Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Discussion] Troubles with using the source code?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey guys, i just got the news.
is this real

so, if i debug the source codes, would be that be a problem?
i guess thats not a problem, am i right ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Guys, is this real ?

so ?
if i debug the source codes, would be that be a problem?

Reaction score

hey guys, i just got the news.
is this real

so, if i debug the source codes, would be that be a problem?
As long as you run it offline (not actually online) there souldn't be a problem from masangs/subas/gameforges/etc...side.
In Germany as example it's only forbidden to earn money with it (if i'm not wrong :s)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

so ?
if i debug the source codes, would be that be a problem?

You're using a copyright protected material, do you expect a thank from them?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

You're using a copyright protected material, do you expect a thank from them?
a lot of people launched these kind of servers in Turkey and gameforge's servers are actually in Cyprus so they can not sue us for that i think no one got any troble yet...

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Re: [Discussion] Trouble with copyrights

Whether or not game publishers or developers take action against private servers is pure speculation.

I do know that Derivative Rivals / Fallen Gears was sued indeed. I personally find 600k $ a joke though. No one went into prison and probably there was just some serious talking, but again, just speculations... If you want more details, contact XxDeMoNxX (Mighty) in a PM, lol.
This is the only case I know of in which a publisher has actually taken action against a p-server, however this is no "you're free to go" ofc...

Just as a reminder, RaGEZONE is a public platform around and about MMO(RPG) servers and developments along with many other things. You, yourself, are responsible for what you do around here and with the stuff that was shared around here. Ofc also for what you share yourself...

Back