Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Gambling] Was anyone able to find an algorithm?

Reaction score
I have not really checked that, but I can give you an idea to find the exact algorithm.

First, get used to disassbmly and get IDA Pro. Then, find what kind of log or message is written when you fix (that is, some text). Try to find it in the fieldserver (printf format) and then find its references in the disassembly. Try to follow the code backwards till you find the algorithm. It will most probably have a call to rand() in it. Use IDA Pro to generate some higher level code. You will still have to check the assembly of course.

If you are unsure whether the function you have found is the right one, use a debugger as well and confirm it.

This is pretty much what I think I would do. Otherwise you can check how many calls to rand() are in the fieldserver. If they are few enough, maybe you can just check them one by one.

Reaction score
I have not really checked that, but I can give you an idea to find the exact algorithm.

First, get used to disassbmly and get IDA Pro. Then, find what kind of log or message is written when you fix (that is, some text). Try to find it in the fieldserver (printf format) and then find its references in the disassembly. Try to follow the code backwards till you find the algorithm. It will most probably have a call to rand() in it. Use IDA Pro to generate some higher level code. You will still have to check the assembly of course.

If you are unsure whether the function you have found is the right one, use a debugger as well and confirm it.

This is pretty much what I think I would do. Otherwise you can check how many calls to rand() are in the fieldserver. If they are few enough, maybe you can just check them one by one.

I know, you think I'm too stupid or should use google but I'm not experienced enough to do that :/.
Thanks for your detailed answer though, if anyone found something, let me know.

Reaction score
I don't think you are too stupid; you think that. I also don't think you should use google, because it will not help you. You are asking a question that has not been publicly answered yet. Therefore, you have to find the answer on your own, which is why I helped you at first place.

So, I just posted an idea, which means I gave enough tips to understand what to do and how, provided that you have enough knowledge already. As a matter of fact, my answer is extremely helpful. If you do not have enough knowledge, learn whatever you do not understand in my post and then read it again. Or try to find someone who understands my post and ask for help.

On a side note, it is like you ask for help with a university-level maths problem. I can give you some ideas to solve it, but if you can't even solve an equation, my advice will not be helpful. However, this doesn't mean you are stupid or you cannot learn. On the contrary, unlike most "developers" here, you replied in proper English, realized my answer can be useful and even thanked me for my time. So I guess you only gotta start learning this stuff or get someone who knows it to work for you.

PS: I can't stress the "learn" part any more, post is already too long.

Back