Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

v1378 and v1559 Out of the Box

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@[h=1]Wrechid[/h]Hello, which arch of Ubuntu 14 are you using...? 32 or 64 bit...? I use 64 bit for use of more ram... i am using 14.04 LTS 32x; will download 64x and try

Are you using the script that I included to install the required packages...?
yes i got that error after running it and tried to download w/e was missing and went on a loop at tzdata
Are you installing on a fresh install of Ubuntu 14...?
yes

I'll do a test run, and make sure that the repository didn't update and make things difficult...

@[h=1]Rizenel[/h]will try v12 after v14 64x

sry guys i am new to Ubuntu; also got another question how to set up an ip or local lan for me and my friends to play the game like using radmin vpn on windows?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@devilhell

You can host the server on a VM on your computer and port forward with your router. Port forward the game port which should be 29000 with your VM IP address with both TCP and UDP protocols.

To find your VM IP... Use the command
Code:
ifconfig
in your server. That is the IP address you should port forward.

Now you are done.

All you have to do now is find your public IP address by checking Google.

Use your public IP in the serverlist.txt file in client side and your friends should be able to connect to your server.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@Bayne94

no i haven't tried the interserver... I mostly play with PW, i started with JD because of the Angelica Engine...

If i may ask, what is the interserver...?

I pulled the files out of a VMWare image, and all i did was clean up the gamesys.conf files so that the server and client IPs pointed to the right locations... a lot of the client ips were pointing to 0.0.0.0 and vise-verses... I think that everything should work, unless there are other os packages needed... i used default packages for angelica engine... I did test the server for basic load and connect to via matching client version...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Wrechid

The interserver is similar to the cross server in PW. It basically runs the elysium map.

I haven't actually used the interserver in the past because I was unable to get it working with any of the server files I worked with.

But with these new files and the introduction of Crystal Rift (don't know how new crystal rift is.... Because wasn't there since I last palyed lol) the quest line carries you to elysium.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@Bayne94

ahh ok...

Well if its anything like PW cross server, that would require a 2nd server to run the elysium map... Cross server setup is complicated, i tried it a few times but no luck...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can run interserver and uniqueserver on same machine just load the files locally and change zone ids
Can you advise how to do this? Tired this way and on a separate server but didn't get it to work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks Bayne94,Rizenel & Wrechid for all your information i got every thing Green on Server status and forwarded port 29000 and used my public IP on server list in userdata/server/serverlist.txt and can't connect to the game when i open elements.exe it loads then closes automatically re:NEWAbsolute 29000:4x.xxx.xx.3 1
also same on userdata/server/newserver/serverlist.txt
could some one guide on on what i am doing wrong.
thanks for your help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@devilhell

Make sure that your .data files from server match the client files i.e. elements.data, path.data, gshop.data. etc
Also make sure that in the serverlist.txt file you are using is the one in yourclient\element\userdata\server\serverlist.txt

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
devilhell I assume you're using the 15 factions client that I released here is tricky, cuz you have to extract the elementclient.exe because its moleboxed. Also check patcher/server/serverlist.txt if it exists delete it.
I am using the 15 one from here
http://forum.ragezone.com/f617/collection-pack-clients-1141735/
So yeah its the one you released also idk if i should extract with 7z or something else and if you could guide me to things i need to download and i will try to make it work thanks for the help .

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am using the 15 one from here
http://forum.ragezone.com/f617/collection-pack-clients-1141735/
So yeah its the one you released also idk if i should extract with 7z or something else and if you could guide me to things i need to download and i will try to make it work thanks for the help .

Hello , i used Dragon Dynasty client , i edited the serverlist , took all the neccesary files from server and pasted them to client , and it worked right away . So did the Reborn one.

But still got my head stuck in Elysium... the interserver.. for the other things the server works beautiful 100% right from the box!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16mbB2L7U4en-cTeNeJuPJ1NgKuTSQldY You can try this Client , i use it for testing . Try first only by editing serverlist , if it works right away then its good , if not try to copy files from server.. because i don't remember but i think i edited some .gs files.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
how to fix it? Ubuntu 16.04 lts.

DB- ok

Please help me

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
first guess would be log dir or libs... have you tried starting each service manually and seeing what the output is...?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am installing server 4.2.0. Copied .data files. The client displays the server. When I try to enter the message "Server update in progress, please path and try again".

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am installing server 4.2.0. Copied .data files. The client displays the server. When I try to enter the message "Server update in progress, please path and try again".

Not all the data files need to be copied. All tasks.data files do, all gshop.data files and elements.data.
If you ae coping to the server side make sure you give proper permission of 0777 to all the files.

Back