Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

v1378 and v1559 Out of the Box

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Here are servers v1378 and v1559 setup to work on Debian 8 or Ubuntu 14, x32 or x64 (Should work on RHEL too)... I understand that these servers are x32 and was designed on the RHEL distro, but i am not a big fan of RHEL nor do i like VMWare... Aside from that the recent distros handle multi cpu, cores/threads. and ram much better...

I found the servers here on mrosenov's "Pack of Servers" post...

taralonger just shared a nice looking v1559 client mostly in English here...

I cleaned them up and fixed some of the settings comparing to other official packages (No Errors in the Logs)... Disabled/commented most of the "isec keys" for debugging and easy connections... Included a package installer script that will install required packages, mysql, phpmyadmn, etc for Debian 8 and Ubuntu 14... Also a clean sql db for import...

Simple User Register page found at {IP}/register.php...
Edit "/var/www/html/register.php" for mysql, gold, etc...

Simple server control file (Default Realm 15)...
Edit the /opt/server file to change default realm, user name, password, etc...

# start server
Code:
server start

# stop server
Code:
server stop

# list service running or not
Code:
server status

# start separate realm
Code:
server realm 50

user name = root
password = root
sql db = zxsf
server dir = /opt

Easy Setup
=============
Extract :
Code:
tar -zxvf JD_v####_Server.tar.gz -C /

Install packages run :
Code:
/root/inst_Debian8_Ubuntu14.sh

Import sql :
Code:
mysql -uroot -proot < /root/db.sql

Code:
server start

Don't forget to sync all of the elements.data, tasks.data, and gshop.data files...
Server and client must have the same files on each...
Downloads
=============

Many thanks to mrosenov for v4.4.0 (16 Class) here

Thank you to everyone out there who have offered support and sharing...

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Added v4.4.0 - 16 class... Thanx again mrosenov... :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
cheers for the release working straight away no stress install

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Finally got everything installed. Server works great. Almost everything English. Because my VMware image used root 123456 I had to modify table.xml in order to connect to client. Figured that out when I got the Error (255). Thank You for the streamlined images.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What steps do I need to take to test with client?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@Bayne94
Do you have experience with setting up a JD server and/or any Angelica based mmo...?

I would start with Perfect World as it has much more support...

As for testing, set up a server, and connect to it with the client...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey yes, I have experience setting up servers but only with the VMware images provided here and not with the pure server files. I was able to get the server installed and running on Ubuntu 14 without any trouble.

However, what I should have asked is which client is recommended to use because I haven't been doing any development in JD for a while now.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@Bayne94

Hello, mrosenov has a nice collection of clients (look for thread called "Pack of Clients")... As for the latest server, v4.4.0 I've tried the client from RebornJD but it is highly customized... Jade Dynasty server has a nice client...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Where can I get the other client you are referring to, as I am currently using the reborn client.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
This one is the other one... Been a little while since i last looked at it...
Not sure if they have made more customizations...

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Sorry I was wrong... That was Dragon Dynasty suggested by 'taralonger in a different thread... I updated link in previous posts...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Good evening , thank you very much for sharing . Does the server support out of box Elysium, Territory Wars ? Wrechid Thank you!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@Rizenel, I don't understand "Elysium"

As for Territory Wars, does JD have TW...? LOL...

I'm not as familiar with JD... If it does have TW, it should work... All I did was extract the server files from the VMware images and cleaned them up so that we can install on our own choice of os and/or VM software...

Note: This is a Jade Dynasty thread... "Out of the box" has NO relation to other servers like Perfect World...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello there,
i was wondering if you could help me with this error i tried to install this server but i get this error Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
openjdk-7-jre : Depends: openjdk-7-jre-headless (= 7u51-2.4.6-1ubuntu4) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
i have Ubuntu 14.04 LTS then i tried to do apt-get install openjdk-7-jre-headless then apt-get install tzdata-java then apt-get install tzdata-java=2016f-0ubuntu0.14.04
all while having root access idk what is wrong i am new to Ubuntu so idk what to do.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hello, which arch of Ubuntu 14 are you using...? 32 or 64 bit...? I use 64 bit for use of more ram...

Are you using the script that I included to install the required packages...?

Are you installing on a fresh install of Ubuntu 14...?

I'll do a test run, and make sure that the repository didn't update and make things difficult...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, which arch of Ubuntu 14 are you using...? 32 or 64 bit...? I use 64 bit for use of more ram...

Are you using the script that I included to install the required packages...?

Are you installing on a fresh install of Ubuntu 14...?

I'll do a test run, and make sure that the repository didn't update and make things difficult...

Yes ,you are right, i had the same error like him. It was the Dist.. at fault. It went 100% on Ubuntu 14 fresh install. If not , try Ubtuntu 12.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Wrechid

Elysium is an interserver map and yes JD does have TW

I have been trying to set up the interserver for these files but I can't seem to get it to work.

Out of curiosity have you tried and interserver setup for these files?

Last edited:
Back