Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[JDDC] TuT on how to Setup a Server on Vmware Image

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello Every One This is Dunk, Many ppl might know me and other don't But i dont Like keeping What i know for my self So i will start with this TUT.

First of All i will Start with the Files i work With, i dont remember Where i got those files exactly i have them for long time But they are 1264 server files Same TUT works for all files.

Link:

i dont Have mirrors For this if u need a mirror make one ur self.

Starting With Vmware First:

Basic Things---> Open Vmware workstation 9(can be found on google), locate Your Vm image and Open it.

After Opening First thing To do is that we will Find this screen, Click (Take Owner Ship)

Next Up u will See this,
> Click On memory To Select the desired Memory
>click on network adapter To select the Way u want to host the server, even Public Or Localy.

Next up we Click on Power On the virtual Machine.

When This pops Up make sure to click on ( I moved it ), other wise ur network card will be reseted and u will have to enable it by other means.

When it says press any key to continue u press any key and then use ur arrow keys to Choose Do nothing 3 following times and let the Server open.

When u reach the Login Screen where it says( Local Host login :), u will type In *root* as username with out the stars and *123456* without the stars as well. :lol:

When it logs in we will have to change the Ip on the Server So we will type in
( ifconfig eth0 192.168.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.xxx.xxx(xxx= the number you want or u can just change the whole IP to match ur router settings and hit enter,like this.

Next Step is that we open Winscp and connect to Our server So u open winscp Input the Ip u used on The change Ip step, the username you used while logging in (root) and the password (123456) This should open the server files like this

next go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and change the Ips in there so u set a static Ip for your server as the Ip we did before was not static and would change if u reboot the server, then Go back to /etc/sysconfig/network and change the gatway to your router Ip (Ip you use to access the router settings page).

After Doing all this your server is now ready to start it, now U need to do a reboot which can be done by typing reboot in the Vmware, after reboot login again and type (ifconfig) with out the braces to check your IP if its not what u did change it using the step above if its okay you can start the server by typing ./start , and you can stop the server by typing ./stop,
Dont Forget To go to /root/zx/gamed/config and copy all files except the yellow folder to your client Data Folder so you can play

to Sign up a new account Go to and sign up ( i will release register scripts for this later if i dont find one on the forums but the server already has one try to use it
Now your server is online, If you want to play it with friends you need to port forward some ips on your router side(Port forwarding for router can be found on google)

As For dedicated You need to copy Some Files like ( libs-/root/zx-hosts file from Etc there are more i will talk about didcated later on.

Thanks For Reading i know its long and i wish i didnt Forget any thing If u have an comments or need Help Please comment here, if you like this Post Please hit Like.:w00t:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The person who made this VM forgot to disable Kudzu loading on boot. It isn't a bad thing, but makes your boot time 30 seconds longer.

To turn it off you should use:
chkconfig --level 0123456 kudzu off

(Kudzu is just to probe if the hardware was changed or something like that. And as it is a VM, I'd say it is pretty safe to turn it off.)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i receive the message "incorrect username or password" when i try connect via client to server
and yes i know what username and password i used to register
i receive this error at all 1264 servers which i tryed to configure
you can ingnore the photos if you consider that they don't have nothing in common with the error above

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Orang Asli - Semai - 华人
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i receive the message "incorrect username or password" when i try connect via client to server
and yes i know what username and password i used to register
if it helps with something below are a few pictures
View attachment 135929View attachment 135930View attachment 135928
and received this error at all this files 1, 2, 3 when i use this client

as i said in the guide The Erros are from the Reg script Try search the forums for a better Reg scripts

i give up with mega T^T
can i download this file from here and follow this tutorial ? http://forum.ragezone.com/f617/jade-dynasty-1264-server-files-950254/#post7731055

The mega Link Works Fine for many Ppl AS for the Guide It works For all the Server version so u can download any u like

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Very nice tutorial.

Here is a register script that people will need if the one that comes with the VMware does not work.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

First make Sure You Set ur Ip right like your router Ip Next on go to Edit>Virtual Network Editor on Vmnet0 Change Bridged automatic To Your Internet adapter and apply now back to the image Go to Network adapter on the page before you start it and Choose Custom:specific virtual network then Choose VMnet0(bridged) The number 0 is changeable according to what you do

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I don't know if it is just me, but I am FORCED to run Vmware Workstation as administrator, if I just run Vmware Workstation as normal user, the virtual machine is unable to access the network.

Ps.: for some reason, that files aren't working for me. (OnAbort error)

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i has download register script.. and where must i do paste this register script

You can Put the Reg script in (using winscp)/opt/lampp/htdocs

I don't know if it is just me, but I am FORCED to run Vmware Workstation as administrator, if I just run Vmware Workstation as normal user, the virtual machine is unable to access the network.

Ps.: for some reason, that files aren't working for me. (OnAbort error)

As for Vmware yeah its annoying but i do the same have to run it In Admin As for the error I Dont know you are the first To report that Try other files Ragezone Is Full of server files My guide works for them all

Back