Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Just wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As many people that have claimed to host their servers successfully and yet...It seems no one has thought to get a server build working correctly with all the changes/merges/SQL stuff already configured. Then just save the server build as is and share it?

It just doesn't seem to make sense in sharing server files that need lots of technical work to function properly.

For example, the server could be pre-configured for correct functioning, and shared so that all we should* have to do is change our own IP with static IP to match the server's IP. Oh and of course to change the IP in element/userdata/server/serverlist.txt

Does anyone agree? Or is it just not as simple as that?

I've tried 4 different server file builds and what clients I can find with absolutely no luck whatsoever.

I swear I'm not trying to be a penis, nor am I trying to be ungrateful for all the hard work put into this entire forum on a whole. I'm just trying to help out those like myself who, after 4 solid days and many long nights of frustration, just want to connect to their own JD server.

Sorry for going on and on about it. Feel free to offer any and all feedback!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well..I don't know at this point. I am already in the process of uninstalling all that wasted space taken up by non-functional WMware servers and JD clients.. If anyone ever decides to release a server that requires little to no changes in order to run, I'll check it out. Until then..I think I've wasted enough of my time with little to no help. I really did scour these forums, but all the releases I saw were the same...Some had very short steps to take, but none of them worked for me. I always get some kind of error and there are never any clear instructions on how to reverse them, just a bunch of people asking for help lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back