Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Jade Dynasty - Ubuntu, MySQL - On a Remote Server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
my server up already but i dont know how we create character because need user id and pass...

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
You need to make a registration script in PHP. I'm pretty sure I posted one somewhere... just have a look around, you'll find it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
wow...found it thanks...and myserver done...can login now...btw how to manage NPC or mobs or equipment?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if ubuntu works on Windows 7? I am a noob...that's why I am asking ...and if it does work where do i put all those commands ...sorry for asking but I rlly want to know....

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if ubuntu works on Windows 7? I am a noob...that's why I am asking ...and if it does work where do i put all those commands ...sorry for asking but I rlly want to know....

Ubuntu is a Linux distro, which is an operating system. The only ways to make it "work with Windows 7" is to either:

1. Make a partition and install Ubuntu Server on that.
  2. Download vBox or VMWare and use them. (I will not support Virtual Computer software).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Just to make sure everything clear for me so far.
In step 1 do I download 3 things? or just 1? So far I have:
- winscp433setupnocandy.exe
- 7-zip 64-bit
- Navicat - for MySQL (but what I don't understand here is, exactly what to get, but so far i got the 30-day trial. Is the navicat lite the same thing, just unlocked? or something different)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I may have to remake my Dropbox account, as it's been flagged for high bandwidth. So it's going to me a minimum of 72 hours before the links are back up, if it's not, I'll reupload.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I may have to remake my Dropbox account, as it's been flagged for high bandwidth. So it's going to me a minimum of 72 hours before the links are back up, if it's not, I'll reupload.

I'll upload them to one of my servers for a backup version if the links ever go bad.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

k thank you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how to make default character with item and full stash?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
done that...btw can we create item and put in on other's char?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, I am unfortunately somewhat confused by this guide.

What are these commands about? "Command: apt-get update" etc
Where exactly am I typing this? cmd?

Do I have to switch over to Ubuntu to have a server running?

It's mainly the whole "Command" thing. Can you explain this a bit more? Thanks :).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
jc44 Applications, Accessories, Terminal.

Im currently stuck on Command: tar xvzf JD.tar.gz .
I untar once but ran out of room so I went and expanded my space and now it wont untar again.

Any ideas ?

Last edited:
Back