Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Comunity open ao repo

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
for selling part it's the part of the project i'm working on (my actual work project will apply to this repo has it a feature bounty web site for open source project)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yea, for a single server this should be normal, but for the whole community?
I mean every server wants something different, some people want an oldschool type of server, some people prefer the newest sh*t etc etc, so the only thing that should be changed on a community repo is the base framework without altering the gameplay itself. And here is the problem mostly 90% off all peeps here don't even have the knowledge to fix the easiest access violation not to mention heap corruptions or other vulnerabilities in the games code. And since people are selfish you won't see new features as well on this repo.

Seems like some of you threw the reality sense straight in the recycle bin.
Just look around and check out how many devs are outta here ("devs", not people copying and pasting some "anti-cheat" asm code from SO and selling it afterward, lol) and then ask yourself how many of them would be willing to contribute to such a project.
You're complaining because nobody uploads something?
That's because nobody has nothing else rather than the things released here, except for the window title changed with (sky/ace)-(crap name)-(ace/rivals/fighter).
You cannot expect incapable people to not just download your files and compile them, especially if there is not even a 1:50 capable ratio.
So, finally, please just stop this cringe conversation.

what a good replies.

why share my features or bug fix with i do not know for anything. I will get nothing this giving, or no one give anothing to me for free. If you want some biggest features or safe game you must work hard or you must create your team for giving everything as free to your partnership

Reaction score
what a good replies.

why share my features or bug fix with i do not know for anything. I will get nothing this giving, or no one give anothing to me for free. If you want some biggest features or safe game you must work hard or you must create your team for giving everything as free to your partnership
decarvk PanKJ and here we see this kind of person, why a open repo in this section wont get any commits

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@St34lth4ng3l: let him speak he is in the wrong way and this kind of comment will only be like launch fuel on fire.
4TheEnjoy: this open repo share you for free: threading rework, 3D asset loading rework.... (lot of other thing) done by pankj for free, a lot (I can't even list all them all, but to do short: enchant announcement, pvp kill reward system, CNC chat, anti afk system.....) of feature made by future on the base source, feature i made for my server (pvp kill assist system, new configurable membership bonus, max life/max shield are now capped on int instead of short...) + some server security fail for free, and I don't speak about the change made by a bunch of guys that i don't know who have spend time too. is it enough to work in this kind of community? (edit: I missed to give you an information: original code source build under vc++ 6, and not the vs2015 one)

I think we all know that actually this section have not a lot developer active on the forum, but I think some are just never posting here and able to work I don't think to found 100 dev for this community, but if I can find 1-3 dev I will be happy.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I allow my self to made a double post to notify a change

I have send today a commit for a security fail on this repo, the commit is not yet merge in the master, this commit fix a security fail on preserver (allowing every one to send ban request to the preserver and some style fix and a fix a git merge issue made some month ago.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You made some excellent points, vk.

Personally, I tried to get my own server going and learn C++, SQL management, all that. I ended up spending about a week on it and hit so many road bumps. In the end I just had to stop because a lot of the guides out there assumes the reader has some knowledge, rather than no knowledge because they miss a lot of the finer details. I think people who wrote those guides don't have English as their native language.

Anyway, as a result, I had a ton of questions I wanted to ask, but was afraid to because I saw a lot of questions from other people being met with pessimism.

I myself absolutely adore the game and wanted to set up a server where people could play and have fun. I'd provide credit where it was due, no problem. But I'd still need help along the way, and I don't know if I would find it here.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Fixed Cash shop given 2 times

in this fork .
Code:
[URL]https://github.com/DeathRivals/OpenAo[/URL]

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
witch please. Nice copy of fov fix by me with just changed comment - already released source code by afk nob roso or kinda

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
witch please. Nice copy of fov fix by me with just changed comment - already released source code by afk nob roso or kinda

Sup with your "anticheat" straight copied from stack overflow?
decarvk - Comunity open ao repo - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm sorry for the idle time.I just upgrade the github, upgrade to Visual Studio 2015 + Fix errors when compiling.
If you need support you can PM me.

Back