Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Simple question :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey all! Awesome work providing so much knowledge to everyone on hosting and networking etc etc. Very good stuff! I am currently on my first mission to host jade dynasty and most of it is easy for me except using VMware. I mean, I get it, but I don't lol. My simple question is...

When you start a server on VMware using either red hat or centOS (./qd or ./start), are you supposed to wait for some kind of confirmation that the server is ready? I waited two hours and just watched the black screen with text scrolling the entire time. I don't know what I'm looking for, if anything.

As far as connectivity, I have the VMnet0 bridged to my network adaptor and I can ping my Vmware server IP using the CMD function successfully every time. I can also access the server files with WinSCP successfully. I have yet to find a proper client to test with yet, but am currently downloading the 2.2.8 client painfully slowly. (50kbps or less)

As a side note, I have tried to connect to the account editing page using firefox but it can't connect to my server IP. Not sure what thats about either. I'm using the server from the closed sticky of the Jade Dynasty releases page that was posted by Loc. Red hat linux on VMware.

I know this was a long post and I apologize but I like to be thorough as many people often don't provide enough information when asking for help. Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to offer help, I appreciate it!

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Moved to the appropriate section, please please be more careful of where you post next time. The rules are here for a reason.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Moved to the appropriate section, please please be more careful of where you post next time. The rules are here for a reason.

I do offer my most humblest apology. But surely this is an easy question to answer, with all the people here that have successfully started and played on a server. I usually hate to ask for help, but this is just one of those rare and special moments when I can't figure it out on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back