[Tutorial] How to fix not spawning NPCs and Quest errors using released sources

[Tutorial] How to fix not spawning NPCs and Quest errors using released sources Future is offline
    SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,906Posts

[Tutorial] How to fix not spawning NPCs and Quest errors using released sources

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

So first of all, sorry for the delay, I wanted to investigate on this way earlier.
    As promised here I took a look at why there are problems around monsters (spawning / quests) in the latest released source codes for Visual Studio 2013 by @Aesir and @St34lth4ng3l.

I found out that the appearing errors root from an empty map of monsters which was obviously supposed to hold monster information. Investigating on the empty map I found out that the places where it gets loaded in the initialization of the servers are just commented out, LOL. It looks like someone skipped the place where this compiler issue was thrown for the moment even though it was relevant :v

How to fix it

Masang uses their strange wrapper for maps sometimes and there is a mismatch between the parameter list of CMonsterDBAccess::GetAllMonsters and the monster map in CFieldIOCP.

You will need to edit:
    • FieldIOCP.cpp
    • FieldIOCP.h

FieldIOCP.cpp
    Around to line 898:

Replace:

Code:
    //CMonsterDBAccess MonsterDBAccess;
    //MonsterDBAccess.GetAllMonsters(&*m_mapMonsterInfo, &m_mapItemInfo, MONSTER_LOAD_TYPE_SIZE_FOR_CLIENT, &(g_pFieldGlobal->m_Localization));
    with:

Code:
    CMonsterDBAccess MonsterDBAccess;
    MonsterDBAccess.GetAllMonsters(m_mapMonsterInfo, &m_mapItemInfo, MONSTER_LOAD_TYPE_SIZE_FOR_CLIENT, &(g_pFieldGlobal->m_Localization));
    this enables the loading of the monster information again.

FieldIOCP.h
    Now to fix the parameter mismatching, declare the ez_map as map which does not effect any dependent code luckily. So replace around line 403:

Code:
    ez_map<int, MONSTER_INFO>		m_mapMonsterInfo;
    with:

Code:
    map<int, MONSTER_INFO>		m_mapMonsterInfo;
    And here you go:

Monsters

Quests

Files
    I attached the required files here:

Fixed mob files.zip

If this helped you, don't hesitate dropping a like for the efforts I put in fixing this ;)
    Have a nice day :)
    Last edited by Future; 11-04-16 at 10:41 AM. Reason: .cpp and .h file was flipped

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

[Tutorial] How to fix not spawning NPCs and Quest errors using released sources St34lth4ng3l is online now
    True MemberRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    __FILE__Location
    820Posts

Re: [Tutorial] How to fix not spawning NPCs and Quest errors using released sources

Thanks for the tutorial, yeah i just saw that one with Debug loading and thought it's the same, so i just commented it out. Going to update my uploaded sources here.

MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    119Posts

Re: [Tutorial] How to fix not spawning NPCs and Quest errors using released sources

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    So first of all, sorry for the delay, I wanted to investigate on this way earlier.
    As promised here I took a look at why there are problems around monsters (spawning / quests) in the latest released source codes for Visual Studio 2013 by @Aesir and @St34lth4ng3l.

I found out that the appearing errors root from an empty map of monsters which was obviously supposed to hold monster information. Investigating on the empty map I found out that the places where it gets loaded in the initialization of the servers are just commented out, LOL. It looks like someone skipped the place where this compiler issue was thrown for the moment even though it was relevant :v

How to fix it

Masang uses their strange wrapper for maps sometimes and there is a mismatch between the parameter list of CMonsterDBAccess::GetAllMonsters and the monster map in CFieldIOCP.

You will need to edit:
    • FieldIOCP.h
    • FieldIOCP.cpp

FieldIOCP.h
    Around to line 898:

Replace:

Code:
    //CMonsterDBAccess MonsterDBAccess;
    //MonsterDBAccess.GetAllMonsters(&*m_mapMonsterInfo, &m_mapItemInfo, MONSTER_LOAD_TYPE_SIZE_FOR_CLIENT, &(g_pFieldGlobal->m_Localization));
    with:

Code:
    CMonsterDBAccess MonsterDBAccess;
    MonsterDBAccess.GetAllMonsters(m_mapMonsterInfo, &m_mapItemInfo, MONSTER_LOAD_TYPE_SIZE_FOR_CLIENT, &(g_pFieldGlobal->m_Localization));
    this enables the loading of the monster information again.

FieldIOCP.cpp
    Now to fix the parameter mismatching, declare the ez_map as map which does not effect any dependent code luckily. So replace around line 403:

Code:
    ez_map<int, MONSTER_INFO>        m_mapMonsterInfo;
    with:

Code:
    map<int, MONSTER_INFO>        m_mapMonsterInfo;
    And here you go:

Monsters

Quests

Files
    I attached the required files here:

Fixed mob files.zip

If this helped you, don't hesitate dropping a like for the efforts I put in fixing this ;)
    Have a nice day :)

with due respectthe first to say FieldIOCP.his FieldIOCP.cppand the second is FieldIOCP.h

[Tutorial] How to fix not spawning NPCs and Quest errors using released sources Future is offline
    SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,906Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Afk Roy Osorio View Post
    with due respectthe first to say FieldIOCP.his FieldIOCP.cppand the second is FieldIOCP.h
    After meditating about your post for 2 weeks I found out what you meant. Yeah .cpp and .h file was indeed flipped in my tutorial.
    Changed now, thx

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

MemberRank
    Jul 2017 Join Date
    1Posts

Hey i have an problem with AtumParamProtocolFunktions.cpp

#ifndef _ATUM_CLIENT
    GAME_SERVER_INFO_FOR_ADMIN g_arrGameServers[] =
    {
    // 2007-11-07 by cmkwon, ·Î±× DB ¼­¹ö µû·Î ±¸ÃàÇϱâ - Çʵå 4°³ Ãß°¡, LogDBIP, LogDBPort, LogDBUID, LogDBPWD
    // {Name, XOREncodedPreServerIP, XOREncodedDBServerIP, DBServerPort, XOREncodedDBUserID, XOREncodedDBPWD, DB Name, LogDBIP, LogDBPort, LogDBUID, LogDBPWD, PreServerIP, DBServerIP, DBUserID, DBPWD}
    // 2007-10-24 by cmkwon, ¼­¹ö Á¤º¸ ¾Ïȣȭ - Key
    // #define STR_XOR_KEY_STRING_SERVER_INFO "~8xANs(^fP{)34$(fcbTN$(C-=x" // 2007-10-24 by cmkwon, ¼­¹ö Á¤º¸ ¾Ïȣȭ - DB Server Password XOR Key

i cant change the DBID Key.

pls help

Advertisement