Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone figured out realm name problem in new OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ive been messing with this off and on for months now and not got it working yet, anyone made any progress on it?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What do you mean by new OS? What OS are you talking bout here, I'm running the server under CentOS 4.8 No problem with realm names or anything like that ....

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Centis 4.8 is unsupported its so old
Need to get realms working on ubuntu 12.10 64bt and centos 6.3 64bit systems
I wont run garbage os on deducated machines due to the huge security issues of doing so. Little different if on a home network behind a cisco router lol

So anyways on centos 6.3 I have compared and found and installed every compat library to have all libraries old redhat/centos has but still doesnt fix the issue so what to test next?
JD Gaming at its Best
brought to you by Aristotle!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Centis 4.8 is unsupported its so old
Need to get realms working on ubuntu 12.10 64bt and centos 6.3 64bit systems
I wont run garbage os on deducated machines due to the huge security issues of doing so. Little different if on a home network behind a cisco router lol

So anyways on centos 6.3 I have compared and found and installed every compat library to have all libraries old redhat/centos has but still doesnt fix the issue so what to test next?
JD Gaming at its Best
brought to you by Aristotle!

Maybe the dedi machine doesnt support name realms.... lol ...

Try every packages available that came with the distro...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
im runing a CentOs 5.5 and i got relam name problems , anyone know how to fix it ?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
No one does think all gave up on that issue
You have to use the I ld redhat or nrwest centos can use is 4.8 either one not worth the security risks of using such an old os
You can lock the realms in place so they dont switch every time relog using the current server file believe was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back