Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Development tutorial - in progress

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I'm starting to write this tutorial for you guys. It will teach you a lot about in game development on JD.

I'm wondering if anyone has any specific things they want to know how to do in game.

I started to post it here, but it is nowhere near complete and already super long.

I'm going to edit this post with parts as they're done, but there is just so much to cover, so if anyone has anything they really want to know how to do as soon as possible post it here, and I'll cover that first.

So, the first thing you need to know is what type of files you have. As of the time of writing this there are about 7 or so file versions that will require different editors to view/save. Most of the time these editors are in Chinese, if you are lucky enough to have obtained SoftManager or a program like it, then you should be able to develop all but the newest file type. Current version of SoftManager is 7.0, for me anyways. For the purposes of this tutorial we will be using SoftManager 7.0 AND EL editor 3.6. We will also use some random gshop, npcgen, and other editors. Anything that is able to be shared will have a link in this thread for you to be able to obtain the program.

I'm not going to go too deep into the different file types, that will be for another tutorial that will eventually be linked "here". This tutorial will include more linux and administrative stuff, my partner will be working on it eventually...

We have a few different types of files, first there are the 5 class files, I don't have editors for these, nor do I know a damn thing about editing them. Most of what you learn in this tutorial will apply to those files though.

9 class files - same deal.

11 class files before understream
npcgen editor = - credits to whoever from mcncc that developed it, and Shimmy for translations.
Will provide more information soon.

11 class before Voida but after US - I think this is like 1184

12 class after Voida but before working Voida = 1235 file set

12 class with working Voida - 1264 file set.
Elements editor in full English with credits to Comper can be downloaded here http://forum.ragezone.com/f617/release-1264-elements-data-editor-925474/
Path editor with credits to MCNCC here -

Alright so I'm going to start with generic stuff that is the same across all server types.

Let's start with what you can do with the npcgen.data that is found in map folders. Every 'map folder' has a different npcgen.data, npcgen controls where a mob spawns, where a npc spawns, what direction they face, what realm they spawn on, how many are in a group, how often they spawn, and some other stuff I don't know/can't think of right now.

I've used the same program (linked above) for all 11 class and 12 class servers.

Here is a tutorial on using the npcgen.data editor to add a custom npc or monster.

Here you can see how to edit things with the path.data editor linked above.

This is the first video describing things you can do with elements.data. This one covers sigils, pots, equipment, and attributes.
This is the second video on elements.data, mostly talks about drop list editing.
Next part should be done todayish

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, i was hoping you could help me out a little. I have gotten a server up and running. The files i downloaded said 1264, but every 1264 and higher editor i have tried hasnt worked. compers in particular wont even let me run it. when i extract the files, the exe file just dissappears so i cant run it to see if his program will work for me. please help. i believe it defeats the purpose of having a private server if the rates are the same as the offical game. also, i am having trouble with the jdmailer, i have put in server ip and port, and character id, and item id, and item amount, then typed in letters to the other boxes, connects to server fine, says mail sent, but the characters never recieve the mail. thanks in advance for any help in these matters :)

Back