Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Free Iweb !!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is how i edit characters :

1 : i.e: ./gamedbd gamesys.conf exportrole 1024 > 1024.xml (1024 is the character ID )
2: edit what you want
3: reimport the file

Enjoy ^_^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the import comand is the same but instead of exportrole you put importrole

and yes it working with server online and ith character online aswell

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
./gamedbd gamesys.conf exportrole 1024 > 1024.xml | it work
./gamedbd gamesys.conf importrole 1024 > 1024.xml | it don't work...
What am I doing wrong?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is there any chances to use it as player not on ur server? :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it works just fine , just find the import comand and works fine ....

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey, I am just wondering as to how this actually works? Where do I put that command exactly? Is it in PuTTY..? Could you maybe add a tiny guide for the "not so smart" like me lol

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Does not work. No changes.

Its great that you released this info but, even me I'm looking all over the ./gamedbd doc. and cant find any mention of import role from xml file, so if you do have this fully working what is the import script you're using, is it a node type script where you have to import each variable from the xml file or can you just write one line referring to your edited xml. Elaborate please. If you do have an import from xml, than will that script also work for exportuser xml's.

EDIT: Also this isnt a truely updated export, as mine is stuck at level 49 for psychea, haven't tested for all yet.

I also need to figure out how come my server reset to THAT specific xml file, I have no way of knowing wdf happened. All i know is that happened after i tried to fix the db cause of other accounts failing to log in with server network error while the account i was testing on logs in fine but slow.

Edit 2: Do not export anything from the gamedbd while the server is online as this will for reasons unknown 'bug" youre database.

Bug 1: when ever you restart the server, what ever / where ever you are(doing) in the game will be whats loaded up the next time you log in.

Bug 2: you risk wiping every character in the game.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^This poop won't break your database if you know what you are doing, actually the PHP Iwebs (Jdadmin) works with those commands.
1- Export the user
2- Make changes
3- Import back the changes that you made on this user.

You can simply check PWAdmin it works in same way, if I'm not wrong.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hmm, there's no output in the help that shows importrole, and all it does when u try to run that command is show the program's usage. are you guys talking about what I will highlight down below? exportrole is there but not importrole. only importdb roleidfile factionidfile familyidfile.

Usage: ./gamedbd conf-file
[ importclsconfig |exportclsconfig | clearclsconfig
| printlogicuid | printunamerole zoneid | printunamefaction zoneid | printunamefamily zoneid
| gennameidx | exportunique zoneid
|importdb roleidfile factionidfile familyidfile
| query roleid | exportrole roleid
| listrole | listrolebrief | listuserbrief | listfaction | listfamily | listfamilyuser
| listshoplog | listwaitdel | listsyslog | listcommondata
| updateroles | convertdb | repairdb
| tablestat | tablestatraw | findmaxsize dumpfilename
| read tablename id
| rewritetable fromname toname | rewritedb
| listid tablename | rewritetable roleidfile fromname toname
| merge srcdbpath srcbackdbpath dstbackdbpath
| splitdb newdbpath backdbpath year-month-day
| splitverify dbpath out-userinfo out-roleinfo out-backedrole [-b] | splitverify-simple backdbpath
| compressdb | decompressdb | verifydb | verifybackdb]

I've been trying to match the uniquenamed and gamedbd with new uids I changed in the sql database but all I keep coming up with are dead ends. I managed to export and import all the uniquenamed csv and corrected them. but can't do the same for the gamedbd. would anyone know how or if its possible? the previous uids were causing problems in the toplist. I think the gamedbd starts at 1024 but for some reason accepted starting at 32 due to some code in the sql file when it was imported.

What it had:
Code:
BEGIN
  DECLARE idtemp INTEGER;
    SELECT IFNULL(MAX(id), [B][COLOR=#a52a2a]16[/COLOR][/B]) + [B][COLOR=#a52a2a]16[/COLOR][/B] INTO idtemp FROM users;
    INSERT INTO users (id,name,passwd,prompt,answer,truename,idnumber,email,mobilenumber,province,city,phonenumber,address,postalcode,gender,birthday,creatime,qq,passwd2) VALUES( idtemp, name1, passwd1, prompt1, answer1, truename1, idnumber1, email1, mobilenumber1, province1, city1, phonenumber1, address1, postalcode1, gender1, birthday1, now(), qq1, passwd21 );
END

