[Discussion] Begging/QQ PM's

True MemberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    __FILE__Location
    818Posts

[Discussion] Begging/QQ PM's

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Why do i always get PM's like: Please share me XYZ pls.
    Or: Do you have XYZ, can u share plx?

Am i the only one?

Sidenote from me: When it's not released here i won't share sh*t with you!!!
    And most questions/begs are already solved with a bit of brain in your head!

SubscriberRank
    May 2015 Join Date
    MadnessLocation
    262Posts

Re: [Discussion] Begging/QQ PM's

Quote Originally Posted by St34lth4ng3l View Post
    Why do i always get PM's like: Please share me XYZ pls.
    Or: Do you have XYZ, can u share plx?

Am i the only one?

Sidenote from me: When it's not released here i won't share sh*t with you!!!
    And most questions/begs are already solved with a bit of brain in your head!
    No, youre not the only. They search me even on FB D:

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,882Posts

I do agree that this is rather annoying and I think this is because people think they can achieve more by approaching contributors of this section directly with their requests in a PM. They don't realize that they rather increase their level of being annoying with that and drive people away from helping them.

If contributors are still interested in that section then they will check the help threads too. So there is no reason of pming everyone.

This also increases the amount of spam by a lot. Having their request threads / pms / visitor messages / etc...

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

SubscriberRank
    May 2015 Join Date
    MadnessLocation
    262Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    If contributors are still interested in that section [...]
    Or they maybe are just a bit bored and want to laugh a bit...

True MemberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    Limassol, CypruLocation
    1,333Posts

I've been out of this section for many years, and I still got PMs, asking for files and help. So ..... not reading anything. This forum has been and will always remain as it is. People not knowing how to even use the Search section and find what they need.

Your sincerely,
    Michael.

True MemberRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    287Posts

This thread is a tipical example of why Ace Section is dead.
    You are acting like those pmer by posting a useless thread like this one.
    When i look other game forum, there is not so much shitty thread....
    You are a contributor of this section and you participate of being dead with this post.

SubscriberRank
    May 2015 Join Date
    MadnessLocation
    262Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sami37 View Post
    You are a contributor of this section and you participate of being dead with this post.
    Being a contributor (so a person who shares something which can be knowledge, files, scripts, etc.) means be a volounteer material donator to the community.
    You just can't start a rage pm'ing just because you miss some files.
    All the people around here who is/was/will be a contributor had a lack of files, problems which had to be solved and so on, but i don't think that @Future or @St34lth4ng3l or whoever (not dumb ofc) you want built up a pm flood against half ragezone begging for something.

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,882Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sami37 View Post
    Well this whole post and every reply here is off-topic ofc. *Ughz* I still let it slide as the activity is close to just not existent in this section anymore and there was at least a thread to look at... Maybe the wrong decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesir View Post
    Being a contributor (so a person who shares something which can be knowledge, files, scripts, etc.) means be a volounteer material donator to the community.
    You just can't start a rage pm'ing just because you miss some files.
    All the people around here who is/was/will be a contributor had a lack of files, problems which had to be solved and so on, but i don't think that @Future or @St34lth4ng3l or whoever (not dumb ofc) you want built up a pm flood against half ragezone begging for something.
    Must admit, I pmed @WARonline and @jison back in the days when I was searching for old ep2 stuff xD

But yeah, these flooding PMs, asking everyone who once posted intelligent stuff in the section, for a problem they have instead of creating a Help thread that everyone here can see either way.... it's very annoying. The PM system is usually used to discuss off-topic stuff. That "hi, how are you bro? :D" kind of stuff, that should not be done on a public forum thread.

Everything related to AO should be posted in a thread here instead of creating mass PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

Advertisement