Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

VMWare Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, I have been installing a private server for this game, but CoolGirlPwns took down her tutorial and videos on youtube about it, so I was stuck on doing it by memory and figuring out things for myself.

Now I'm at the point where I have the game running on the host machine, and the VMware is running the server with the IFConfig reading 192.168.1.200, which I have my router set on for port forwarding. I also have set the servers list for the client to the web IP.

But the game will not connect from other computer. When I type in the web IP to test the register page, it takes me to my router's settings page.

Can someone please point me in what I need to change/fix possibly?

Thanks! :)

Edit: I still couldn't figure out what I was lacking, so I put the VMware IP behind a DMZ and it seemed to work.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Enabling DMZ exposes your computer completely to Anyone malicious....That is really not recommended .

I got a little bit confused upon reading your post ,so tell me what you trying to do is make our server "aka" Public,or,merely Local?

Local=Any computer o the home network (LAN) can connect?
public=Any ip can connect to it?

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm making it public, but mainly just to people I know personally: at least for now. I just said the .200 IP to say I do have the router set up to port forward. I was testing it with the Internet IP address to see if it worked or not (obviously, as it worked with DMZ on).

I know DMZ is not recommended, but at least I only have the Virtual Server behind the DMZ, the computer itself is actually not behind the DMZ. The DMZ'd server is just bridged into a protected connection via software, if that makes any sense.

As the main computer itself isn't in a DMZ, just the VM, I figured it wouldn't hurt anything: especially since that computer isn't for anything but a couple of games, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back