What it should have been?:
Code:
BEGIN
  DECLARE idtemp INTEGER;
    SELECT IFNULL(MAX(id), [COLOR=#008000][B]1008[/B][/COLOR]) + [B][COLOR=#008000]16[/COLOR][/B] INTO idtemp FROM users;
    INSERT INTO users (id,name,passwd,prompt,answer,truename,idnumber,email,mobilenumber,province,city,phonenumber,address,postalcode,gender,birthday,creatime,qq,passwd2) VALUES( idtemp, name1, passwd1, prompt1, answer1, truename1, idnumber1, email1, mobilenumber1, province1, city1, phonenumber1, address1, postalcode1, gender1, birthday1, now(), qq1, passwd21 );
END

I'll take what ever little help I can get. I've kinda been at it for days trying but can't seem to update the uids in the game database using ./gamdbd gamesys.conf -instruction-. btw this is really a problem for Ether Saga Odyssey, though the tools seem the same. that section has nothing on these things. and I'd think it's why the toplist in the release for Ether Saga Odyssey Server doesn't update. I just want to preserve the characters and update their uids.

Reaction score
Mango Orange We are talking about character editing directly from the game database and you are talking for accounts we are on totally different things :D
For those who still trying to import the edited characters, you will need a PHP script that packs the things and sends them back to the server via ports 29400;29401;29100.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
haha, but I still do wanna change stuff there too. would there be any way to change the character userid stored in the gamedbd? to match with the userid in the mysql table? there's 3 ids stored in gamedbd. roleid(logicuid), userid(mysql) & name(character name).
./gamedbd gamesys.conf listrole
I've tried changing the userid field in the character xml and sending it back but everything else changes except the userid. it reverts back. like say its 32, and I changed to 1024, after reopening its back to 32.

Reaction score
I get what you mean, but unfortunately you can't do any kind of change/import, I have tried every single command and checked them what they do, and none of them has a option that imports back the exported character details.
lets say this you are going to execute /gamedbd gamesys.conf exportrole 1024 > 1024.xml which means it will export all character details of character ID 1024 and it will save those details into 1024.xml, then you have to import back the file into the database, but there is no import command, the closest command that I found was importrolelist, but sadly the command can not be executed correctly, cause all those selfish asses who makes the releases doesn't release all important stuffs like those, cause imagine if everybody can edit his character like this, people like Error won't sell theirs tools. So the only way to import back its via php script, I think I got somewhere all packets that JD uses, but sadly I never figured a php iwebs it doesn't really matter for me cause I have fully English one. :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
aww, that's messed up. but I think I understand now! thank you!! XD it doesn't offer any way to re-import the xml files. the only way to edit is by php script, via iwebs. which for some reason doesn't change the userid. geez, I guess I'll have to clear the db and start fresh! thanks again!! it helped!!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
./gamedbd gamesys.conf exportrole 1040 > 1040.xml
./gamedbd gamesys.conf importrole 1040 < 1040.xml

Reaction score
@proo I'm sorry mate to tell you this, but there is no importrole command, before copying from other posts please make sure is it true.

Here are all commands that gamedbd can run.
./gamedbd gamesys.conf
version|
repairstockcancel |
getreferrals roleid |
getreferrer roleidfile..|
delinactiveusers day..|
repairflower |
rewriteflowerroleid roleidmap |
fixcitystore oldcitystore roleidmap factionidmap...|
listduprolename |
listitemcontainer...|
listroleinventory [roleid] |
syncnamechange |
verifyname |
delzoneplayers zoneid |
movedbto unique-dbhome srcdbhome zoneid....|
listrolemoney |
listdeityrole |
listpkbet |
walktables |
listbase2..|
cmpuseridexchange |
dbhome..|
exportcsvuseridexchange |
dbhome..|
delfrozenplayers day |
allocnewlogicuid useridfile logicuid_begin.....|
compressdb |
decompressdb |
verifydb |
listterritory |
abstractroles dbdatapath zoneid....|
equipscan equip_ids_file [level]..|
compressdb |
decompressdb |
verifydb |
listterritory].....|
listid tablename |
rewritetable roleidfile fromname toname....|
rewritetable fromname toname |
rewritedb..|
read tablename id.....|
tablestat |
tablestatraw |
findmaxsize dumpfilename...|
updateroles |
convertdb |
repairdb....|
listshoplog |
listwaitdel |
listsyslog....|
listrole |
listrolebrief [yyyy-mm-dd]|
listuserbrief |
listfaction |
listfamily |
listfamilyuser..|
query roleid |
exportrole roleid |
merge dbdatapath..|
exportuser userid..|
gennameidx |
exportunique zoneid..|
printlogicuid |
printunamerole zoneid |
printunamefaction zoneid |
printunamefamily zoneid....|
importrolelist rolelistfilenamelist|
exportrolelist roleidfilename rolelistfilename...[
importclsconfig |
exportclsconfig |
clearclsconfig.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there anyone who know what type of compression is the database use?

Back