Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Guide To Making a Server( Old Files)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi CG i was successful in creating the server i wanna ask u in the video there is patch folder and there no link for downloading the patch and i already have a celestial destroyer installer setup version is v121 will it work with these server files?

Reaction score
Im not sure about celestial destoryer although i know some people have used it with version 1.3.6, but this one is 1.2.4(viet.) Thats the only thing ive doen with it =o, Also The patch folder in the video is just a gshop and elements.data. Not Nessesary x) Thats just like cash shop stuff. Dont worry about it x)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
and this Patch.rar that is mentioned in the video.

which has the element and gshop.dat is it just me or was this missing link for download?

because that is where this gshop.dat?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
and this Patch.rar that is mentioned in the video.

which has the element and gshop.dat is it just me or was this missing link for download?

because that is where this gshop.dat?

If you want the Patch with elements.data and gshop.data you can get it here

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
CG i have setup the server..and for the first time its working and i can log in,,but after i reset server and i try to log in back again ..it some how show cannot connect..and i check the ubuntu its show 'session close for TTL expired' i dont know what happen here..
sorry my bad english..

Reaction score
CG i have setup the server..and for the first time its working and i can log in,,but after i reset server and i try to log in back again ..it some how show cannot connect..and i check the ubuntu its show 'session close for TTL expired' i dont know what happen here..
sorry my bad english..

Umm did you reset it from ingame? I heard of people doing that and screwing up their servers that way =O

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I do everything as you post, and I follow all the steps of the video, but when I try to loggin, appears this window
coolgirlpwns - Guide To Making a Server( Old Files) - RaGEZONE Forums

What may I do?
And how can I change the exp, drops, gold, etc... rates please? :)

And also I saw this :S
Can be this the problem?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I do everything as you post, and I follow all the steps of the video, but when I try to loggin, appears this window

What may I do?
And how can I change the exp, drops, gold, etc... rates please? :)

And also I saw this :S
Can be this the problem?

I think your error is the one right above it, it said something about gdelivery. Try searching perfect world forums as i have no idea at all what that means =O ive never encountered that problem

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
CG is there way to change the language ingame??

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

its in veit how to change it to english??

Reaction score
CG is there way to change the language ingame??

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

its in veit how to change it to english??

Use an element editing program.
If you open up the elements.data(located in your data folder in client) You can translate it all from viet. to english. Although it would take a while its do-able.
Take the ID and put it in a site like jd.pwdatabase and it tells you what it is in english, then just replace the name or text.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Cheers for this, i guess im a noob, but where do i get element editor? Would the PW one work, i couldnt find the answer as i only skimmed through. I will translate it when i get time and re post the elements.data :D

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Whats wrong?
OK i fixed everything now it just wont ping. Any ideas why not.

EDIT 4
When i ping the ip's from my computer i get

PS are you ment to ping from my computer or ubuntu?

Last edited:
Reaction score

Whats wrong?
OK i fixed everything now it just wont ping. Any ideas why not.

EDIT 4
When i ping the ip's from my computer i get

PS are you ment to ping from my computer or ubuntu?

I am uploading a voice tutorial with full video guide on how to do the server. took me forever to make but i did it for my love of you guys x)

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I know how to do it it just wont ping :p

Do you know why it wont ping though?

And could you explain where the main .data files are, quests, items, gshop etc for noobs?

Last edited:
Reaction score
with the gshop.data and elements and npcgen i posted a good guide on that.

But if you are wondering where elements.data and gshop.data are you have both in your client at
TruTien>element>data

you have it in server files at
usr>rain>gamed>config>

and im not exactly sure why yours wont ping, although ive had some people actually connect to their server eventhough it wouldnt ping. have you tryed that yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back