Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Group.tex ressource editor v0.1.1

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
hi all a tool of my own made to edit file inside group.tex file of the client.

I have made it with Qt normaly I have add all needed file to launch the application without qt on windows 7 (must work for 10)

if you have a trouble install Qt (5.8 with 32 bit dependency as I was lazy to use int32 instead of int)

the file:

have fun with that small tool.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
true, I have set the good link now just a bad mistake from my part

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
It's an interesting design for that tool. Iirc the group.tex has a tree structure, so to visualize that with tables is interesting. This is what I've come up with, but abandoned at some point (there were a bunch of file saving issues):

decarvk - [Release] Group.tex ressource editor v0.1.1 - RaGEZONE Forums

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
it's edit only resource inside you must extract group.tex file with one of the many ripper existing ;)

it's must work for 4.6 one (if massang haven't change this file format), I have done it fast for my own need lot of thing can be done in a better way.
Future I have use the view-model table of Qt just setup data model on file parsing, and write a serializer for my model used when I save the file.

for people lazy to do this kind of software it's around 450 line of code ;)

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi all a tool of my own made to edit file inside group.tex file of the client.

I have made it with Qt normaly I have add all needed file to launch the application without qt on windows 7 (must work for 10)

if you have a trouble install Qt (5.8 with 32 bit dependency as I was lazy to use int32 instead of int)

the file:

have fun with that small tool.
Link down. Can you update it?

Back