[Code] Disabling Hackshield

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,840Posts

[Code] Disabling Hackshield

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

I've posted it before but as it's admittedly hard to find and people continuously struggle with it, I decided to make this a proper tutorial. This is the easiest way to get around hackshield related problems like the 5-10 minutes DC.

Tutorial level: Very easy

Client

Disabling the clientsided hackshield is as simple as changing one single line in AtumApplication.h around line #200 from:

Code:
    #define GAMEGUARD_TYPE 	USE_GAMEGUARD_AHNLAB_HACKSHIELD
    to:

Code:
    #define GAMEGUARD_TYPE USE_GAMEGUARD_NONE
    Done.
    This will disable the startup routine of all supported hackshields in the client. There are other defines that imply to be disabling the hackshield, mostly unrelated to this issue though or only partially disabling it.

If you don't happen to use the WIKIGAMES_ENG configuration for your server, also make sure the define
    Code:
    #define S_HACK_SHIELD_AUTO_UPDATE_HSKIM
    located in the Contents.h file is not activated! (precede it with "//")

Server

I've researched in released sources and found out that the serversided hackshield is not activated by default! To make sure it isn't, check whether:

1. The define
      Code:
      _USING_HACKSHIELD_
      (located in the LocalizationDefineCommon.h file) is not active (preceded with "//" or disabled by other preprocessor directives)
    2. The language type, set in the global.cfg file, is:
      • LANGUAGE_TYPE_ENGLISH
      • LANGUAGE_TYPE_GERMAN
      • LANGUAGE_TYPE_TURKISH
      • LANGUAGE_TYPE_ITALIAN
      • LANGUAGE_TYPE_FRENCH
      • LANGUAGE_TYPE_POLISH
      • LANGUAGE_TYPE_SPANISH

Quite simple, really.

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

Advertisement