Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help Creating a Test Server for Jade Dynasty

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Before i made this thread im letting you know that i have read multiple topics here and i got confused. So i made this thread to get a start in the right direction.

A little about my experience

I am a complete novice in programming with java and i have little experience using ubuntu.

All i wanna really do is create my own test server so that i can boost my developing skills.

What I'd like to ask is how to create my own JD Judgement/Regenesis(if possible) test server and all the links to the guides in steps.

So for example:
1. Tools (what OS, software i need) Links to server and clients JD Judgement/Regenesis
2. Guide: set up server
3. Mod files
etc.

also would i need to use a virtual machine or linux based or windows OS?

Any help i can get is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I welcome anyone to pm me as well if they would really really like to help me :D

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. 1a - You need Centos (4.4-4.9 is recommended) 32bit or newer versions (right now I'm using centos 5, and the realm names show up well)
1b - Or you can use Ubuntu, but I would recommend Centos
-
-
2a - Virtual Machine - VMware Workstation, preferably version 9 and upwards (This is not free, so you'll have to look on your own for the free ones)
2b - Or a dedicated host with linux installed on it.
3 - Winscp or Putty to manage the files that you will add in and remove depending on your circumstances.
-
-
4 - Tools to Edit the files such as EL Editor, Gshop editor, Task editor, etc. You can find them in the release section.
5 - The Server files, I'd recommend using Rocklee's files
- rocklee serverfiles
6 - The Client I would recommend using Xtremejade's client
-
7 - A Website
- **Read the note below for extra info on this.

2 -Setting Up the server-
While installing your OS make sure you check minimal installation for your OS, if your using Centos 5 and newer uncheck all the desktop packages for minimal installation if you do not see minimal installation as an option to tick.

You'll see what I mean when you get there.

If you downloaded Rocklee's server files, follow his instructions, it should be straight forward and easy to follow.

Note Read this Please!* You connect to your virtual machine with WinSCP or PuTTY so in order to find the IP of your Virtual Machine do ifconfig and it should show you your eth0 IP address. Use that as the Host name
The user should be root while the password is the password that you created while installing your OS.
If you do NOT have the display of your eth0 IP, you're going to have to set up your vmware settings.

That can be done by starting Vmware -> Edit -> Virtual Network Editor - click VMnet1 under that window, you'll see bridged, NAT, and Host-Only.
Select Bridged then on Bridged to, click the box after it to select the connection that you are using.
For example, if you are connecting wirelessly, you would select your Wireless Adapter and if you are on a wired connection, you would choose your wired connection.

One this is done, click OK and continue on to editing your virtual machine settings. so Click the Virtual machine that you are going to use under My Computer in VMware and click edit Virtual machine Settings. While you're at this, feel free to give it more ram if needed.
Now select Network Adapter then the box next to it, select Custom: Specific Virtual Network and select VMnet 1 and hit OK. Then feel free to start your OS and once again, type ifconfig to find your IP.

Now, if you plan to do a fullstart, you will need more than 4 gigs ram, about 8 would be enuf for the fullstart
However, 32 bit only go up to 4gig ram.
So to solve this problem, You're going to have to install kernel-PAE or kernel-SMP
this can be done by using the command - yum install kernel-PAE - or - yum install kernel-SMP -
Note* If you get the repository errors, use
You would simply go to /etc/yum.repos.d by using WinSCP and edit the CentOS-Base.repo by double clicking it
If you do not have one, create one and copy and paste in the info from that URL into it!

To have a website, you must have Xampp installed. Of course, if you used Rocklee's server files then it should have already been installed by the time you were done following Rocklee's instructions!

Now, you go to the folder /opt/lampp/htdocs
and drag in the website content into it.
if you add in the website carefully, it should be YOURIP/website if you added it in where it is like this
- /opt/lampp/lampp/htdocs/website/website content (This includes .html and .php files, if you do not see these, you did something wrong)
Edit the config.php file and change the password and database to match yours!

-

Sorry for this very long note lol
The rest is up to you if you get stuck on something reply back here.

3 Modding the files are really easy if you go through a process called Trial and Error. I mean it >_>

Anyways make a backup of the file you're going to edit and open it with the corresponding tool. After making your edits and finding out what all the buttons are! or atleast the important ones, double check what you have edited and make sure that they are correct.

For example with the Gshop, if you add in a Pisces Essence that is not supposed to stack, please make sure the amount it gives when you buy it is indeed 1. not 2 3 4 5 or up to infinity because your server won't start.

---------------------

Since this is a test server, Virtual Machine is the best way.

And on my opinion, if you want to better your developing skills, you're going to have to research by yourself for the small errors you find along the way, if you really do get stuck, then try finding the solutions here or on other websites that relate to java, etc, and not just Jade Dynasty.

If there is more to add, I'll edit if there is something that I missed.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply man i really appreciate it. Gonna try this out now :D

Back