Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Ace Online Inactive

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i think, this ace online forum is nearly dead. you can see help or other section, anyone wrote about something once in 3 4 days. maybe some guy working for ace online dev or other things but maybe he's doing selfishness, maybe he is right for selfishness but i think if we want to get enjoy or money, we need to write our thoughts or ideas.
First of all, how can we do better ace online ?
~graphics ?
~engine ?
~war system ?
~influence system ?
or other ideas

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i think, this ace online forum is nearly dead. you can see help or other section, anyone wrote about something once in 3 4 days. maybe some guy working for ace online dev or other things but maybe he's doing selfishness, maybe he is right for selfishness but i think if we want to get enjoy or money, we need to write our thoughts or ideas.
First of all, how can we do better ace online ?
~graphics ?
~engine ?
~war system ?
~influence system ?
or other ideas

Who is still writing here are:
-Devs which have free time + boring time togheter
-Idiots
-People which dont know what are they doing with the source code and are using it just for change captions texts

Why should people contribute to this section?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
because the experienced onces don't want to contribute to idiots that only want features for free, without learning/do yourself.
i agree with part of free, but i dont want "give me everything, i dont want to work". just , i say where is the fish, dont give fish, maybe dont teach fishing. i just say what is the fish, and what kind of fish or what we can for fish.
okay, did i tell my idea ?

Reaction score
Yeah, but the problem is: You want it in a away which is equals the: give me the fish.
It's like: How to make fish, pls show it to me. And when we post a tutorial here, you have the finished code, aka a feature for free.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you are right about that, but this discussion not about that. i just wanna more active forum. maybe i cant work on code as much as you, but i try at least, and i wanna people must try.
i opened this discussion for idea, and although even insult me, i try at least.
if i can, i help who need help. but im human and i need help about things. and you need about things.
and if we want to knowledge, we need to work. but can tell someone who has knowledge to us how we must work.

Reaction score
Well the problem is, you won't get an active forum anymore, because the experienced ones don't want to share and the "noobish" ones aren't willed to learn, most of them just say: "i want to have a server where i can play with friends, i don't know C++ i just want to have a server" (imagine this with really crappy shenanigans english gramma), but then request features fixes etc. So why should we give them features when they don't want to learn?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i cant say anything. you are right, but this work is like this, but it shouldnt be like this, and i will work for this, if i did not want this, i could not open this section. i always work for somethings, and sometimes if work, i wrote someone on this forum. and this someone say yes, i want to share. but this section not like other thinks, this time i want to ask to all

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This topic is shenanigans, but look at this piece of code:
Code:
MSG_SIGN_BOARD_STRING tmSignBoardString;
MEMSET_ZERO(&tmSignBoardString, sizeof(MSG_FC_WAR_SIGN_BOARD_INSERT_STRING));
Damn I found it amusing.
you are really so funny

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Code:
Damn I found it amusing.

Rofl, 2 different structures

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Nothing new for masang to do something like that...
Same as making a memset over a filled vector instance.....

Btw. welcome back PanKJ? :p

About this topic here:
Well ain't that something new....

I'm really wondering how many times that topic will be re-opened...

We've got full sources released at the moment, though there is close to no public development at all about it. And help threads keep popping like never before. This was not surprising...

I'm sharing part of my work here and there, try to push activity of course, but apart from a few guys ( ttlove9 , Aesir, St34lth4ng3l, surprisingly sometimes even DragonLord) there are no attempts to help / contribute or even revive this section...

Most of the "community" has quit and moved on already. The game dies slowly and so does the p-server scene of it.

Btw. I don't like having the complete main section spammed with topics about "Omg is Ace dead?", "Everything inactive" blablabla so much, so let's keep the discussion about it in this thread before making a ton of others about it again...

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i dont know c++, but i try to learn, and i dont do sarcasm to pankj, i never do that to anyone. i hate sarcasm or joke

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i dont know c++, but i try to learn, and i dont do sarcasm to pankj, i never do that to anyone. i hate sarcasm or joke

So you dont basically know why we found it funny.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So you dont basically know why we found it funny.
i dont know pro, but i know some language and basics. and i did not laugh code, i laughed at the pankj words. maybe that words not funny from you, but maybe funny from me.

Reaction score
i dont know pro, but i know some language and basics. and i did not laugh code, i laughed at the pankj words. maybe that words not funny from you, but maybe funny from me.
Code:
struct MSG_SIGN_BOARD_STRING
{
    BYTE            InfluenceMask0;
    BOOL            IsInfluenceLeader;
    INT                StringIndex;
    ATUM_DATE_TIME    SignBoardExprieATime;
    char            SingBoardString[SIZE_MAX_SIGN_BOARD_STRING];
};

struct MSG_FC_WAR_SIGN_BOARD_INSERT_STRING
{
    BOOL            IsInfluenceLeader;
    INT                StringIndex;
    ATUM_DATE_TIME    SignBoardExprieATime;
    char            SingBoardString[SIZE_MAX_SIGN_BOARD_STRING];
};

now find out what MEMSET_ZERO does and you may understand

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Code:

Damn I found it amusing.
it's not a good thing but at list they fill the larger one on the size of the smaller one

edit: after a look, the field StringIndex will always be set with value 0 and will never have an other value, how to use some octet for nothing. and send that over network.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
it's not a good thing but at list they fill the larger one on the size of the smaller one

edit: after a look, the field StringIndex will always be set with value 0 and will never have an other value, how to use some octet for nothing. and send that over network.

Int type on cpp is stored over 4 byte (8*4 bits), from where did you get that 'octect'?

Back