Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

All what you need is this for run a EP3 Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
in the link missed the Bin's how the hell i can run a server ep 3.2???

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
And make your own damn client people.

Mate, do You honestly think that they can ?

i doubt that...

Especially if you look at previous threads of some ppl here, that they can't fix simple things like HH or w/e...

PS

Alpha sounds better then Omega :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont understand what the problem should be in getting an own client working. Can someone tell me?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello guys, sorry to bother you with that but,i read all of the tutorial,all of the threads in pankj section but i find nothing really explicit about installation,that speaks a lot about dev, i like it and eat it for after. But a full tutorial for EP3 server setup is really missing. I know you dont have time or that bored you. Anyway

A lot of question is in supsend like "need a mix ep2+ep3 database?" or "why preserv.exe and preserv_ep3.exe" ? its only a begining to be honest,im really curious and search a lot,but i dont really all understand,anyone to get a full tutorial of ep3 server? pls pls pls

Reaction score
What you ask (a tutorial) is something noone would bother doing, cause once you understand how to install, you find it too simple.

Briefly:

1. Download files. You need server files and db, they are already uploaded.
2. Install and setup mssql.
3. Make sure you have the right bins/configs/db, same episode.
4. Setup stuff like db ip, port, user, pass correctly.
5. Run the server (pre, im, log, field, npc) or the server starter by jared if you downed his release.
6. Post your errors until it runs.
7. Maybe post a guide for others?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What you ask (a tutorial) is something noone would bother doing, cause once you understand how to install, you find it too simple.

Briefly:

1. Download files. You need server files and db, they are already uploaded.
2. Install and setup mssql.
3. Make sure you have the right bins/configs/db, same episode.
4. Setup stuff like db ip, port, user, pass correctly.
5. Run the server (pre, im, log, field, npc) or the server starter by jared if you downed his release.

6. Most of errors what he can get , is already explained like zomg times :3

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok let's start so (respond for all plz and if at end all work i will do a large tuto)

1. Download files. You need server files and db, they are already uploaded.=> OK

2. Install and setup mssql.=> OK
3. Make sure you have the right bins/configs/db, same episode.=> ding dong ? ep 3 database and bin/config links on first page not good?
4. Setup stuff like db ip, port, user, pass correctly.=> hmm db ip port i suppose in global.cfg anyway i got it
5. Run the server (pre, im, log, field, npc) or the server starter by jared if you downed his release.=> ding dong ? i know it but there is iocp error cause in my global.cfg when i use db_1 pre ok field not ok,when i use db_acc pre not ok directly

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok let's start so (respond for all plz and if at end all work i will do a large tuto)

1. Download files. You need server files and db, they are already uploaded.=> OK

2. Install and setup mssql.=> OK
3. Make sure you have the right bins/configs/db, same episode.=> ding dong ? ep 3 database and bin/config links on first page not good?
4. Setup stuff like db ip, port, user, pass correctly.=> hmm db ip port i suppose in global.cfg anyway i got it
5. Run the server (pre, im, log, field, npc) or the server starter by jared if you downed his release.=> ding dong ? i know it but there is iocp error cause in my global.cfg when i use db_1 pre ok field not ok,when i use db_acc pre not ok directly

3. From this thread no, but there is another one. But i doubt that you can see it , its red and is barerly visible.
4.DB,ip and port <- That "sentence" isn't obvious? (even if it's not then you should go back to reading tutorials)
4. Ding Ducking dong USE SEARCH and you will find your answers about error logs.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What a constructive answer wow....

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Ok let's gorget that,

3. From this thread no, but there is another one. But i doubt that you can see it , its red and is barerly visible.
4.DB,ip and port <- That "sentence" isn't obvious? (even if it's not then you should go back to reading tutorials)
4. Ding Ducking dong USE SEARCH and you will find your answers about error logs.

3=>i see it and down it long time ago,i just search the good question to get the good answer

About database, on this magnifique red post database are same than on first page.

4=> That was just try to get good question to find answer (i was ok with it anyway on my post)

4=> yes i find a lot of error log in searching,but not with my exact problem. Since begining i think i dont get the good bin (pre im log etc...)cause with the config.rar who got * i got automatically LoadConfigurationError and iocp.

Maybe i do a bad activity,to be sure, it's pre im log field npc sercer_ep3 or pre im log field npc server only to run? (and by serverstarter you mean watchprocess?)

Reaction score
Did you read the "Must read for ep3 server thread"? I suppose its called ike that because you MUUUUST read it. Even if we spend hours explaining you wont understand if you dont read that thread. What you need is there: bins, configs and dbs (FULL). If you suspect bins dont work use those from jared, thats what i used at least. And from my experience most errors are cause by wrong config and the fact that most guys find the must read for ep3 thread too big. However i have no intention rewriting what ive written in there so simply go read the thread. As i said, the files you need are there, if you combine them with jareds release. And even if youre 100% sure theres no fix for your error at least post your logs and what error was thrown in the message box. In any case tho, im 99.999% sure the error is solved and posted so search as l34V3 said too, and in fact theyre solved like 100 times each. Forgot to say: not only use the search function but also use your brain and your common sense (most people here dont have it but i hope youre smart enough to know how to find your info).

PS: based on your problems description id have to try to guess what it is for a month. Try to explain better when you need help.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hum im trying another way in using ep2 server bin and config,in adding map dat and sma FULL on map folder,im almost done but always one error stay, field serv iocp init i post my log and my config. Can't say if ncp server work well while this not fix

I read something like that about sma file error so i download the full sma pack, i resolved the last problem like that, but on this one,i'm really not sure of what provoked this,some error target warp and a final error iocp.

Like you can see, i try to use my brain,i try to find solution,maybe im so closed to it...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Code:
05-13 01:08:56|ERROR: CAtumDBHelper::LoadMysteryItemDropInfo() Failed!!!
05-13 01:08:56|[Error] FieldServer IOCPInit Error

DB error. Is your mystery item drop info table ok? You obviously have to look for the last error, which is the error before IOCPInit Error. I mean, that the iocpinit is caused by the last error, so always look for the error above it.

Back