Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Code] Disabling Hackshield

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
I've posted it before but as it's admittedly hard to find and people continuously struggle with it, I decided to make this a proper tutorial. This is the easiest way to get around hackshield related problems like the 5-10 minutes DC.

Tutorial level: Very easy

Client

Disabling the clientsided hackshield is as simple as changing one single line in AtumApplication.h around line #200 from:

Code:
#define GAMEGUARD_TYPE 	USE_GAMEGUARD_AHNLAB_HACKSHIELD

to:

Code:
#define GAMEGUARD_TYPE USE_GAMEGUARD_NONE

Done.
This will disable the startup routine of all supported hackshields in the client. There are other defines that imply to be disabling the hackshield, mostly unrelated to this issue though or only partially disabling it.

If you don't happen to use the WIKIGAMES_ENG configuration for your server, also make sure the define
Code:
#define S_HACK_SHIELD_AUTO_UPDATE_HSKIM
located in the Contents.h file is not activated! (precede it with "//")

Server

I've researched in released sources and found out that the serversided hackshield is not activated by default! To make sure it isn't, check whether:

1. The define
    Code:
    _USING_HACKSHIELD_
    (located in the LocalizationDefineCommon.h file) is not active (preceded with "//" or disabled by other preprocessor directives)
  2. The language type, set in the global.cfg file, is:
    • LANGUAGE_TYPE_ENGLISH
    • LANGUAGE_TYPE_GERMAN
    • LANGUAGE_TYPE_TURKISH
    • LANGUAGE_TYPE_ITALIAN
    • LANGUAGE_TYPE_FRENCH
    • LANGUAGE_TYPE_POLISH
    • LANGUAGE_TYPE_SPANISH

Quite simple, really.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
#define USE_GAMEGUARD_AHNLAB_HACKSHIELD 1 //ÇÙ½¯µå °ÔÀÓ°¡µå
Mine looks like this and when i change i get error's from the hackshield code in the cpp and some in .h what am i doing wrong

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I could make a video of how to edit it because I can not find it: c

Back