2 years ago already. And it still exists.

New people try to realize their dreams (just like me) with the opportunities they have and the contributions from this forum section.
And as long as people still try and work on the game by using this forum, the section wont die. And as long as that is the case I sure as hell wont stop helping where I can in return of the help I received from a few people from this forum.

I like the constructiveness in the forum lately. There are only a very few of the latest help requesting threads unsolved (most of them are very unclear or broad). I agree with the missing development going on here. However I see the evolution of "developers" in this section like this:
  1. Wants to build his own Ace Server for any reason
  2. Gets stuck somewhere
  3. Signs up because he needs some help / contributions from this forum
  4. Plays around with the shared knowledge released here
  5. Notices his abilities in creating even more than what was contributed here
  6. Decides not to share anything with the community that grew him up because "the users are too stupid" or "I think that the community here is too bad"

Like this, I don't think we are ever gonna have helpful / active development unless someone starts to get the ball rolling. Or some "developers" who decide to jump over their ego and start working together instead of against each other.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Nobody said that community is dead, i see even on those days people posting and asking help, not was my final point.
Work and help are two different thing, im not talking about people which ask for help, even when i can i try to help guys here.
The "active development" already exist but is completely out of this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back